disable base game music and play audio from youtube link

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

disable base game music and play audio from youtube link

Postby Moonhawk » 4 February 2018, 20:41

two suggestions for triggers

1. disable base game music. this disables 'erges' even if the music is on in settings.

2. play audio from youtube url. this could be possible with the youtube api, and could let people create custom weapon sounds, voice lines (tts isnt the best) or just have a different soundtrack for their maps. would probably be better for sp maps, but it could still be used for some mp maps.
Moonhawk
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: disable base game music and play audio from youtube link

Postby Imran 1 » 4 February 2018, 20:45

Hell yeah that sounds good. These triggers have to be added!!!
Discord: Yato#1991
Imran 1
Recruit

Postby Cemetery John » 5 February 2018, 07:06

I have to agree with Imran on this. It would be a godsend to allow the playing of videos in-game if you wanted to make cutscenes for campaigns or have some unique soundtrack playing.

You could even have some live actors introduce the level if you wanted to get creative.

Cemetery John
Recruit

Postby GiraRay » 5 February 2018, 09:06

I love the idea, but custom sounds has been discussed a lot before, and it could ultimately be abused by using inappropriate content.
http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=giraray-riddle1&id=826345
GiraRay
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Moonhawk » 5 February 2018, 16:45

GiraRay wrote:I love the idea, but custom sounds has been discussed a lot before, and it could ultimately be abused by using inappropriate content.

anything can be abused by anyone.

someone could abuse chat messages (triggers and typing) to insult a particular user.

someone could abuse custom background colors to make a "realistic" sexual themed map (this was done recently)

possibility of abuse isn't really a good reason to dismiss something.
Moonhawk
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby GiraRay » 5 February 2018, 18:08

Moonhawk wrote:
GiraRay wrote:I love the idea, but custom sounds has been discussed a lot before, and it could ultimately be abused by using inappropriate content.

anything can be abused by anyone.

someone could abuse chat messages (triggers and typing) to insult a particular user.

someone could abuse custom background colors to make a "realistic" sexual themed map (this was done recently)

possibility of abuse isn't really a good reason to dismiss something.

The difference between those things that you listed is that sound much more graphic and realistic, and therefore, significantly more and disturbing. Another issue is that it would be a lot easier to use this trigger as opposed to making sexual/graphic images and what not with normal ALE elements meaning that a lot more people would inevitably abuse it, and to a large extent, especially when compared to how it is without it.

Let's not forget about earrape...
http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=giraray-riddle1&id=826345
GiraRay
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lostmydollar » 5 February 2018, 20:36

youtube doesn't have any inappropriate content, does it?
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Cemetery John » 6 February 2018, 05:04

lostmydollar wrote:

youtube doesn't have any inappropriate content, does it?

YouTube is far from perfect. You could easily create a video with a voice message saying something like "I fornicated with PlayerX's mother", and it wouldn't get picked up by the YouTube automatic flagging system, but it would still break PB2's rules.

It's highly unlikely the content could be anywhere near offensive or graphic enough to be a good enough reason not to implement this idea though.
画像が微妙に合っていると思うのは自分だけ

Cemetery John
Recruit

Return to Level Editor