SCHUD Version ID1 - Competitive Eye Helping HUD [OPEN IDEA]

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

What do you think of the latest version? (Vote changing allowed)

It's perfect, needs no changes.
17%
It's perfect, needs no changes.
17%
It's good, needs changes.
8%
It's good, needs changes.
8%
I'm neutral about it, Give me some time.
No votes
I'm neutral about it, Give me some time.
No votes
You really should improve it, I'll tell you why in a post.
8%
You really should improve it, I'll tell you why in a post.
8%
It's horrible!! I'll tell you why in a post.
17%
It's horrible!! I'll tell you why in a post.
17%
I don't really mind this being added or I won't use it.
No votes
I don't really mind this being added or I won't use it.
No votes

Total votes : 12

Re: SCHUD Version ID1 - Competitive Eye Helping HUD [OPEN ID

Postby LazyRain » 29 June 2016, 08:41

Your idea more suitable for FPS, so it's not so good for this game, but interesting. I don't want to see so many parameters attached to a cursor, because I won't be able to just see the enemy behind it. I guess that in 2.5 we will have option to change transparency of the cursor, but even on a minimum it won't solve a problem. So I think it is necessary to remove the most of things which you have drawn.
So what it is necessary to leave? Good question. Say me, what it is really necessary to keep under control when you shoot at the enemy? Right, it's weapon stats and health. I played a small amount of games so I remember CHUD only in Portal and ETQW.
In ETQW CHUD was like this:
Spoiler: Show More
Praise the sun.

Cursor in the middle. Health level at the left side. Quantity of bullets in a magazine at the right side.

I offer this option or something like that.

Red circle - cursor.
Lines are:tabtabatabAmmotabtabatabWeapon HeatingtabtabatabHPtabtabatabEnergy
This is most important things.

However I consider that lines of HP and energy aren't necessary as they are in HUD. So here new pic:
http://imgur.com/jVNNeaI
Too big image size. Left side is heating level and right side is Ammo and quantity of mags.

I think other HUD elements which you have drawn is better to leave on their old places. Because we already can see which weapon we don't have and I guess we will have more grenade types.

Against this idea. Currently in game during firing the cursor extends, showing how the weapon has strongly heated up. Also, in 2.5 we will have the recharged weapon. I guess HUD will look so:
Damn, I cant find the picture. Well, weapon stats will be displayed in HUD too, and heating is visible by expansion of the cursor. I will look for pic at forum later, it has to be somewhere.
[EDIT] I haven't found it. Guess without it everything is clear anyway.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: SCHUD Version ID1 - Competitive Eye Helping HUD [OPEN ID

Postby IIShadeII » 29 June 2016, 19:51

Oh lawd, too much information in such a small space. You won't be able to see anything. It would be better to just have the health bar on your own player, or somewhere out of the way, like how it is rn. But if you really want, I would just have 2 bars around a dot, like in half life. One for HP, other for ammo.
IIShadeII
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Feedback and Insights