Kinetic Module Changes

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Kinetic Module Changes

Postby Hunter4408 » 6 October 2016, 22:18

For those who don't know and never use it, the kinetic module is used with the C key on singleplayer to move objects. Although not necessary, I find it useful to throw explosive barrels at enemies and use dead enemies as shields.

I feel like it could be implemented in PB2.5 with many changes, such as having it on multiplayer unlike in PB2.
Of course there's a ton of negative effects that it would bring in PB2, with enough changes such as preventing friendly fire with the kinetic module and not allowing people to strip the weapons off their teammates could make the kinetic module great. Of course some people might say the kinetic module would be annoying, being capable of taking the weapons right off of enemies. This is true, but I actually see plenty of nerfs already made with it. To use the kinetic module, it requires you to put your weapon down. This gives the person trying to defend themselves a chance to shoot and stop the attacker, and maybe with a few seconds delay of the kinetic module it could be nerfed entirely. This would make it necessary to hide or ambush unaware enemies to steal/strip their weapons.

Also for singleplayer, a new upgrade system for the kinetic module.
Currently in PB2, the strength of the kinetic module depends on the weight of the object you are trying to pick up and its distance. For instance, grabbing a nearby explosive barrel and throwing it up isn't very hard. Throwing it horizontally is harder, especially if you're trying to throw it quite a distance. Bodies are generally heavy, which makes it hard to pick them up and toss with the kinetic module. An upgrade system could solve these issues, and you could use credits to buy "Kinetic Strength" which can help you pick up heavy items, maybe even smaller vehicles if you make it to a very high upgrade level. "Kinetic Distance" or something could be used to increase the strength distance your kinetic module has, allowing you to toss things further.

Anyone else have ideas for the kinetic modules use?
Last edited by Hunter4408 on 12 October 2016, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Hunter4408
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Kinetic Module Changes

Postby STEFANO2008 » 12 October 2016, 12:59

Nice Idea hunter send a e-mail ro eric gurt and wait his answer

STEFANO2008
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby LazyRain » 12 October 2016, 17:05

Thats good ideas. I have some too.

STEFANO2008 wrote:Nice Idea hunter send a e-mail ro eric gurt and wait his answer

It isn't so necessary. He checks the Forum sometimes.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 13 October 2016, 11:11

Hunter4408 wrote:For those who don't know and never use it, the kinetic module is used with the C key on singleplayer to move objects. Although not necessary, I find it useful to throw explosive barrels at enemies and use dead enemies as shields.

I feel like it could be implemented in PB2.5 with many changes, such as having it on multiplayer unlike in PB2.
Of course there's a ton of negative effects that it would bring in PB2, with enough changes such as preventing friendly fire with the kinetic module and not allowing people to strip the weapons off their teammates could make the kinetic module great. Of course some people might say the kinetic module would be annoying, being capable of taking the weapons right off of enemies. This is true, but I actually see plenty of nerfs already made with it. To use the kinetic module, it requires you to put your weapon down. This gives the person trying to defend themselves a chance to shoot and stop the attacker, and maybe with a few seconds delay of the kinetic module it could be nerfed entirely. This would make it necessary to hide or ambush unaware enemies to steal/strip their weapons.

Also for singleplayer, a new upgrade system for the kinetic module.
Currently in PB2, the strength of the kinetic module depends on the weight of the object you are trying to pick up and its distance. For instance, grabbing a nearby explosive barrel and throwing it up isn't very hard. Throwing it horizontally is harder, especially if you're trying to throw it quite a distance. Bodies are generally heavy, which makes it hard to pick them up and toss with the kinetic module. An upgrade system could solve these issues, and you could use credits to buy "Kinetic Strength" which can help you pick up heavy items, maybe even smaller vehicles if you make it to a very high upgrade level. "Kinetic Distance" or something could be used to increase the strength distance your kinetic module has, allowing you to toss things further.

Anyone else have ideas for the kinetic modules use?

Using dead enemies as shields is a great idea.
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby Hunter4408 » 14 October 2016, 05:20

@ MI6 AGENT 007 - I know. Changes to the way bullets pass through bodies could help the whole body shield with kinetic module idea.
Hunter4408
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 15 October 2016, 16:00

Hunter4408 wrote:@ MI6 AGENT 007 - I know. Changes to the way bullets pass through bodies could help the whole body shield with kinetic module idea.

And the idea to throw barrels I like it.
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby Dandamage » 17 February 2017, 20:41

Reminds me of Destroy All Humans, but yeah, it would result in some really fun and interesting gameplay. Maybe even grab enemies if you edit with triggers? Haha.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby GhostX5 » 17 February 2017, 23:06

I like this idea. +1

Somehow, this reminds me of In Darkness (I think, but I forgot the name).
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Return to Feedback and Insights