[APPROVAL REQUEST] lostmydollar-realrealwar

[APPROVAL REQUEST] lostmydollar-realrealwar

Postby lostmydollar » 16 November 2018, 19:10

[1]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[2]
- Map Name: Real Realwar
- Map ID: lostmydollar-realrealwar
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=915150
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=l ... ealrealwar

[3]
- Give a brief description of the map: A huge well detailed map with realistic structures for 16 players.
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: I've spent 3 whole days to create this. It looks good and it's pretty unique. It might be first of its kind to join the approved club and become revolutionary in ranked maps developing
- Any other comments: It contains over 2000 1000 elements(see UPD1), so let me know if the map feels laggy to you. Bullet life has been increased to help in sniping.

UPD1: had to decrease the amount of details to reduce the lag. amount of details reduced 2x times. uncut version can be played using this ID: lostmydollar-realrealwar_old

lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] lostmydollar-realrealwar

Postby ZapruderFilm » 17 November 2018, 13:06

I created a couple matches with this map after walking through on the demo.

Surprisingly, I didn't get much lag on either version of the map. (Tried old version as well)

So, the map is well made and very detailed, although, the map is massive. I like the easy shortcuts through floors for (somewhat) fast movement in the massive map. The fence decorations are nice looking, and between the building I've noticed that if you selfboost and jump there are elevated areas to land on without dying.

In DM, even with 5-6 players it can take minutes to get guns and encounter another player in the massive play area. Most players who joined the map played for a few minutes, died from fall damage without even encountering another player, and left.

I like the map. The problem with huge maps is that players aren't quickly captivated by action and tend to leave.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby lostmydollar » 17 November 2018, 13:22

ZapruderFilm wrote:I created a couple matches with this map after walking through on the demo.

Surprisingly, I didn't get much lag on either version of the map. (Tried old version as well)

So, the map is well made and very detailed, although, the map is massive. I like the easy shortcuts through floors for (somewhat) fast movement in the massive map. The fence decorations are nice looking, and between the building I've noticed that if you selfboost and jump there are elevated areas to land on without dying.

In DM, even with 5-6 players it can take minutes to get guns and encounter another player in the massive play area. Most players who joined the map played for a few minutes, died from fall damage without even encountering another player, and left.

I like the map. The problem with huge maps is that players aren't quickly captivated by action and tend to leave.

thanks for the review.

i would say this map "isn't for the majority". if you learn the map it will take you less than 10 seconds to find a gun (if you don't happen to get a gun upon respawn). afterall there is more than 100 guns on the map. just learn each of three locations - mall (left side), hotel (middle), police station (right side), and it'll become super easy to navigate

adding to the information above, this map is meant for huge battles between teams of 8 players each for coop mode mainly. i want to see matches filled with 16 players like in good old days of realwars. people who join and leave in DM - it's their problem if they don't want to spend a minute to learn the map. they can play stryde-sniper 24/7 instead. i'm pretty sure if the map gets approved the problem won't be considered really big as players from top100 who will play this map will learn the map and new players will do the same but it will take more time as they don't care about PP and stuff

i hope the size of the map won't be an obstacle for it's approval, because removing one of three main locations would ruin the whole concept of the map. pretty much everything on this map is "connected". i've spent over 24 hours creating this map. hope you understand
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 17 November 2018, 13:34

Lol that isn’t how it works. You need realwar (old one) to attract players to unranked, then have it get 16 players normally. Then your map gets either a large fraction of that or take all 16 players sometimes from realwar. impossible for your map to get 16 without it. 5 months and it will continue.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby lostmydollar » 26 November 2018, 19:28

map deleted. topic locked

lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Return to Approval Request Archive