Multi-coloured things.

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Multi-coloured things.

Postby LazyRain » 28 December 2015, 20:21

We already have custom movable and water colors. And I think everybody saw Eric Gurt's twit about custom lamp colors. But how about other things?

1) Lasers. It will be cool.
2) Grass. It green even under snow.
3) Barrels. Maybe? Or its another story...
4) Explosions. Green, like BNG, or violet?
5) Teleports. They have glow part. Why to not recolor it?
6) Water. Yes, we have this. But we can't recolour ten certain water regions in different colors.
7) Backgrounds. It would be good to have one changeable background instead of just four different colors.
8) Shadows. It's for other things: stones, walls, backgrounds with not-continuous texture. For example you want red stone instead of grey. Or wall. Or tile in base.

Concerning the last someone will say: "But you can simply make fake water over the wall or background and change its color". That's right, but water's color cover every object in water area. Also u can’t make more than one color (or two?) using this trick.

Hmmm...seems wrote everything I wanted.
Spoiler: Show More
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: Multi-coloured things.

Postby guest-electric fish » 28 December 2015, 20:40

i agree with your ideas +2
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby assasinguy » 29 December 2015, 01:21

Yes please, I'd love to be able to colour everything in a map, I'd create the most ridiculous messes ... Seriously though, this opens up a whole new set of possibilities for decoration in mapmaking and I think some of the more creative mapmakers would create stuff which looks more like art than a map. I'm all for this +1
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Thundrex » 29 December 2015, 04:36

I agree with these ideas.
Like Minecraft?

Well join Apocalypse.red! It's a fantastic, small server. It's quite inactive but that's why we need you!
Thundrex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Level Editor