Abilitys

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Abilitys

Postby Lord Russia Tachanka » 18 August 2018, 21:39

Abilitys can be used to upgrade your defense, attack or support for your team or for yourself. Can be used by pressing B.

Abilitys:
Spoiler: Show More
Sandbags: Creates little sandbags to protect, can be picked up holding B or can be destroyed. 250 HP. 3 seconds to use.

Attack Chopper: Calls a Attack chopper that contains an Machine Gun with 500 ammo and 1000 HP. 20 seconds to use, if you already have one then you cant call one.

Airstrike: Sends an rocket that you can use by moving it with A and D and acelerating it with S, 30 seconds to use.

Ammo box: Gives reservation ammo for all of your guns, specially your enemies or allies can pick it up., 10 seconds to use.

Medkit: Ditto, but gives health to teammates or enemies, 10 seconds to use.

Armor box: Gives an ballistic armor that teammates or enemies can use, 250 HP, 10 seconds to use.

Juggernaut armor box: Ditto, but gives an MUCH stronger armor, gives an Gatling gun, 1000 HP, 30 seconds to use, Only 1 player can use this. To destroy this, make a squad and start shooting to the player that haves the Juggernaut armor! When destroyed it explodes making you almost instant dead (if you have 1-120 HP, you will be instant killed by the explotion)

Ranked Sniper: You character will be changed to a Ranked Sniper with a Heavy Gauge Sniper Rifle that haves 10 mag bullet. 30 seconds to use. (NEW ABILITY)

Rush - Player immediately gains speed, runs towards the player before passing them, and slices their sword across the opponent above the waist. Can only use once every 20-30 seconds. (ABILITY CREATED BY CIVIL-LITE)

Shield Explosive - This one would sound rather obvious but picture this. The player would immediately throw a shield nade to the floor which the opponent's would be inside, within 3 seconds it would have exploded eliminating the opponent's. Can only be used again after 1 minute. (ABILITY CREATED BY CIVIL-LITE)
Last edited by Lord Russia Tachanka on 27 August 2018, 16:38, edited 4 times in total.
I worked for Rainbow team, maked LMGs as a support for my teammates.
Lord Russia Tachanka
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Abilitys

Postby Agent Delta » 24 August 2018, 21:52

Sounds a bit CoDsh but it would be great for MP maps
Saving Plazma Burst one step at a time.
Agent Delta
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Civil-Lite » 27 August 2018, 16:35

I could also think of a few ability ideas for CQC purposes like:
> Rush - Player immediately gains speed, runs towards the player before passing them, and slices their sword across the opponent above the waist. Can only use once every 20-30 seconds.
> Shield Explosive - This one would sound rather obvious but picture this. The player would immediately throw a shield nade to the floor which the opponent's would be inside, within 3 seconds it would have exploded eliminating the opponent's. Can only be used again after 1 minute.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby Lord Russia Tachanka » 27 August 2018, 16:36

Civil-Lite wrote:I could also think of a few ability ideas for CQC purposes like:
> Rush - Player immediately gains speed, runs towards the player before passing them, and slices their sword across the opponent above the waist. Can only use once every 20-30 seconds.
> Shield Explosive - This one would sound rather obvious but picture this. The player would immediately throw a shield nade to the floor which the opponent's would be inside, within 3 seconds it would have exploded eliminating the opponent's. Can only be used again after 1 minute.

That sounds pretty good!
I worked for Rainbow team, maked LMGs as a support for my teammates.
Lord Russia Tachanka
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Hikarikaze » 28 August 2018, 02:49

It's a good thing you and the community aren't game designers

Lord Russia Tachanka wrote:Sandbags: Creates little sandbags to protect, can be picked up holding B or can be destroyed. 250 HP. 3 seconds to use.

This is a weaker version of the shield grenade without the 360 degree protection. What does "3 seconds to use" even mean? Does it last for 3 seconds or does it take 3 seconds to put down? Either way makes this even more ineffective, especially in a fast paced combat setting

Lord Russia Tachanka wrote:Attack Chopper: Calls a Attack chopper that contains an Machine Gun with 500 ammo and 1000 HP. 20 seconds to use, if you already have one then you cant call one.

If the map is isolated with no open ceiling, this is useless unless it just comes out of nowhere. What attack patterns and movement patterns would this have? You also need to outline the statistics on the machine gun. Can it penetrate through walls?

Lord Russia Tachanka wrote:Airstrike: Sends an rocket that you can use by moving it with A and D and acelerating it with S, 30 seconds to use.

