Couple trigger ideas

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Couple trigger ideas

Postby tehswordninja » 9 August 2016, 18:50

My issue I've had with the level editor as of late is the lack of triggers that are not character/player specific.

For example, I am trying to make a class map, where each class has different amounts of health, speed, etc, but I cannot do this because there are no triggers that would allow this to happen.

Change hitpoints of all characters in region 'A' to value 'B' (WoAhZ's idea)

Change speed of all characters in region 'A' to value 'B' (not sure if this is already in)

Change armor type of all characters in region 'A' to value 'B'

Change nickname of all characters- This could go on for quite a while.

My suggestion is for every Character trigger in the level editor (or at least most), having a generic 'all characters in region' version would be extremely helpful.

I'm suggesting this actually for PB2, but I'm not sure if PB2 will be worked on anymore.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Re: Couple trigger ideas

Postby Terror Only » 9 August 2016, 19:16

maybe this is useless information, but i've seen one base map a year or more ago. the trigger system used there could allow you to switch the team and hitpoints of the player if he is standing in specific region.

what you're suggesting is possible to do with current triggers but unfotunately i don't have the technique to share with you
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Re: Couple trigger ideas

Postby tehswordninja » 9 August 2016, 19:59

Terror Only wrote:maybe this is useless information, but i've seen one base map a year or more ago. the trigger system used there could allow you to switch the team and hitpoints of the player if he is standing in specific region.

what you're suggesting is possible to do with current triggers but unfotunately i don't have the technique to share with you

Yes, it is possible, but you must make the system for every player. This would allow you to only make one system for multiple players
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Return to Level Editor