Weird, Annoying, Etc. Glitch With Vehicles

Weird, Annoying, Etc. Glitch With Vehicles

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 14 July 2020, 22:53

As you might've guessed from the title:

There's this glitch that shows up from time to time on my maps where all the vehicles on screen get frozen in place, regardless of their model and current condition. This isn't a big problem with some vehicles (or "vehicles") like crates and Hound Walkers, but with others, like with drones, it's definitely irritating at the least, as you end up with a bunch of drones floating in the air, even after they have been destroyed. Needless to say, it kind of ruins that part of the level.
Here's some characteristics of the glitch:

Vehicles immobile, and do not get affected by physics (even when destroyed, as mentioned).
Glitch does not remain constant throughout the level. Vehicles at one point may be frozen and then completely normal later on in the map.
Does not affect anything else to do with the vehicle. No changes to hitbox, interaction with the vehicle, weapons, etc. Only movement of the vehicle is affected.

I have observed in the few instances of this glitch that parts of the level which are logistically complex (meaning you crammed a lot of logics objects there in the editor) are more likely to experience this bug. Another possibility is if the level is too long (although that may not be the case, as I have had long levels without this glitch). Another possible cause is if you simply just put too many objects in general down in the editor, which may sometimes be associated with having a long level.

Those are my observations, but they may or may not be consistent with other people's (considering that I believe that I am the only one reporting this glitch, so yeah).
If anyone has any idea as to how this glitch can be overcome or prevented, please reply!
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Weird, Annoying, Etc. Glitch With Vehicles

Postby nightmar » 15 July 2020, 00:54

Welcome to the club. Have you not seen any drones floating through walls yet?
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar

Re: Weird, Annoying, Etc. Glitch With Vehicles

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 15 July 2020, 02:35

Not yet. I'll stay frosty.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie

Return to Bug Reporting Archive