30 seconds is way too long when in practice, the rocket would last a third of the time except in larger maps. Even so you'd be better off engaging someone with something else since your role would be more active

Lord Russia Tachanka wrote:Ammo box: Gives reservation ammo for all of your guns, specially your enemies or allies can pick it up., 10 seconds to use

This is alright but only because it's basic and straightforward. How much ammunition would it give though? Full reserves or a certain amount of "magazines/clips?" Would each box be a one-time use?

Lord Russia Tachanka wrote:Medkit: Ditto, but gives health to teammates or enemies, 10 seconds to use.

Same questions as the ammo box but for HP.

Lord Russia Tachanka wrote:Armor box: Gives an ballistic armor that teammates or enemies can use, 250 HP, 10 seconds to use.

This should be one-time use only with the armor being unable to regenerate so it's not exploitable and not a glorified medkit. What do you mean by "10 seconds to use?"

Lord Russia Tachanka wrote:Juggernaut armor box: Ditto, but gives an MUCH stronger armor, gives an Gatling gun, 1000 HP, 30 seconds to use, Only 1 player can use this. To destroy this, make a squad and start shooting to the player that haves the Juggernaut armor! When destroyed it explodes making you almost instant dead (if you have 1-120 HP, you will be instant killed by the explotion)

That's way too unnecessary. Having this in a fast paced map or a map with the terrible 130-150 HP regulations (assuming that remains a standard and trope) would break balance immediately. Why does it explode when destroyed anyways? You can encourage rushing and tanking without adding in a cheap gimmick like blowing up as the stats already do

Lord Russia Tachanka wrote:Ranked Sniper: You character will be changed to a Ranked Sniper with a Heavy Gauge Sniper Rifle that haves 10 mag bullet. 30 seconds to use. (NEW ABILITY)

A ranked sniper? What does that even mean? Why can't you just use a regular sniper rifle or a railgun for that matter?

Civil-Lite wrote:Rush - Player immediately gains speed, runs towards the player before passing them, and slices their sword across the opponent above the waist. Can only use once every 20-30 seconds.

Good luck trying to depict a horizontal attack across an opponent in a 2D game where there's no depth. You also do know it's ridiculously easy to counter a move like this, right? Anyone capable and decent enough at selfboosting can just jump over anyone doing this move and also gain a height advantage to allow for headshots and easier kills. You could even hold X and save your own hitbox this way since it won't be in the attack's line of sight

Civil-Lite wrote:Shield Explosive - This one would sound rather obvious but picture this. The player would immediately throw a shield nade to the floor which the opponent's would be inside, within 3 seconds it would have exploded eliminating the opponent's. Can only be used again after 1 minute.

>shield

I think you need to look up what a shield is because this definitely isn't one. This is just a typical grenade except you can actually see the AoE radius of it. Making that visible would easily let opponents get out of range, even in a 3 second window
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby phsc » 28 August 2018, 03:35

all of the ideas are trash but the shield grenade one is pretty great
kills people in the range of the shield grenade we have, but with a delay after impact

BUT I NEED TO BOOST MY MORALE NOW

rush, i think you mean self boost with that

ranked sniper, what, i mean, what, i read that like 8 times and didnt understand a single thing about it, great idea tho

juggernaut thing, what is a juggernaut, heh? it can be the one from dota 2, which is kinda like a samurai with a mask, id like that, but now, youre assuming what a juggernaut is, so youre an asshole

armor box, i think thats something from guild wars but im not sure as that game is from like when pb2 was published

medidick, did you find out about the word ditto today? also, really a complex thing, but in pb2, you regenerate hp after a while without taking damage, huh right? and in moer complex maps, theres a magic thing called triggers, not the ones from mysql or sql server and yeah sadly these are different thing, but the ones from the level developer! waow!

airstrike, YEAH MLG COD MONTAGES #1ST VICTORY BATTLE ROYALE GONE WRONG 420 (i cried)

attack chopper, great, but it needs to play fortunate son on the back, then the dude who fires the mg is a black dude with sunglasses, the pilot is a generic dude from like texas with a mullet and hes also blonde and then theres a generic dude with a bandana around his head too, now this, this is a great idea

sandbag is also great, mostly for workouts, great idea, i want to be a pumped out pb2 marine when i grow up

now im probably going to get you banned then get banned then come back after like 6 months but still great great lord tachanka russian lord of dp28 and vodka
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Feedback and Insights