PlazmaBurst 2.5

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby AngelineReagan » 1 October 2016, 15:11

The hot spots on the walls caused by the laser and the collisions with the movable objects can be a nice touch to get in the game!
User avatar
AngelineReagan
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 22 July 2016, 04:58
Location: Philippines, Mabuhay Ang Pilipinas!

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 11 October 2016, 04:08

Be very cool to see what other types gadgets you will use in 2.5.
User avatar
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Ghost [400]
 
Posts: 431
Joined: 3 June 2016, 00:35
Location: USA

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby GhostX5 » 17 October 2016, 21:04

I'm very excited to see some new weapons in PB2.5! Anyway, the testing of the FPS view on PB2.5 looks nice, but the ground looks instantly flat. Well, the dawn sky looks pretty awesome! Not sure if the weapons still looks the same in the FPS view.
User avatar
GhostX5
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 468
Joined: 26 July 2016, 07:15
Location: Moon

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby tehswordninja » 24 October 2016, 16:40

GhostX5 wrote:I'm very excited to see some new weapons in PB2.5! Anyway, the testing of the FPS view on PB2.5 looks nice, but the ground looks instantly flat. Well, the dawn sky looks pretty awesome! Not sure if the weapons still looks the same in the FPS view.

Only things that are rendered in 3D (walls/backgrounds) will appear in 3D. Everything else will show up as a 2D sprite, which is why this mode won't be any more than a 'cheat'
User avatar
tehswordninja
Head Moderator
 
Posts: 706
Joined: 10 November 2013, 17:24
Location: Witty tagline

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby HaileyCheryline » 31 October 2016, 11:56

This is something new, I can't wait to play this 1!

HaileyCheryline
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 30 October 2016, 16:55

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby GhostX5 » 4 November 2016, 16:46

Yeah, Eric's finally working on adding sloping walls/movables and backgrounds. Felt bad for him that he has to rewrite the big part of the game code which got messed up by the sloping walls, movables and backgrounds :( ..

Anyway, the sloping movables may be a perfect one to use as a landslide! Landslides are pretty deadly, so be careful!
User avatar
GhostX5
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 468
Joined: 26 July 2016, 07:15
Location: Moon

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby AngelineReagan » 20 November 2016, 22:58

I'm so happy to hear some news here, now I can finally slide with style on sloping walls!
User avatar
AngelineReagan
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 22 July 2016, 04:58
Location: Philippines, Mabuhay Ang Pilipinas!

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby Tempus » 28 November 2016, 22:47


"New player overhead look, customizable username colors (team games probably will only allow two colors: team's color and white)."


Thoughts?

Looks cool, clean. I like it.
User avatar
Tempus
Administrator
 
Posts: 284
Joined: 15 July 2013, 02:45
Location: United States

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby GhostX5 » 28 November 2016, 23:11

That looks so cool, I can't wait to use this one! The new HP bar underneath the name looks way cooler! Much more advanced than the original one.
User avatar
GhostX5
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 468
Joined: 26 July 2016, 07:15
Location: Moon

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby mikey schmidt » 29 November 2016, 03:21

My favorite gun in raze 2 is the pulsator
i would like to have a pulsator in pb 2.5
-splash damage like the bng
-explode on impact
-the desing should be like : https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Oc9kXkXwrDg/hqdefault.jpg but the front barrel is a bit longer
-a fuse of proton-plasma-neutron
-belongs to upsurpations but i will steal one!



im jeff shadow btw
User avatar
mikey schmidt
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 April 2016, 01:00

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby ustopable » 2 December 2016, 14:34

Tempus wrote:
"New player overhead look, customizable username colors (team games probably will only allow two colors: team's color and white)."


Thoughts?

Looks cool, clean. I like it.


A little tranparency would make it nice and add an option to disable it for our hide and seek maps
User avatar
ustopable
Noir Lime [600]
 
Posts: 617
Joined: 8 August 2013, 10:14

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby GhostX5 » 3 December 2016, 03:17

I actually gave Eric some ideas for the name tag in Twitter, still unsure if that'll do good.

For the health bar, when it reaches 1 dot, it should blink red for about 1 second, for that if the character is critically on low HP.
User avatar
GhostX5
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 468
Joined: 26 July 2016, 07:15
Location: Moon

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 5 December 2016, 03:07

GhostX5 wrote:I actually gave Eric some ideas for the name tag in Twitter, still unsure if that'll do good.

For the health bar, when it reaches 1 dot, it should blink red for about 1 second, for that if the character is critically on low HP.
That might be kinda of cool.
User avatar
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Ghost [400]
 
Posts: 431
Joined: 3 June 2016, 00:35
Location: USA

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby mikey schmidt » 5 December 2016, 07:48

will the psi blades will be customizable at profile settings-character or the map maker decides?

