{{NEEDS REWORK}}[Removal Request] skound-citadel

{{NEEDS REWORK}}[Removal Request] skound-citadel

Postby ConcentrationCz » 22 September 2018, 13:31

[A]
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES
- I have confirmed that this map is currently approved: YES

[B]
- Map Name: Citadel [MP]
- Map ID: skound-citadel
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=434387
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=skound-citadel

[C]
- In a few words, why do you think this map should not be approved?: EG, Outdated, unfair, map glitches present, etc

Outdated map, people barely play it , use of killing rays without damaging player, some walls are not properly overlapped.

- In detail, why should the map not be approved?: Outdated map, people barely play it , use of killing rays without damaging player, some walls are not properly overlapped.
- Any other comments:
ConcentrationCz
Recruit

Re: [Removal Request] skound-citadel

Postby wreak » 22 September 2018, 17:22

It needs some changes but I don't think it's enough to be removed from approval. It's something that I could fix in like 5 minutes and it would be set.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby phsc » 22 September 2018, 17:23

this map isnt that bad tho, a few edits can make it playable
the laser argument is pretty much not a problem too, its for the doors only
but yeah too low quality for todays standards, i think staff should allow some players to remake old maps that are bad today so they can update them, ex: realwar being changed to ditzys version because its way better
but then the conservativism of this community might not allow it or smth
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Rayie » 6 October 2018, 07:51

I made this map with my friend a long time ago on a joint account.

Outdated map

Yeah I agree, but I forgot the password for that account and if I remake it, it would probably have to be on this account and it would be much smaller than it is now.
people barely play it

I can see that, its not a well designed map if I'm being honest with myself.
use of killing rays without damaging player

Yeah the ones on the top are odd, I'm not sure why I put that there. The ones in the door are just for decoration but I can see how they look weird.
some walls are not properly overlapped.

I can disagree with that unless you show me some proof cause every map I make I always remember to properly overlap the walls so there's no clipping at all, and if any, its from a huge fall which you would die from anyways.

Bottom line is, it was a bad map made when a lot of bad approved maps were floating around and never got updated. If I have time I could make a new one but you're free to try and remake it. I don't need the map making points or whatever they're called now. Also I didn't realize it back then but door ladders are cancer and should never be used in any approved maps ever
DoomWrath wrote:I have a cat. It's quite a modern model, I think it's the compact version. Got it with the optional 1" paws, sun roof, and cruise control.
Rayie
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby ConcentrationCz » 6 October 2018, 14:33

http://prntscr.com/l2w23v
posted this bcus of forums stupid 30 character limit.
ConcentrationCz
Recruit

Postby Rayie » 6 October 2018, 18:22

ConcentrationCz wrote:http://prntscr.com/l2w23v
posted this bcus of forums stupid 30 character limit.

Oh yes, the one part no one will ever reach unless they self boosted on low physics, even then it would take a few tries

Resi wrote:
Rayie wrote:I made this map with my friend a long time ago on a joint account.

Skound's account was lost in the database crash anyway, the description is the only proof that says you worked in that map, you could ask Eric to send you it's source and explain the situation.

However account sharing is against the rules so you'll have to share the map source privately with whoever you're working with, or work alone.

Hmm, I'd rather not really waste the time, it would be easier to work off the map and figure out where the new walls would be. Its outdated, most approved maps only use walls, background, characters and guns, info markers and sometimes a few pushers. This map is really complex and it needs to be.. dumbed down I guess. Back then (I think) there was no rules about that and by the time there was the account wasn't used anymore but I don't really remember
DoomWrath wrote:I have a cat. It's quite a modern model, I think it's the compact version. Got it with the optional 1" paws, sun roof, and cruise control.
Rayie
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Removal Requests Archive