Grouping movables & regions

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Do you think this idea is helpful?

I think this idea will be very helpful for mapmakers to save more precious time.
41%
I think this idea will be very helpful for mapmakers to save more precious time.
41%
No, this is just a waste of code suggested for lazy mapmakers.
5%
No, this is just a waste of code suggested for lazy mapmakers.
5%
I have mixed feelings about this idea, I'm neutral about it.
5%
I have mixed feelings about this idea, I'm neutral about it.
5%

Total votes : 22

Grouping movables & regions

Postby thetoppestkek » 28 September 2016, 19:12

I believe this has been suggested before.

Grouping doors
This feature will allow you to place selected movables into a group, so all the movables will be linked as one (if one movable of the group is linked to a trigger, the group itself is linked to said trigger, if a movable of the group moves, it will move the entire group with it). Grouped movables will only be able to be moved to grouped regions. Grouping will be a tickbox when you select two or more movables (Shortcut for movable and region grouping is pressing G while selecting multiple movables or regions, ungrouping is U). Grouped movables will only be able to move to grouped regions (see below).

Grouping regions
Similar to the movable grouping, this will allow you to place selected regions into a group, so all the regions will be linked as one (share same trigger to initiate, share same activation initiator). Behaving similarly like grouped movables, if a region is moved, the entire group moves with it. Only grouped movables will be able to initiate grouped region actions. If a grouped region is set to initiate with a USE panel, the biggest region inside the group will have the USE panel on it. Grouping will be a tickbox when you select two or more movables (Shortcut for region and movable grouping is pressing G while selecting multiple regions or movables, ungrouping is U).

I feel like this would be way more convenient for mapmakers who make custom vehicles using colored doors and shit rather than just wasting minutes of your life setting movables and regions one by one.
thetoppestkek
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Grouping movables & regions

Postby LazyRain » 28 September 2016, 19:45

I suggest to make grouping for other objects too. And maybe make grouping for different-types objects. I think for some cases it will be helpful.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: Grouping movables & regions

Postby Starwars7 » 29 June 2017, 14:16

Yes! My "The Island" map would have been much easier to make that way. Not to mention, anyone making a vehicle out of movables, or even just an elevator, would not have to make a region for every single movable.
Ever had one of those days where everyone you meet in ranked likes you?

Yeah, me neither.

Starwars7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Level Editor