I need more optimization for my new map.

I need more optimization for my new map.

Postby Snar » 7 July 2020, 22:36

Hello, I am currently working on how to get more fps on my map and I tried removing walls and a few triggers but none seemed work my map is currently running from 20-30 fps I have compared my map to the other which gets around 30+ FPS. I need guide or tips how to make my map run smoother.

Snar

Re: I need more optimization for my new map.

Postby Nyove » 8 July 2020, 08:27

Factors that affect FPS in a map

- Entities (Players, amount of bullets presence in a given moment, particles (explosion and the trigger action that can spawn particle)
- Size of the entire map (affects map loading too)
- Object count (Select your entire map and look at the object count at the top right)
- Amount of triggers being executed at a given second (You may have a flaw in your trigger setup, perhaps you have a unnecessary infinite timer with a delay of 0 running.)
- No unnecessary engine marks like Enable Var Sync if you don't use it and level editor reporting once you finished your map.
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby nightmar » 9 July 2020, 16:23

A good way to reduce lag in a large map (I do not know anything about your map btw), is to bring different areas as close as possible. That way you can reduce lag be decreasing the overall map size.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 14 July 2020, 23:00

I just want to add that at 100% zoom, your character's view on-screen has a width of exactly 800, and a height of exactly 400. So if you want, you can make a region or something with those dimensions to measure the distances between areas of the map, helping you to keep certain areas out of sight at the shortest distance possible. If you turn on preview mode in the editor, you can actually see a transparent rectangle with these dimensions in the center of your screen.

Only applies for 100% zoom when in gameplay. You'll have to adjust for different zooms.

Also, if your map is taking forever to play through, then it may be time to split it up between multiple maps. Use the "Mission complete and switch to map with id 'A'" trigger action.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive