(Default) Gameplay balance and suggestions.

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

(Default) Gameplay balance and suggestions.

Postby alj99 » 21 August 2022, 05:50

Could'a use this thread to talk about general gameplay of pb3.
How you want it to be or smth.

Mainly these three topics, they go hand in hand:
Gameplay mechanics.
Weapon balance.
Status ailments.

-

Kinda wanna talk about toxic mechanic here. The way it's applied rn feels pretty wrong like in a limbo or something.
EOS and viper weapons if they were to deal any more damage, the toxic wouldn't be important at all.
But at the same time, the toxic itself just drags out the dying process (in head shots compared to a falkonian marksman for EOS, viper sucks).

They definitely do something unique though; it's the fact that they prevent regen, and that they prolongue dying state (if they survive).

Depending on what sort of health system pb3 will have (either a regenerative pb2 or a solid health like pb1) it affects the toxic ailment quite a lot as a weapon.

I'd probably like to have the toxic effect dragged out for longer, right now, you can't take much of an advantage over it.

Another thing is cause a dying state much earlier at 50 hp or smth.

-

Another one in gameplay is i feel like i'd want a slightly bigger fov.

And along with that, adjust gun accuracy to be useful for further ranges.
Last edited by Lance Ryder Wilson on 1 September 2022, 03:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged 3 posts. :P
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: (Default) Gameplay balance and suggestions.

Postby Nozzle » 21 August 2022, 17:22

yeah, i like this actually
We do a little waiting for pb2.5/3.

Nozzle
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby alj99 » 23 August 2022, 12:53

Paralysis effect:

A long lasting effect.
Something to differentiate itself from the more harsh freezing effect is that the paralysis effect works in pulses. Stunning the player and downing them at a constant time in pulses.
Could be 5 at a time. 1 second is too harsh to be remotely manage-able.

The paralysis effect itself could be a stun of half a second, less or something else; enough to down a player each time.
Hello.
alj99

Postby Nozzle » 23 August 2022, 13:10

alj99 wrote:Paralysis effect:

A long lasting effect.
Something to differentiate itself from the more harsh freezing effect is that the paralysis effect works in pulses. Stunning the player and downing them at a constant time in pulses.
Could be 5 at a time. 1 second is too harsh to be remotely manage-able.

The paralysis effect itself could be a stun of half a second, less or something else; enough to down a player each time.

idk, but sounds cool
We do a little waiting for pb2.5/3.

Nozzle

Postby yi en » 23 August 2022, 18:21

imo toxic effects could easily debuffed by adding additional functions:
When player defib himself the toxic effect will be negated.

Most of the time we used those toxic weapons (I mean, literally gives player poison effect) just to messing the player's tempo, not really used for killing people (as they would become OP on this 1 shot 1 die situation).

Besides that, gonna love to see if eric is able to implement optional gameplay mechanics which is when a player is killed, he is down into "dying state" instead just dead body ragdolls (and you had to kill him again to confirm dead or let him bleeding out -> at that moment the dying state player can't defib himself), so for the battle royale series it would operates well (I guess?)
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby alj99 » 24 August 2022, 06:44

Recon there could be another 6 slot for:
Removing ailments.
Adding buffs. (Like more movement speed and maybe something like ammo packs?)

Idk might be usable.

yi en wrote:Most of the time we used those toxic weapons (I mean, literally gives player poison effect) just to messing the player's tempo, not really used for killing people (as they would become OP on this 1 shot 1 die situation).

You can't do combo-shooting in pb3 as there's an actual animation when switching weapons now. Can't switch between AR to EOS effectively. You could start with EOS then switch to main but the animation still hurts anyways.

Could probably use some buff to the length of the poison effect while keeping the total damage of the length the same (meaning, they do less dmg per tick).
Last edited by Lance Ryder Wilson on 1 September 2022, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged two posts. :P
Hello.
alj99

Postby yi en » 25 August 2022, 12:35

alj99 wrote:You can't do combo-shooting in pb3 as there's an actual animation when switching weapons now. Can't switch between AR to EOS effectively. You could start with EOS then switch to main but the animation still hurts anyways.

Let's say, if one day PB3 is coming out, I am sure that players will find an exploit which can skip switching weapon animations. mark my words :3

side note: it could be nerfed the defib too as player had to waste time to switch weapons to defibs which kinda useless when we need rapid emergency healing, so probably we would see more people went on banzai and either the enemy is dead or himself without taking care of using defibs.

alj99 wrote:Could probably use some buff to the length of the poison effect while keeping the total damage of the length the same (meaning, they do less dmg per tick).

probably good idea, which can makes player slightly advantgable onto compensating switching weapons to defib, press once, and switch back to weapons. Not sure how long the weapon animation goes, but that's the thing which eric has to headache with.

In defend, the attackers can switch back to main weapon meanwhile the victim had to spend twice of weapon switching time in order to negate the poison status, still seems OP onto toxic weapons but my recon is just nerfed the overpowered side of how toxic works, thus making the weapons much balancable.

Alternately, the simplest method of prevent the such gameplay is removing those toxic guns onto approved maps. But uhh, personally I would love to see the tactic if people using molotovs, or those toxic guns into ranked matches to see the new strats (but not that OP that if I got the gun I can considered myself win situation).
yi en

Postby alj99 » 25 August 2022, 12:38

yi en wrote:
alj99 wrote:Alternately, the simplest method of prevent the such gameplay is removing those toxic guns onto approved maps. But uhh, personally I would love to see the tactic if people using molotovs, or those toxic guns into ranked matches to see the new strats (but not that OP that if I got the gun I can considered myself win situation).

Molotovs are a pretty unique class of nade to add the arsenal. :0
Could make a separate thread about suggesting new nades or smth.
Hello.
alj99

Postby yi en » 25 August 2022, 12:42

alj99 wrote:Molotovs are a pretty unique class of nade to add the arsenal. :0
Could make a separate thread about suggesting new nades or smth.

I brought out molotovs just because the mechanism of how a molotov works is similar as toxic weapons, no worries XD
yi en

Postby ziomke » 26 August 2022, 12:39

yi en wrote:
alj99 wrote:Alternately, the simplest method of prevent the such gameplay is removing those toxic guns onto approved maps. But uhh, personally I would love to see the tactic if people using molotovs, or those toxic guns into ranked matches to see the new strats (but not that OP that if I got the gun I can considered myself win situation).

Ah yes, molotovs would be perfect for a game set in far future.

http://plazmaburst2.com/images/professor.png
ziomke

Postby alj99 » 28 August 2022, 05:22

ziomke wrote:
yi en wrote:

Ah yes, molotovs would be perfect for a game set in far future.

I agree, 10/10.
Hello.
alj99

Postby alj99 » 7 September 2022, 12:18

This is a pretty drastic weapon balance idea.

What if guns are lethal? I mean all guns deal more dmg that a burst of ar can usually kill, shotguns can 1 shot, etc.

Idk this randomly came to me after hearing a bare few ppl hating 1 shot weaps like sniper rifle.
Hello.
alj99

Return to Feedback and Insights