[PLAYTEST] Development Multiplayer Levels

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

[PLAYTEST] Development Multiplayer Levels

Postby YensLe » 26 September 2020, 09:26

My discussion here is that currently there's no real way to properly playtest multiplayer maps in ALE in terms of this.

What this means is that you have to literally publish your multiplayer map which is unfinished and needs playtesting and in terms of this you have to then create a match and finally playtest it to see how it works and correctly.

What I'm saying here is that ALE's playtest option is worthless against multiplayer only trigger actions and the only way to playtest the multiplayer only trigger actions to see if they work correctly is what I have said above which takes time but is the solution which ends up leaving unfinished multiplayer maps being published earlier then they should be but I guess that's fine if the level developer owner is fine with it while it can still unpublish the map whenever they want to anyway and then publish it whenever they feel like it.

But again shouldn't the level developer owner of that map be able to create a match while the map is unpublished and still be able to use it while others can not in multiplayer?

But it would be nice if there was an actual feature that allows to playtest multiplayer levels similar to how you can playtest singleplayer levels in ALE.

Anyways I'm leaving this discussion, thanks.

YensLe
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: [PLAYTEST] Development Multiplayer Levels

Postby YensLe » 27 September 2020, 08:29

Feels like an unnecessary post, sorry for the inconvenience.

YensLe
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mrblake213 » 27 September 2020, 08:58

No worries, we appreciate any feedback or suggestion that you might have.

However, I think this is already possible with the "Open in Tester" feature in ALE which you can see on the top right.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 27 September 2020, 13:45

Yes, Blake, but that just opens the map in SP mode, and there is no way to test more intricate MP mechanics with that method. If you wanted to do that you would have to start an MP match with your unfinished map.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby nightmar » 28 September 2020, 10:39

I agree that testing MP mechanics is a real pain. We should have a way to test mp maps without all the process of having to start an actual mp map.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby YensLe » 29 September 2020, 09:47

Sorry it's just that I haven't been online for quite some time and it's quite unfortunate.

YensLe
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Nyove » 1 October 2020, 03:26

If this is going to be implemented, I hope we have the ability to play as a different slot of player.
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Return to Level Editor