Some ideas for 2.5 's gameplay

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Some ideas for 2.5 's gameplay

Postby eru_ » 31 August 2018, 12:19

1)What if we have a long range in the sniper
For exemple when you snipe on a long range on a victim and sniper's lamp glows green you shoot and the bullet won't penetrate him so i suggest to Mr eric to make snipers 's bullet hits with long range
Also
2)Improved sniping features

so when you press right mouse button the camera goes the last part of the laser (i dunnot know how to describe it)
or the game zoom changes (NOT globally) only for the player
3)Jacketable Bullet
when you shoot any kind of weapon and the bullet dissolves into two pieces
4) bulletproof water
Bullets instead of slowing down they lost slowly their power or even stop
5) bullet light equal to bullet power
so when a bullet is really powerful it have much light when it penetrate something it start losting its light slowly
and when it stop it turns into a non-lighting caliber and falls down
6) bullets leave entry hole and exit hole
eru_
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: Some ideas for 2.5 's gameplay

Postby Eric Gurt » 31 August 2018, 15:05

1. This can happen in PB2 due to player bounding box used instead of actual ragdoll position. This problem is already fixed in PB2.5/3

2. I'm against these ideas, though both were suggested first time right when sniper rifle was added to game. Mostly for reasons such as: sniper will be able to look back; aiming won't be accurate enough; sniper will be able to observe through whole map (even through walls), which is quite unfair.

3. Bullets do interact with each other, I've been telling about it on twitter some time ago.

4. In PB2.5/3 water is just a surface with different friction applied to projectile moment. Means they lose their moment instead of temporary slowing down. They get same logic applied in walls/movables.

5. It is already in PB2.5/3 from like very start really.

6. They do.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Agent Delta » 31 August 2018, 17:04

I hope lag wont make weapons with longe reload time nearly useless do to your target tanking them or lagging aroud them

Also Eric i"ve heard you were getting rid of the sword reflect adlilty i have to ask why?
Last edited by tehswordninja on 1 September 2018, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post
Saving Plazma Burst one step at a time.
Agent Delta
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby eru_ » 31 August 2018, 17:39

I didnt finished I still suggest mire features
It should be many different walls such as armored wall wood dlywall titanium and each one have its own bulletproofness
Also when something is shot a huge dust appairs
eru_

Postby LazyRain » 31 August 2018, 18:07

eru_ wrote:...It should be many different walls such as armored wall wood dlywall titanium and each one have its own bulletproofness...

Hmmm... I suggest to make penetration as an adjustable option for walls instead of bunch types of walls.
eru_ wrote:...Also when something is shot a huge dust appairs

https://twitter.com/Eric_Gurt/status/779393028641398784
Spoiler: Show More
LazyRain

Postby eru_ » 31 August 2018, 20:52

Eric Gurt wrote:1. This can happen in PB2 due to player bounding box used instead of actual ragdoll position. This problem is already fixed in PB2.5/3

2. I'm against these ideas, though both were suggested first time right when sniper rifle was added to game. Mostly for reasons such as: sniper will be able to look back; aiming won't be accurate enough; sniper will be able to observe through whole map (even through walls), which is quite unfair.

3. Bullets do interact with each other, I've been telling about it on twitter some time ago.

4. In PB2.5/3 water is just a surface with different friction applied to projectile moment. Means they lose their moment instead of temporary slowing down. They get same logic applied in walls/movables.

6. They do.

See eric ? Im reading ur mind
eru_

Postby Eric Gurt » 31 August 2018, 22:07

eru_ wrote:
Eric Gurt wrote:1. This can happen in PB2 due to player bounding box used instead of actual ragdoll position. This problem is already fixed in PB2.5/3

6. They do.

See eric ? Im reading ur mind

My twitter for the most part.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby tehswordninja » 1 September 2018, 21:19

Agent Delta wrote:I hope lag wont make weapons with longe reload time nearly useless do to your target tanking them or lagging aroud them

Also Eric i"ve heard you were getting rid of the sword reflect adlilty i have to ask why?

Please do not double post in the future. I merged your posts into one.

As for my view on mainly the idea of increasing the zoom level of the sniper rifle, I really see no reason why the camera can't move out SLIGHTLY while you have the sniper rifle out. At least you should be able to see more of the screen by moving your mouse to the edge of the left/right of the screen.

Mainly though I'm concerned with actual bullet ranges, not cameras. If the sniper rifle's bullet still goes the same distance as the CS-RC, then a zoomed out/extended view for the player is pointless.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Return to Feedback and Insights