[EDIT REQUEST] xfrostbytex-snipezone

Approved Map Edit Requests

[EDIT REQUEST] xfrostbytex-snipezone

Postby CreeperHunter55 » 16 June 2020, 15:31

[A]
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting an Approved Map Edit Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Approved Map Edit Request rules: YES
- I have confirmed that this map is currently approved: YES

[B]
- Map Name: Mute Aero
- Map ID: xfrostbytex-snipezone
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=235377
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=x ... -snipezone

[C]
- Do you think this map need a minor edit, or a major overhaul?: minor
- In a few words, why is an edit required?: spam, farm, rank abuse
- In detail, what exactly is wrong with the map, and what exactly needs to be edited?: The size of this Approved map is very small for 8 players or 4 vs 4. There is no question about any tactics here, if you just respawn, shoot at a random place and get a free kill, and then you die in 5 seconds. Imagine if all 8 players will also spam the HE nades after each respawn.
For example, my approved creeperhunter55-idk (or nyove-ray) map is also small and also had a maximum of 8 players, but since it became possible to edit approved maps, I fixed that issue to 4 maximum players, so that there was no random spam and farm kills/deaths. After all, ranked does not involve such gameplay in its wise.
- Any other comments: Ranked abuse map

CreeperHunter55
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: [EDIT REQUEST] xfrostbytex-snipezone

Postby Build » 16 June 2020, 20:25

imo this doesn't have to be removed from approval

its just like stryde sniper map
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby Girl_Power » 16 June 2020, 22:33

Build wrote:imo this doesn't have to be removed from approval

its just like stryde sniper map

Read the title more carefully. It says [EDIT REQUEST].

I feel like this map could use a major overhaul. It looks outdated and I hardly believe anyone will play it as stryde-sniper is published as well.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Stryde » 17 June 2020, 00:53

Since you wanna use the same reason to validate editing Stryde-sniper as to edit XFrostByteX-snipezone without proposing any actual map changes:

You aren't proposing any direct change to the map, but a change to the number of people that can play the map at any given time. If you, or anyone else, actually still plays multiplayer, you would know that there is an option for selecting how many people can play in a game lobby. In case you haven't played multiplayer in a while, this is what it looks like (by the way, this feature has been here since before this map even came out):

Stryde

Postby phsc » 17 June 2020, 01:27

high effort posting boys

ok so, if you can easily get kills and quickly die, what is the problem? isnt skill what differenciates a good player and a bad player in this situation? you join get a gun and shoot or get shot, because you might also be the target of someone else who "shoots at a random place and gets a free kill", same for the nade spam, how is this used for some form of abuse if it is in a general way balanced? actually its the opposite since you lose the nades after a while, making mantaining a high kd in this map kinda hard

also the grenade spam thing is a tactic, as google defines it "an action or strategy carefully planned to achieve a specific end." which does apply, it also implies skill since some random new player prob wont think of that or execute that very well

the number of people does make this map a mess but i dont think that is a problem at all, it actually might be even more balanced in DM than having fewer players since it is very hard for you to survive long and get a ton of kills

(btw saying that what happens in stryde-sniper also happens in this map means u dont rly play it, it ends up being pretty different, mostly the part about the nades but since ur argument is the same i guess the same reply should be valid
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby CreeperHunter55 » 17 June 2020, 11:34

Spoiler: Show More
Stryde wrote:Since you wanna use the same reason to validate editing Stryde-sniper as to edit XFrostByteX-snipezone without proposing any actual map changes:

You aren't proposing any direct change to the map, but a change to the number of people that can play the map at any given time. If you, or anyone else, actually still plays multiplayer, you would know that there is an option for selecting how many people can play in a game lobby. In case you haven't played multiplayer in a while, this is what it looks like (by the way, this feature has been here since before this map even came out):

"Since you wanna use the same reason to validate editing Stryde-sniper as to edit XFrostByteX-snipezone without proposing any actual map changes" — What map, such and post. I don't see any other problems here, as long as it is similar to your Sniperwars map.
CreeperHunter55
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Approved Map Edit Requests