MAP UNAPPROVED[Removal Request] lpzimm-split

MAP UNAPPROVED[Removal Request] lpzimm-split

Postby lostmydollar » 29 November 2017, 15:40

[A]
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES
- I have confirmed that this map is currently approved: YES

[B]
- Map Name: Split
- Map ID: lpzimm-split
- Link to Map Page: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=lpzim ... &id=444022
- Link to Map Demo: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=lpzimm-split

[C]
- In a few words, why do you think this map should not be approved?: unfair, too open, spammy
- In detail, why should the map not be approved?: well it's obvious enough that this map is too open, too small and the set of rapid firing weapons makes this map not suitable for approval. also there are two camping spots at the top

lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Re: [Removal Request] lpzimm-split

Postby Ty Q » 29 November 2017, 16:23

lostmydollar wrote:[...] and the set of rapid firing weapons makes this map not suitable for approval.

I'm pretty sure there are approved maps with that weapon set, so that reason doesn't seem to make sense.

lostmydollar wrote:also there are two camping spots at the top

Even if someone does camp there, they can be taken out from underneath, diagonally, or straight across. Camping there is a tactic used at the risk of whoever chooses to do so and isn't a good idea nonetheless.

In my opinion, the map is fine. And seeing how it's very difficult to farm kills since you are liable to be killed by other players, it's a fair map and I disagree with it being unapproved.

Ty Q
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Stryde » 29 November 2017, 18:51

Ty Q wrote:Even if someone does camp there, they can be taken out from underneath, diagonally, or straight across. Camping there is a tactic used at the risk of whoever chooses to do so and isn't a good idea nonetheless.

In my opinion, the map is fine. And seeing how it's very difficult to farm kills since you are liable to be killed by other players, it's a fair map and I disagree with it being unapproved.

Actually, they can't take them out from underneath. There is only 1 gun on this map, the alien shotgun, that can penetrate the 3 pixel wall where players can camp at the top part of the map.

Since this map is open-sourced, I saved it and decided to test various aspects about it, specifically, this camping spot. It will definitely not be the first place you look when heading towards the middle of the map, as seen below

Not to mention, you must selfboost to get to this camping spot. All spots on approved maps should be accessible without selfboosting

Additionally, I am able to spray from this camp site into each spawn. You shouldn't be able to spray across half of the map and get kills.

The same thing can be illustrated from the lower layer of the map

I can also spray straight through both layers on the map from the camping spot at the top part of the map

The pusher in the middle of the map is also very weak. I cannot reach the second layer of the map from the middle without selfboosting.

This is how far I got after I jumped off the second layer on the right side, landed in the middle of the gravitator, and was ejected upwards. I didn't even get close to actually being able to get on the second layer of the other side.

Finally, why are some walls concrete, but others are black walls? It makes for a very weird ceiling and weird map overall

Stryde

Postby lpzimm » 9 December 2017, 20:35

Honestly, while I think some of your criticisms are well placed, it's obvious you haven't played the map in multiplayer. The camping spots haven't seen any success in my time playing it - the purpose of the pusher at the bottom is that you can jump up and kill anybody on the top, and with the hit handling it is fairly difficult to get killed at the speed required to get up to the top from the pusher. The 'camping spot' is otherwise to help players better moderate their jump speed and height by having a safer platform to jump onto. The high health also makes it difficult to get spray kills in application, although I believe it was reduced from 250. High health makes maps much more playable in open spaces. lpzimm-split2 is the better map, though.

The map is much to spammy though even if its an ineffective strategy, maybe I should re-do it.
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Tempus » 30 January 2019, 17:30

Map Unapproved. Reasons posted above by Stryde viewtopic.php?f=169&t=20423&p=200136#p188313
Tempus
Advisor

Return to Removal Requests Archive