Some variable/programming related suggestions

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Some variable/programming related suggestions

Postby phsc » 24 June 2020, 05:02

I have no idea of how Eric would add this, but I know that not having this makes making maps a pain in the ass at times:
-Control/Command+C and Control/Command+V working with variables, some option you can create or it just works with *, and that also properly working with objects, like not skipping from 5 to 7 or something like that, I really wonder how that ends up happening.
-Arrays, I have no idea of how to add this other than having a way to read trigger functions with more values, like B being two values separated by something, create Array A with size B (rows, columns), so you can put like 3,4 and it would generate a 3,4 array, and a ton of trigger functions related to it.
-Specific arrays for positioning, just some 2 by 1 or 1 by 2 array that saves both the X and Y position of something from the level editor and you can set it again with specific variable actions that work with this, just to make life much easier in some cases.
-Being able to create objects (with objects I mean doors, regions, other things), and variable functions related to that), what I mean with that is, create region at position B with name of variable A, and also work with the , for multiple values, or maybe / or something like that, and also triggers, as much as it would be extremely annoying to edit by the typical level editor, the edit per text thing could allow it to be viable I believe.
-Functions, procedures, etc, pretty much other programming things that PB2 does not have, the reason why is so many annoying processes can be automated.
-Objects, pretty much turning the PB2 level editor into Object Oriented Programming or something like that, which I think is impossible for PB2 but PB2.5/3/4/something? please?

(im making this post because i wanted to make chess in pb2 but then i realized it would take ages to finish it and a ton of manual work that makes it extremely boring and i would still like to finish it)
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Re: Some variable/programming related suggestions

Postby Girl_Power » 24 June 2020, 09:46

Jesus man. I know nothing about variables and programming stuff let alone trying to make chess in PB2 XD. I could only imagine the time and effort someone put in if they were to actually make a chess level in PB2.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby phsc » 24 June 2020, 09:52

Girl_Power wrote:Jesus man. I know nothing about variables and programming stuff let alone trying to make chess in PB2 XD. I could only imagine the time and effort someone put in if they were to actually make a chess level in PB2.

I actually am capable of making it the problem is that it would take EXTREMELY long, and mostly because of manual stuff like changing variable names, reaching levels like around 2000 triggers all of which have to be configured manually and mistakes will break everything, it's boring and annoying, but possible.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby mingo1 » 24 June 2020, 20:37

The first one appeals to me the most, would definitely love to just copy and paste things like variables. You know though, I'm not gonna lie, while these would all make things more efficient, I love the process of mapmaking - the time it takes. I feel like the more time you spend on something, the more satisfying you feel after it's done. Like "damn, that took me a while! and it works perfectly!"

Best of luck on your chess map if you pursue it
mingo1
Administrator

Postby yi en » 4 July 2020, 08:29

let me add another idea: support regex format.
Maybe some people will wondering "why". That's because regex can help me select the specific amount of wanted actions easier, such as adding 1 to variable name which is capitalized, and it saves a lot of time to deal with that.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Nyove » 4 July 2020, 08:36

Eric Gurt already stated that programming will be supported for map making in PB2.5
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Return to Level Editor