Gun mixing spam should stay in PB 2.5

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Gun mixing spam should stay in PB 2.5

Postby Varoid37 » 27 March 2017, 18:04

I heard a guy in a map I was in say that in 2.5 you won't be able to spam several guns quickly (In other words, holding down fire, then pressing 5 7 9 3 4 really really fast so you fire freakishly hard), I don't know if this is true or not, but I don't think that this "gun mixing" technique should be nerfed like at all. At the very least there should be an option in the match making window to not have a gun delay like I've heard there's gonna be.

I'm probably not the only one that's practiced hitting freakishly hard using this technique (I can fire like all 5 of those guns in like 1 second, and I can also throw three grenades first so the delay causes them to explode into the gun mixing, and hit even harder, it does so much damage the guests literally end up thinking I'm hacking), and some maps with really high HP like my jugvsjug map rely on it. Also, it brings an entirely new element to it when you have to learn to press the numbers really fast in order to hit really hard, and it's not unfair because everyone can do it if they can just practice enough.

The ranked matches like snipers and stuff won't be helped because there's not enough guns for it to be effective, and any ranked matches that have enough guns to use it probably won't have high enough HP for it to be worth it because you can probably kill them in 2 hits with a pistol anyway, so all this does is hurt matches with high HP people.

Also, if you've seen how it looks when I throw three grenades, then gun mix into it... It's REALLY cool. I've become rather famous in the 7vs1 and jugvsjug maps has being freakishly powerful because I hit so hard that it's literally comedic.

And the thing is, it's not like it's even impossible to win against someone gun mixing even then, if the team is really organized and really REALLY good, they can still beat even me sometimes by dodging, then other people attack from another direction, making them impossible to kill while they all spam at the same time. Although it doesn't happen that often since I've perfected this technique to such an extent.

I don't think it should be removed for the same reason that self boosting shouldn't be removed, certain maps rely on it, could you imagine a map like my jugvsjug map, where each team has 4 jugs on it, and actually killing all 4 of them really really quickly if you couldn't gun spam? (Also, btw, my jugvsjug map had a lot of people playing on it the other day)

I heard there's only going to be a short delay before firing or something, but even then, it limits the effectiveness of it and makes it so there's not has limitless of potential for higher skill levels with it. And yes, being able to move, coordinate a mouse, aim, and press 5 of the exact right number keys so fast that sometimes the rocket and BNG literally end up flying next to eachother is a skill, even if it isn't the same kind of skill that most people practice.

Honestly, it adds a new element to it to be able to do more to enhance combat than to just boost over people and shoot from above, to actually be able to gun mix at them too while doing so is amazing.

Also, I colored each of the paragraphs in different colors so it would be easier to read. :)

Varoid37
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Gun mixing spam should stay in PB 2.5

Postby jeff the hacker » 27 March 2017, 18:16

its called "the combo" tactic

basicaly you swap 2 weapons with fast fire rate

http://prntscr.com/ep4qgq
my eyes hurt
im an alien inside

jeff the hacker
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby DoomWrath » 27 March 2017, 21:08

"Gun Mixing" as you put it seems simply to be abusing the game physics by spamming the controls. As much as it's a shame for people to lose their playstyles, levelling the playing field by preventing people from finding their own glitches to use isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

I'm sure it would still be doable with weaker weapons, but a delay switching weapons would remove an "elitist tactic" that most of the regular players wouldn't know about, in the same way that removing the glitch causing the more extreme forms of boosting would be welcome without entirely removing a feature of the game that makes PB2 what it is.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Varoid37 » 27 March 2017, 22:40

DoomWrath wrote:a delay switching weapons would remove an "elitist tactic" that most of the regular players wouldn't know about

lol, so basically "Not everyone is has good has you, not everyone knows has many skills has you do, so we're gonna make all your skills not work has well so they can win" lol

And I think the whole thing about regular players not knowing a lot of the skills really advanced players know is a good thing, after all, why bother to get really really good at something just to be the same has everyone else? I've practiced for I think years to get this good at gun mixing, regular players literally just play normally, because they're by definition regular.

If it's a matter of realism, it's set in the future, why couldn't all the guns teleport out of your hand and back in, along with the rockets and power cells and ammo, creating a similar effect to gun mixing? In fact, why expect realism when there's infinite ammo and aliens and time travel anyway? lol
Last edited by Varoid37 on 27 March 2017, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

Varoid37
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby tehswordninja » 27 March 2017, 22:55

The removal of this means you can't suddenly 'one shot' Civil Security Bosses within seconds.

I heavily dislike the weapon combo spam. It takes little to no skill. This game is literally all about spam; spamming grenades, spamming your shots, and spamming switching weapons.

Having the option of bringing ammo into the game helps heavily; the weapon switch delay helps even further.

It's not like it'll take 10 seconds to take out your BNG, either.

It's just enough delay to make it so you'll have to be smart when fighting something like a Civil Security Boss or multiple enemies.

I'm sure there will be weapon switching options too.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Terror Only » 28 March 2017, 19:58

one of the dumbest ideas i ever seen in this section

kk, terror out
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby stormforce » 28 March 2017, 20:27

Yeah just spamming is not how the game is supposed to work.
hi

stormforce
Civil Security Lite [100]

Gun mixing spam should disappear in PB 2.5

Postby KARL SERG » 28 March 2017, 21:52

The OP clearly misspelt "stay" for "disappear" in this Topic. Also, I couldn't be bothered to read that Rainbow, but from what I understand, it goes something like "please don't take away my advantage of quickly swapping guns". I wonder if the OP likes it when somebody else uses an advantage he disapproves of, such as camping in tactical spots and concentrating Fire on the OP.

Edit: You shouldn't overspecialize. Nature proved that Animals which did that died out really quickly when a radical change happened too fast for them to adapt.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Return to Feedback and Insights