[CANCELLED] blue---sp

[CANCELLED] blue---sp

Postby IcYeGodZ » 30 May 2018, 12:43

[A]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YESc
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[B]
- Map Name: ┤| Sniper Phase |├
- Map ID: blue---sp
- Link to Map Page: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=b ... &id=797552
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=blue---sp

[C]
- Give a brief description of the map: FINALLY a perfected sniper map with some similar railwars vibes. The backgrounds are not normal pb2 standards, more deigns and BADASS aesthetics!
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: Pretty much underrated, but it's decent, probably surpassing all other railwar maps design wise.
- Any other comments: nope

IcYeGodZ
Recruit

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] blue---sp

Postby Blue-- » 5 June 2018, 09:30

Im still wondering that this post still dont have a single reply :D
I would just be so glad if someone could give me finially a little review, so i could know what cons
this map have to make it better :P
Blue--
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 5 June 2018, 09:38

Blue-- wrote:Im still wondering that this post still dont have a single reply :D
I would just be so glad if someone could give me finially a little review, so i could know what cons
this map have to make it better :P

Hi, i'll play your map tomorrow and try and give a constructive review!
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Blue-- » 5 June 2018, 10:01

Okay cool thanks in advance c:
At least i get one review here ^^
Blue--
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Hikarikaze » 6 June 2018, 03:10

Aesthetics are cool and it looks different from EGRW-styled maps. Good enough for me.

I'll play your map next year and try and give a constructive review.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Blue-- » 6 June 2018, 08:42

Oh already next year ?
Wow this will be the fastest review i ever will get :D

And cool that you like the new style of this map, i always try to make something new ^^
Blue--
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby THE HACKER AYOUB » 6 June 2018, 13:21

An awesome map , on everything , design etc.........
It must be approved it will make players open minimumly 2 matches at a day and play with others , it will make players happy

THE HACKER AYOUB
Recruit

Postby Blue-- » 9 June 2018, 15:07

Thank you Ayoub ^^
Well i hope it gonna be approved, since i started this sniper project a long time ago.
And even if i updated this map already more than 6 or 7 times to make it be worth to be called a
"fair and ballanced map without any glitches" there could be still some issues around there.
Without any reviews, i cant do much more improvements on this map, since it looks already fine for me.
But the real problem is the inactivity, I dont know the opinions from other about this map,
wether its bad or good, since nobody seems to have any interest to give me a properly reply.
Blue--
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lostmydollar » 9 June 2018, 22:11

Judging by the picture because i cant play rn

-its symmetrical. Insta minus
-you can shoot across the whole map. Minus
-on top of the map there is a d*ck with four balls. D*ck. I mean minus
-background shades youve picked dont match each other. Big minus
-windows are too simple and ugly. Minus
-you spend hours to design every piece of the map but you cant pick anything better than a god damn laser to block the side paths. Really? Minus
-what are those gravitatos for? Cant you just make a normal stairs? You move really slow in them. It makes you an easy target when you try to go down. It also makes annoying sounds. Minus

what else uh. Its 2k18 and a map maker like you cannot come up with anything original rather than a piss background sniper map that represents some kind of a castle really bad. Come on. Actually whatever. Current community cannot see the difference between a golden nugget and a yellow painted rock so they will pretty much love this map as well as other maps i dont like

Dude, an advice. Dont rush with map making. Make one but good map instead of 10 bad ones. Take your time. Find inspiration or something. Gl

Edit. Oh right forgot the pluses.
+the atmosphere of the map. If thats the correct word. Almost every pixel of this map belongs to its place and there is nothing that really cuts my eyes. Its nice and clean everywhere. Its a good skill you have. You make overall look good BUT you dont pay attention to smaller details. Smaller details should be important to you as much as bigger ones if youre looking forward to reach perfection at some point of time
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Blue-- » 9 June 2018, 22:57

Honestly dollar boy,
if im asking for a real review, than i expect some structured information.
But if im honest with you, i cant take your review in any way serious.
Sorry to say it that way, i dont want to offend you or something like that, but i saw many post of you here in the forum
which are rude, have no real sense, are to childrish and are generelly embarrassing.

