Turrets/Mounted Guns

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Turrets/Mounted Guns

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 10 June 2020, 01:09

Basically, a new vehicle in PB2.5. I know you can already create turrets with triggers in PB2, but those are automated, and you can't take control of one unless you switch over to the turret character.
How it would work is it's a stationary vehicle. You put it down (in the level editor), and it won't move. What I have in mind is something like this:

When you "enter" the turret, your character switches to their slot 0 (to free up their hands to man the gun), and you take control of whatever gun is attached to the turret. The turret can be given any one weapon, regardless of whether or not it's a weapon for vehicles or for characters, and use it until they decide to get off the turret. Because it is a mounted gun, the character controlling it can be killed. When the turret is destroyed, it will drop the gun. All characters can use the turret regardless of the team(s) the gun is allowed for, but when it is dropped, only the allowed teams can then pick it up. For example, if a gun on the turret is allowed for only Civil Security team, all characters can still use the turret, but when the turret is destroyed and the gun falls off, only characters on team CS can pick it back up.
Anyways, this is just an outline of what I want this thing to be, but obviously it may have to be modified so that it can be implemented into the game.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Turrets/Mounted Guns

Postby wolf653 » 10 June 2020, 01:51

ok i can imagine the only use of the turret is being a shield not stuff for like miniguns so its cover but the user can shoot past the cover possibly like in Just Cause you can dismount the gun and then mount another gun in its place
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Turrets/Mounted Guns

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 10 June 2020, 12:49

wolf653 wrote:ok i can imagine the only use of the turret is being a shield not stuff for like miniguns so its cover but the user can shoot past the cover possibly like in Just Cause you can dismount the gun and then mount another gun in its place

Well, I don't know. I was thinking of this in an SP mindset. I mean, it would be kind of interesting to fight enemies manning these turrets, or to have a section where you defend an area on a turret. But you're right, the same effect can be achieved with a non mounted weapon. So possibly put a shield in front of the gun to protect the user (and give some incentive for operating the turret). Also, this turret is supposed to be capable of a 360 degree rotation.
It's like the shield turret from Modern Warfare, if you know what I'm talking about.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Feedback and Insights