Shields

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Shields

Postby STEFANO2008 » 18 February 2018, 19:36

So after a long time thinking on what i should post i decided to post a shields thread.

If anyone played Plazma Burst: FTP would know what im going to say.

When you shoot a enemy's weapon, you can clearly see the enemy is NOT harmed, acting as a shield.

But... If we add shields to PB: 2.5?

PB: 2.5 PART.

If a in-game shop is added, shield is bought with 1 free skin.

Or if weapon editor is added, you select the shield and here there are 3 options.

Buy a skin in the shop.

Paste a internet image.

Or drawing in the shield.

After that, we apply the skin and you got a custom shield.

Talking of shield durability?

In the HUD when shield is equipped, a bar featuring 3 colors appears.

Green= the shield is in good state an deflects perfectly.

Yellow= the shield is harmed and deflects regularly.

And... Red= the shield now absorbs very bad and the bar will empty quickly before breaking.

The shield can deflect only 125 proyectiles.

When equipped, the player will use the lightest weapon, if the player has nothing but the shield, he wont equip anything, only way to harm is grenades or shield hit, to push with the shield, the player has to press FIRE button, can do from 10 to 28 Damage.

If the game doesn't support skins, a color bar to change the only 2 colors of the shield (default is grey and black)

And?, What do you think? reply if you agree!
Get me out of South America PLEASE

STEFANO2008
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Shields

Postby STEFANO2008 » 19 February 2018, 03:27

silverteen11 wrote:While shields are a good idea, 125 projectiles is too much, maybe it should have HP instead.

Ok.

Better tha lowering the projectiles amount, however, its EG's choice.
Get me out of South America PLEASE

STEFANO2008
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby LazyRain » 19 February 2018, 11:14

Something similar was suggested long time ago.
STEFANO2008 wrote:When you shoot a enemy's weapon, you can clearly see the enemy is NOT harmed, acting as a shield.

Eric won't add it in 2.5, because it will look bad.

What about actual shields in the game? I have 2 ideas:

1) Hand (Psi) Shield device for slot 1. Dual welding of course. You can use it with any other 1-slot weapon at the same time, even with second shield. Click once to set device in ON-state, click again to set device in OFF-state. The device has some amount of HP. These points will be restored only when device is in off-state. Here is draft variants:
Spoiler: Show More

Also. I have an idea about a weapons with built-in shield which can be activated by right click.

2) Alternative function of Psi Swords. Just hold right button when you are armed with swords, and you will defend yourself via small psi shield. However it will drain your energy when it is active or get damage. The amount of the spent energy depends on a projectile damge. And it won't protect you for 100% from explosions and bullets with a high penetraition power. Here is an example:
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Prototype-X1 » 17 March 2018, 06:50

I think it's a great idea. Maybe something like this? And don't judge, I drew this as fast as I can :P

https://imgur.com/6bfAZj7

Prototype-X1
Recruit

Postby SpookyMyon » 22 March 2018, 02:51

Shields are a nice idea, but like what silverteen11 mentioned, 125 projectiles is too much.

Since there is energy-bar system (for SP only currently, used for the time-slowdown), maybe make use of it?

The shield's durability would then work like this:
The shield is dependent on the player's energy, for each time the shield get's damaged, the player's energy points gets depleted.

In the event that energy-point system gets used in PB2.5 for other things too, it should serve as a risk-reward system (Where the player trade energy points, which could be potentially used to do better stuff, for extra survivability.)
SpookyMyon

Return to Feedback and Insights