Weapon Upgrade System

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Weapon Upgrade System

Postby tehswordninja » 29 January 2017, 19:38

So I've been thinking about how PB2.5 could combine both the current upgrade system along with some other additions, mainly attachments, and here's what I've come up with:

Attachments could be added to weapons past a certain weapon upgrade level. Weapon upgrade levels would also give a general damage/accuracy buff, but not enough to warrant not using accuracy related attachments.

Here's a list of attachments:

Laser (Human): The laser looks like it does on most weapons that have lasers, but longer (not as long as the sniper's laser). Improves accuracy. It can give away your position

Laser (Alien): Above, but instead the laser would be green/purple. For only alien weapons, improves their accuracy slightly more so than the regular laser. Laser is brighter and a bit more noticeable.

Grip: Has a few variants that all have the same stats (CS, C9, Alien, etc). Decreases recoil as well as increasing the speed in which you can move your weapon (double edged sword here).

Scope: Has variants. Zooms the screen of the player out slightly when used. Cannot be used on all weapons by default. The sniper rifle always has this attachment by default (and the laser, too), but it can be taken off.

Suppressor: Has an Alien variant. The suppressor is only for basic ballistic weapons (pistols, rifles, shotguns). Muffles shots, improves accuracy slightly, hides you from the minimap (if that is an added feature) while firing, but lowers damage.

Hair trigger: Improves rate of fire, with a slight accuracy nerf. Only available to basic ballistic weapons (pistols/rifles/shotguns), with the exception of some energy based automatics (Ray Rifle, Plasmagun).

Sight: Comes in several variants (Red dot, Alien, etc) all with minor differences. Allows you to right click and 'sight in' which would give you a bit more accuracy, zoom your screen out slightly, and lower your movement speed.

Energy accelerator: Increases the projectile speed of energy projectiles, but lowers damage slightly. Only works on energy based weapons such as the BNG and the Plasmagun.

That's just a few, I could probably list more but I don't want this post to become any bigger than it already is.

Anyways, attachments would give at least one upside to the applied weapon, while also giving at least one, generally minor, downside.

Attachments would unlock depending on how upgraded the weapon is. A level 3 BNG would have all attachments (that work with the gun that is) unlocked for it, while a level 1 CS-RC might only be able have a sight attachment or grip attachment unlocked. Weapon upgrades would also affect how many attachments the weapon could take, ideally one attachment slot would unlock with each upgrade (0 at no upgrades, 3 at max).

Any thoughts?
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Re: Weapon Upgrade System

Postby mrnat444 » 30 January 2017, 22:50

This would add a lot more customization to the campaign in PB2.5/3. It might get a little too complicated in multiplayer with all the already existing modifications to guns you make with triggers, but it would still be a cool feature.

Perhaps there could be another ranked version of maps where you get points or something for getting kills, and you can upgrade weapons with those points and buy/equip attachments to different weapons. Then when you play those specific ranked maps, all those mods to the gun are applied when you pick it up (or you could potentially spawn with these weapons). This could also separate attachments and upgraded weapons from trigger gun mods, and it would be capitalizing on them in ranked/approved maps.
mrnat444
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby tehswordninja » 30 January 2017, 23:41

mrnat444 wrote:This would add a lot more customization to the campaign in PB2.5/3. It might get a little too complicated in multiplayer with all the already existing modifications to guns you make with triggers, but it would still be a cool feature.

Perhaps there could be another ranked version of maps where you get points or something for getting kills, and you can upgrade weapons with those points and buy/equip attachments to different weapons. Then when you play those specific ranked maps, all those mods to the gun are applied when you pick it up (or you could potentially spawn with these weapons). This could also separate attachments and upgraded weapons from trigger gun mods, and it would be capitalizing on them in ranked/approved maps.

Team vs Team would literally be this.

It's a credits-based gamemode where you can buy stuff, from what Eric has said about it.

Being able to upgrade and buy attachments as the rounds progress would be very nice.

I'd like to see a certain playlist for ranked (maybe a new gamemode) that uses loadouts that players create. It would be extremely nice to see an exp system for this that lets you unlock and equip various weapons and other things.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby mrnat444 » 31 January 2017, 01:20

And it would provide more of an incentive to continue playing, because you can actually unlock stuff and earn points or whatever for playing that would actually convert into something in the game.
mrnat444
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby maxim12 » 31 January 2017, 22:19

Yeah, I have suggested this Idea many times, but you seem to be more creative in it. So I say yes.

+1

mrnat444 wrote:Perhaps there could be another ranked version of maps where you get points or something for getting kills, and you can upgrade weapons with those points and buy/equip attachments to different weapons.

No, just no. I do not want other players to have advantage over another players.

I think It's only in singleplayer you need to upgrade your guns to put more attachments, but for multiplayer, all attachments and weapon customisation should be free and available to all.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Dandamage » 17 February 2017, 19:04

Some of these drawbacks don't make much sense. Good idea overall though.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Mr_clean » 21 February 2017, 09:13

I guess many people actually thought about this (including Eric prob). But why is it not good? Because that's NOT what Plazma Burst is about. I mean non-customizable weapons.

Mr_clean

Postby tehswordninja » 22 February 2017, 05:13

Mr_clean wrote:I guess many people actually thought about this (including Eric prob). But why is it not good? Because that's NOT what Plazma Burst is about. I mean non-customizable weapons.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. I mean, I could argue that Plazma Burst isn't about using equipment to fly to certain areas, but jetpacks are being added to PB2.5.

PB2.5 is a complete overhaul of PB2. It's not designed to be the same. Change is good.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Return to Feedback and Insights