What I Discovered About a Gun's Damage Multiplier

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

What I Discovered About a Gun's Damage Multiplier

Postby Fan Fan1 » 2 September 2019, 01:54

1. A gun will deal the most damage (from greatest to least) in the following limb order:
Spoiler: Show More
Head: x2.75 damage
Legs: x1.5 damage
Body: x1.25 damage
Arms: x1 damage (base damage)

This is also true for sword's damage

2. In multiplayer, every gun will be forced to have an upgrade level of 3 regardless of the upgrade level you enter because level 3 is the default/base level.

3. A gun's upgrade level cannot be greater than 3, nor can it be less than 0. Putting in these invalid values will force the gun's level to its default level of 3.

4. For each upgrade level decrease from 3, the singleplayer damage output by the gun decreases by 10% from the default value:
Level 0: x0.7 damage
Level 1: x0.8 damage
Level 2: x0.9 damage
Level 3: x1 damage

All of these facts were found with the Assault Rifle C-01r and the Pistol C-01r. I'm not going to test each gun, but perhaps we can ask Eric Gurt if he designed all guns this way, and maybe provide a spreadsheet of each gun's base damage (Level 3 upgrade, arms).

Using this information as a basis for my Trigger Action ideas, I would like to request to following Trigger Actions:
1. Gameplay > Set damage multiplier received on a head to value 'A'
2. Gameplay > Set damage multiplier received on legs to value 'A'
3. Gameplay > Set damage multiplier received on a body to value 'A'
4. Gameplay > Set damage multiplier received on arms to value 'A'

As for Engine Marks:
1. Allow gun upgrade levels in multiplayer
2. Unlock gun upgrade level limit (This will require changes to gun parameters so the upgrade level can accept integers. Negative values will continue decreasing the gun's damage output by 10% of the base upgrade level value until it does no damage. For upgrade levels greater than 3, the damage output will continue increasing by 10% of the base upgrade level value)
Fan Fan1
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: What I Discovered About a Gun's Damage Multiplier

Postby unknown 1 » 3 September 2019, 14:59

I can give you all the multiplayer damage values for all guns if you want, firerates too. What's the point of more ugrade levels if you can just use gun triggers? Your damage multipliers are correct btw

unknown 1
Recruit

Postby nightmar » 3 September 2019, 21:41

Are you sure body damage is higher than arms damage? When I was testing guns at darkstar 1-range I noticed that arms take more damage than legs and even more damage than body.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby unknown 1 » 4 September 2019, 07:05

Yes, guns to arms deal the least amount of damage. Next is the torso (body), then legs and then the most damage -to the head. What most likely happened to you was that it was either laggy and actually hit some other body part (head), but looked like it hit the body. The head hitbox is actually quite larger than the head itself appears.

unknown 1
Recruit

Postby Fan Fan1 » 4 September 2019, 20:51

unknown 1 wrote:I can give you all the multiplayer damage values for all guns if you want, firerates too.

That would actually be very helpful, thank you so much!

unknown 1 wrote:What's the point of more ugrade levels if you can just use gun triggers?

I actually forgot about that. My apologies.
Fan Fan1
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby unknown 1 » 5 September 2019, 17:54

Ok, so the way damage is calculated in pb2 for bullet and rail weapons is power x20 (arms) x25 (body) x30 (legs) x55 (head) (result rounded down); for rocket and grenade weapons it is the same but the explosion will do additional damage anywhere from 0 to power x40 (it's seemingly random). Where the projectile hits won't affect explosion damage, only base projectile damage). The plasmagun has the same thing, but max explosion damage is power x35. BNG has max explosion damage of power x35 but also deals constant damage around the projectile at power x15 per second. Below are the power values and firerates of all aproved map guns:
SLOT 1: c-01p: 1.3 power and 4.3 shots/sec; alien pistol: 0.6 power and 3.75 shots/sec; cs-pro: 1.1 power and 3.3 shots/sec; qccv: 0.4 power and 15 shots/sec; crossfire (the slot 1 one): 0.5 power and 15 shots/sec; falkok pistol: 1.9 power and 2 shots/sec;
SLOT 2: c-01r: 0.7 power and 10 shots/sec; alien rifle: 1.3 power and 3 shots/sec; minigun: 1 power and 10 shots/sec; cs-rc: 0.9 power and 7.5 shots/sec; ray rifle: 0.9 power and 10 shots/sec; cs-oicw: 1.15 power and 5.1 shots/sec (well the burst is 3 bullets at 15 bullets/sec, but it has a cooldown of around 0.46 seconds, making the overall firerate, including the cooldown 5.1 shots/sec); phanx 92: 1.1 power and 5 shots/sec; crossfire (the slot 2 one): 1.1 power and 6 shots/sec; av 135: 1.075 power and 7.5 shots/sec; civil protector rifle: 0.7 power and 10 shots/sec;
SLOT 3: cs-daz: 0.9 power (x4) and 1.7 shots/sec; c-01s: 1.1 power (x3) and 1.7 shots/sec; alien shotgun: power 1 (x2) and 3 shots/sec; falkok shotgun: 0.4 power (x6) and 1.7 shots/sec (it has a weird firerate where it combines a burst and a multishot making it very hard to describe, so I counted the whole burst as just a single shot of 6 projectiles);
SLOT 4: heavy railgun: 8 power and 0.4 shots/sec; lite railgun: 4 power and 0.9 shots/sec; sniper: 5 power and 0.5 shots/sec; needle: 1.6 power and 2.73 shots/sec; alien sniper: 6 power and 0.5 shots/sec; falkok marksman rifle: 2.9 power and 1.5 shots/sec; energy rifle: 3 power and 1.1 shots/sec; gauss rifle: 8 power and 0.4 shots/sec;
SLOT 5: rocket launcher: 2.5 power and 1.1 shots/sec; grenade launcher: 1.6 power and 0.75 shots/sec; rpg: 3.4 power and 0.6 shots/sec; falkok grenade launcher: 0.8 power (x3) and 0.9 shots/sec;
SLOT 7: bng: power 4 and 0.5 shots/sec;
SLOT 8: plasmagun: power 1.4 and 6 shots/sec; heater: 0.1 power and 15 shots/sec (fires 30 shots/sec for 2 seconds, than has a cooldown for 2 seconds); heater 2: 0.135 power and 15 shots/sec (same firing system as heater);
SLOT 9: ray gun 3 power (x2) and 0.6 shots/sec;
Test weapons, vehicle weapons, items who mainly are not used as weapons, the drone gun, reskins (like lmg-c01, the pixel guns and rmk 36) are not included. Drone gun isn't included because it is not allowed in aproved maps. I might have forgotten some weapons.

unknown 1
Recruit

Postby Fan Fan1 » 9 September 2019, 03:31

Thank you, unknown 1! This will be really helpful for making maps!
Fan Fan1
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Level Editor