(i would like to have it at profile settings though

to eric : MAKE MORE SKIES, these i would want in pb2.5
-orange horizon, purple above head, dark blue clouds
-red horizon, dark blue (not very dark) above head, darker blue clouds
-red with purple/blue clouds
-noticulent clouds, orange horizon, black above head, blue border in the middle of the horizon and above head
-purple horizon, blue above head and clouds on the blue part of the skies
-maybe some more that look SUPER PRETTY that i feel like im on another planet or i could touch the heavens! (maybe type on google images, beautiful skies, i mostly like at the dusks and dunes)
User avatar
mikey schmidt
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 April 2016, 01:00

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby GhostX5 » 7 December 2016, 07:20

mikey schmidt wrote:will the psi blades will be customizable at profile settings-character or the map maker decides?

(i would like to have it at profile settings though

to eric : MAKE MORE SKIES, these i would want in pb2.5
-orange horizon, purple above head, dark blue clouds
-red horizon, dark blue (not very dark) above head, darker blue clouds
-red with purple/blue clouds
-noticulent clouds, orange horizon, black above head, blue border in the middle of the horizon and above head
-purple horizon, blue above head and clouds on the blue part of the skies
-maybe some more that look SUPER PRETTY that i feel like im on another planet or i could touch the heavens! (maybe type on google images, beautiful skies, i mostly like at the dusks and dunes)
Well, that depends on what Eric would do to these. Problem is, he needs to know who owns those weather backgrounds, that'll make him do new ones.
User avatar
GhostX5
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 468
Joined: 26 July 2016, 07:15
Location: Moon

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 11 December 2016, 07:48

For multilayer in 2.5 instead of portnades he should add this gadget called a grapple. Stick a hook to the wall and you will soon get where you need to be.
User avatar
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Ghost [400]
 
Posts: 431
Joined: 3 June 2016, 00:35
Location: USA

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby crestfall69 » 11 December 2016, 11:08

A few suggestions:
Making PB2.5 downloadable would be nice. Or at least just the editor.
Maybe add a flashlight?
If one can recolor characters, can one recolor weapons?
And can the skin editor usable in singleplayer?
There's also a bug where allied NPC can't pickup team specific weapons.
Oh, maybe custom weapon names?
Custom team names?
Movable backgrounds will be revolutionary.
Modding weapons? Not the classic damage upgrade system, but like adding suppressor, extended mag, laser, bipod?
Disabling water breathing and using energy as oxygen. If one's energy is depleted, their health will go down in a percentage based terrifying rate before dying.
More vehicles? Troop transport?
Turrets?
Mines?

crestfall69
Recruit
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 27 October 2016, 09:52

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby mikey schmidt » 11 December 2016, 11:57

GhostX5 wrote:
mikey schmidt wrote:will the psi blades will be customizable at profile settings-character or the map maker decides?

(i would like to have it at profile settings though

to eric : MAKE MORE SKIES, these i would want in pb2.5
-orange horizon, purple above head, dark blue clouds
-red horizon, dark blue (not very dark) above head, darker blue clouds
-red with purple/blue clouds
-noticulent clouds, orange horizon, black above head, blue border in the middle of the horizon and above head
-purple horizon, blue above head and clouds on the blue part of the skies
-maybe some more that look SUPER PRETTY that i feel like im on another planet or i could touch the heavens! (maybe type on google images, beautiful skies, i mostly like at the dusks and dunes)
Well, that depends on what Eric would do to these. Problem is, he needs to know who owns those weather backgrounds, that'll make him do new ones.


thanks but the psi blades, is it customizable at account settings or map maker decides?
User avatar
mikey schmidt
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 April 2016, 01:00

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby tehswordninja » 11 December 2016, 17:25

mikey schmidt wrote:
GhostX5 wrote:
mikey schmidt wrote:will the psi blades will be customizable at profile settings-character or the map maker decides?

(i would like to have it at profile settings though

to eric : MAKE MORE SKIES, these i would want in pb2.5
-orange horizon, purple above head, dark blue clouds
-red horizon, dark blue (not very dark) above head, darker blue clouds
-red with purple/blue clouds
-noticulent clouds, orange horizon, black above head, blue border in the middle of the horizon and above head
-purple horizon, blue above head and clouds on the blue part of the skies
-maybe some more that look SUPER PRETTY that i feel like im on another planet or i could touch the heavens! (maybe type on google images, beautiful skies, i mostly like at the dusks and dunes)
Well, that depends on what Eric would do to these. Problem is, he needs to know who owns those weather backgrounds, that'll make him do new ones.


thanks but the psi blades, is it customizable at account settings or map maker decides?


I'm pretty sure both. We already know the skin editor will be a thing, and its implied it would be used in the level editor, but I see no reason for it not to be usable for profile characters as well.
User avatar
tehswordninja
Head Moderator
 
Posts: 706
Joined: 10 November 2013, 17:24
Location: Witty tagline

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 11 December 2016, 21:47

Ooh I got an idea instead of paying to by upgrades you should be able to unlock them as you complete missions.
User avatar
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Ghost [400]
 
Posts: 431
Joined: 3 June 2016, 00:35
Location: USA

PreviousNext

Return to PB2.5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



cron