But lets give it a chance with your points :

1. "its symmetrical. Insta minus" -- Whats wrong about having symmetrical maps ?
2. "you can shoot across the whole map. Minus" -- As long you cant kill from spawn to spawn its all okay
since its a sniper map and not a minigun one my friend.
3. "on top of the map there is a d*ck with four balls. D*ck. I mean minus" -- sensless childrish comment.
4. "background shades youve picked dont match each other. Big minus" -- well other thinks they match fine.
5. "windows are too simple and ugly. Minus" -- Just because you dont like them, it dont means that other doesnt like them too.
6. "you spend hours to design every piece of the map but you cant pick anything better than a god damn laser to block the side paths. Really? Minus" -- I like it that way just like many others do it too.
7. "what are those gravitatos for? Cant you just make a normal stairs? You move really slow in them. It makes you an easy target when you try to go down. It also makes annoying sounds. Minus" -- I see you have not much expierence about rushing. Gravitors help you get much faster up, than to climb and beeing sniped.

Well 7 Points, but not a single one is in any way helpful or well structured.

And please listen now up.
Im speaking now for all members of this forum who had already expierence with you.
You were already so often in so many ways disrespectful and silly.
This is a forum, where you can discuss about certain topics in a serious way.
And if you cant be just like all other here, you shouldnt stay here any longer.

You telling me dont to rush a map ? guess what, this map is almost a half of a year old my friend.
And i strongley recommend you not to give any other map makers any advices any longer
because you have zero map editing experience and even less the skill to give a helpful and
structured review to someone.

And i really dont care about negative reviews, really not.
I would be even happy if someone would find some real issues which i couldnt find.
But i expect that they have atleast some real points or tips which can make maps indeed better.

I hope my words wasnt to hard for you, but i needed to tell you the truth.
Blue--
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lostmydollar » 9 June 2018, 23:28

Blue-- wrote:
Spoiler: Show More
Honestly dollar boy,
if im asking for a real review, than i expect some structured information.
But if im honest with you, i cant take your review in any way serious.
Sorry to say it that way, i dont want to offend you or something like that, but i saw many post of you here in the forum
which are rude, have no real sense, are to childrish and are generelly embarrassing.

But lets give it a chance with your points :

1. "its symmetrical. Insta minus" -- Whats wrong about having symmetrical maps ?
2. "you can shoot across the whole map. Minus" -- As long you cant kill from spawn to spawn its all okay
since its a sniper map and not a minigun one my friend.
3. "on top of the map there is a d*ck with four balls. D*ck. I mean minus" -- sensless childrish comment.
4. "background shades youve picked dont match each other. Big minus" -- well other thinks they match fine.
5. "windows are too simple and ugly. Minus" -- Just because you dont like them, it dont means that other doesnt like them too.
6. "you spend hours to design every piece of the map but you cant pick anything better than a god damn laser to block the side paths. Really? Minus" -- I like it that way just like many others do it too.
7. "what are those gravitatos for? Cant you just make a normal stairs? You move really slow in them. It makes you an easy target when you try to go down. It also makes annoying sounds. Minus" -- I see you have not much expierence about rushing. Gravitors help you get much faster up, than to climb and beeing sniped.

Well 7 Points, but not a single one is in any way helpful or well structured.

And please listen now up.
Im speaking now for all members of this forum who had already expierence with you.
You were already so often in so many ways disrespectful and silly.
This is a forum, where you can discuss about certain topics in a serious way.
And if you cant be just like all other here, you shouldnt stay here any longer.

You telling me dont to rush a map ? guess what, this map is almost a half of a year old my friend.
And i strongley recommend you not to give any other map makers any advices any longer
because you have zero map editing experience and even less the skill to give a helpful and
structured review to someone.

And i really dont care about negative reviews, really not.
I would be even happy if someone would find some real issues which i couldnt find.
But i expect that they have atleast some real points or tips which can make maps indeed better.

I hope my words wasnt to hard for you, but i needed to tell you the truth.

Oh my god you are completely right! Ive been a bad person all this time. From now on i will try to become a better person and hope god won't send me to hell after my death. Gosh how could i say all that shit about your map. I take my words back. Your map is so good that i cannot even say anything bad about it at all. I just watch at it with my eyes and my mouth wide open and thinking about how good of a map maker you are. I will never be able to reach your level. Please spit on me daddy. I can wash your boots if you want. Ill do whatever you want master. Because you are so wise and your words are so strong. They hit me really hard deep in my heart. But i can go through that. With your help. Please maybe i can do something for you to make you forgive me? PLEASE
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Blue-- » 10 June 2018, 09:37

Please stop beeing embarrassing.
I didnt told you that, you need to like my maps.
I just told you that your behavior is just like one from a 6 years old boy.

