A New HP element in the game

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

A New HP element in the game

Postby Stamtish » 21 December 2019, 14:06

So i was thinking if there was a new HP type for entities in the game. Other than setting some "actor"s health point, you could set his uhh, Attack Points maybe?

It basically works like this : Attacks or Projectiles Required for an Entity to be killed.

If you shoot a level 3 CS - BNG at some entity with 500 HP the entity would die at 1 shot.

But if the entities Attack point was set to for example 5, No matter how weak or strong the Projectile or the attack is, It would cost him 1 attack point. making weapons with faster fire rate more effective against them.

now in my opinion, the one Entity's Attack point will be damaged if it is hit Directly by some other Player or actor only. Or make that an option so they would be immune to explosive barrels, fall damage, maybe even Push areas, and explosive barrels pieces that fly and damage people and vehicle collision damage.
Thank you for reading this.
Stamtish
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: A New HP element in the game

Postby Eric Gurt » 23 December 2019, 00:00

I believe it will be possible in next release of game, though I'm wondering what it can be used for.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Stamtish » 24 December 2019, 14:00

Eric Gurt wrote:I believe it will be possible in next release of game, though I'm wondering what it can be used for.

Well, It can be good hp modifier for vehicles or heavy armored units. you can also add a damage threshold. by that I mean For example :

Actor #1 has 5 attack points, with damage threshold of 300.

a Cs-pro pistol can't deal damage per shot, so it won't be able to damage the unit at all.

a Cs-BNG can deal damage more than 300 per shot, which will damage the target and cost him 1 attack point.

It can be used for like, Machines and stuff. maybe boss battles? a challenge where you have to focus to deal damage with a high cooldown gun inorder to defeat him while maintaining distance and taking cover and surviving. it also can be a real fun challenge at Multiplayer matches, since it changes how survival works.
Stamtish
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mrblake213 » 26 December 2019, 08:59

Does this work like Armor on where the % of the damage would be reduced.
Or maybe like another health bar similar to Dark Souls' bosses.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Stamtish » 26 December 2019, 11:36

mrblake213 wrote:Does this work like Armor on where the % of the damage would be reduced.
Or maybe like another health bar similar to Dark Souls' bosses.

Well I was actually thinking of Both. It could.

We can also Just use the health threshold Option because that would be a cool mechanic.
Keep your Friends close, But Keep your Enemies closer... -Blade
Stamtish
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Level Editor