Trigger actions regarding AI

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Trigger actions regarding AI

Postby mrnat444 » 7 January 2019, 05:32

I find singleplayer maps much more satisfactory to create, but some singleplayer concepts can be crippled by PB2's "limited" AI. You can create your own AI with the current trigger actions available, but this becomes inefficient when working with a large number of enemies, and impossible when using clones.

Basically, these actions would (theoretically) allow you to create an AI that can be applied to any character, allowing for greater possibilities.

Since these actions exist, my idea is that the two could be combined.

Region > Set horizontal movement of characters located in region 'A' to value 'B' (0, -1 or 1)
Region > Set vertical movement of characters located in region 'A' to value 'B' (0, -1 or 1)
Region > Set shoot action of characters located in region 'A' to value 'B' (0 or 1)
Region > Force characters located in region 'A' to look at random point in region 'B'
Region > Set "AI Behavior" parameter of characters located in region 'A' to value 'B'
Region > Move characters located in region 'A' to region 'B'
Region > Force characters located in region 'A' to drop all weapons

the fancy trigger imitation is unnecessary but i wanted to do it

This concept could also extend to most other character actions, but I'm specifically interested in these because they would improve our options with AI and singleplayer maps.
mrnat444
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Trigger actions regarding AI

Postby ditzy » 7 January 2019, 23:54

I totally support this.

Would be cool if mapmakers started making custom AI and open sourced them for everyone to use.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby phsc » 7 January 2019, 23:58

literally is there any suggestions that are about adding trigger actions that is negative?

the only thing id like more about this is making specific teams do something, like, not only characters from a specific region but like lets say, all players from team alpha do something etc, it would make some really interesting fights
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby mrnat444 » 8 January 2019, 20:54

phsc wrote:literally is there any suggestions that are about adding trigger actions that is negative?

the only thing id like more about this is making specific teams do something, like, not only characters from a specific region but like lets say, all players from team alpha do something etc, it would make some really interesting fights

I agree, though the idea behind these actions is that since similar ones exist, it would hopefully not be too time-consuming to implement because it's a combination of two already-existing aspects of specific trigger actions.
mrnat444
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Level Editor