And i dont want to argue with you.
I want here to discuss about real map reviews, and if you dont are able to do this, than leave this topic.
Blue--
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lostmydollar » 10 June 2018, 13:05

Blue-- wrote:

I want here to discuss about real map reviews, and if you dont are able to do this, than leave this topic.

Oh im so so sorry for embarrassing you daddy. I LOVE your maps. Who told you i dont? They are amazing, wonderful and fantastic. Yes im totally a 6 year old boy. I will go to school next year. My first school yaaay. Yes, please lets not argue about your map. Like i said it is wonderful, 100% flawless. But you're right daddy. "I dont are able to discuss about real map reviews", like you said and it is true. Im simply bad at doing it. I should never ever criticize anyone's map because im too rude and im 6. Thanks for letting me know that. You opened my eyes. God bless you Blue!
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby tehswordninja » 10 June 2018, 15:15

lostmydollar wrote:
Blue-- wrote:

Oh im so so sorry for embarrassing you daddy. I LOVE your maps. Who told you i dont? They are amazing, wonderful and fantastic. Yes im totally a 6 year old boy. I will go to school next year. My first school yaaay. Yes, please lets not argue about your map. Like i said it is wonderful, 100% flawless. But you're right daddy. "I dont are able to discuss about real map reviews", like you said and it is true. Im simply bad at doing it. I should never ever criticize anyone's map because im too rude and im 6. Thanks for letting me know that. You opened my eyes. God bless you Blue!

Don't be a child. Warning issued.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Blue-- » 10 June 2018, 15:37

Finially its over with this discussion, now i can focus on this map here again.
But i still thank you for your review lostmydollar.
Well, does someone else here want to help me out ?
Do you mean its fine just like it is ? Or do you guys have any tips or recommendations ?
Blue--
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby DoomWrath » 10 June 2018, 18:39

I agree somewhat with Lostmydollar. I had a play around with the map and found it weirdly laggy for the size. Perhaps you simply have too many elements in the map?

Shooting across the whole map isn't great, because it's an easy way to get cheap kills. Symmetry is fine, but makes the map feel rushed especially with simple maps like this - which really exacerbates the problem that the map isn't particularly unique in how its played. It's yet another sniper map in which you spawn, instantly try to take the high ground, then leap/jump/boost back and forth across the top 10% of the map to get kills, while everyone below you gets hung up on the obstacles or falls into the bottom of the map.

The background is certainly interesting and I do quite like that. It's not insanely saturated like a lot of maps using colour alterations, but inverting the colour schemes between the two backgrounds is a little odd initially. Killing lasers at the top do their job, but really take away from the map. You spent two hours making the map, but only had 30 seconds to do the top corners?
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Blue-- » 10 June 2018, 18:55

Thats what i call a nice review ! Thanks :D

You say its to laggy ? :o Thats weird, i played it multiply times in multiplayer without any problems, but i guess
im gonna check it up. And maybe i could reduce the amout of the elements.

Hmm at this Point i think i need to make some rework, but thats now a chance for something new, i just read
your post about the modiefied approved maps and it gived me some new freedom to imporve maps.
I think im starting to remake this map now, to make it more unique.

Yea and i think youre right about the top corners, i guess i got now someting to do.

This was finially a nice and helpful review !
Can i send you a message when im finished with my rework at this, to check it one time more up ?

Oh and something off-topic im wondering.
- Is it allowed to modify the gun sounds in "Modified Gameplay" matches ?
- And what about the gravity ? allowed to chance it or not ?
Blue--
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby DoomWrath » 10 June 2018, 18:57

Gravity is legal to change in approved maps, and gun sounds can be changed if it makes sense. Don't make rifles sound like railguns, for example.

If you choose to rework the map, simply create a new approval request and lock this old one, I will have a look at it via the forums here.
DoomWrath

Postby Blue-- » 10 June 2018, 19:03

Okay good to know, and yea sure.
Thank you for taking time on this here c:

Alright than, could you please lock this topic for me ? Since i didnt posted the request, i cant close it actually.
Blue--
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby DoomWrath » 10 June 2018, 19:04

Blue-- wrote:Okay good to know, and yea sure.
Thank you for taking time on this here c:

Alright than, could you please lock this topic for me ? Since i didnt posted the request, i cant close it actually.

Done.
DoomWrath

Return to Approval Request Archive