Out of Bounds

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Out of Bounds

Postby ustopable » 28 June 2016, 11:19

Lets discuss Out of Bounds
Usually we put pushers to kick back those players
Well this time we will make a Boundary.

Boundary
-If you get outside of the boundary a large warning will appear that "Warning You are going outside the battle. Reenter the battlefield immediately" and the whole screen will have a tint of red.
-you have 10 seconds to get in or else youre dead. If you got in the time will slowly regain to 10 seconds so that no one would abuse it (No one will really abuse it just in case)
-Weapons outside of these area will immediately get transported inside a random area in the battlefield if no one picked the weapon within 20 seconds.

Special Boundary Killer
-These are merely decorations but will act as an animation when a player stayed in the OB area within 10 seconds. Decorations like
>Turrets that only activates when a player gets in the OB area. Will gain a laser sight and home to the nearest enemy. If player stayed in the OB area will rapidly fire bullets.
>Any suggestions?
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Out of Bounds

Postby LazyRain » 29 June 2016, 21:26

Wait, is it from...CoD? I'm not for this. You can make something similar with help of triggers, isn't it?
Anyway, If you want that players couldn't escape from open level, maybe make a construction of special teleport which will send players back turning them to the fight area. Or to make function according to which at reaching the area they will have automatically turn back and pass small distance to fight area. I saw this in Splinter Cell: Conviction (not teleporting).
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby IIShadeII » 29 June 2016, 23:21

Out of bounds areas can simply be fixed with level design. Even if its something lazy, such as just putting a wall so the player can't jump out.

It gives the player the feeling that they could escape, but even if the could fly over the wall, a barrier would be there to stop them.

The issue is more in the hands of the mapper rather than the dev.
Last edited by IIShadeII on 30 June 2016, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
IIShadeII
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby prometheansoldier » 30 June 2016, 11:29

Hey, I remember that one from Battlefield Hardline (I never played it, but I liked it though)..

This should be a warning message to those who gone into the boundary:
"Return To The Battle Area 0:10" and a radio which you will hear when you gone in:
"Soldier, where are you going? Get back here." & "Soldier, you're going too far, come back!"

Another one is for the OB area warning message:
"Turrets deploying, move away from this area. 0:10" and also a radio:
"Hey, the turrets are marking you, get outta there!" & "Enemy sentry turret detected! Move out of the firing zone!"
prometheansoldier
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Feedback and Insights