Bullet resistance

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Bullet resistance

Postby darkstar 1 » 14 June 2016, 14:20

My idea: Some sort of grenade looking device that makes you bullet proof for a certain time. You can only use the device once in a minute/... OR it will dissapear after using it.

There are four types of this devices:

-Bullet resistance: Makes you bullet proof for a moment, but you will get more damage from railguns and lazer weapons.
-Lazer resistance: Rays and lazers can't damage you for a moment, bullets and projectiles from railguns do more damage.
-Railgun resistance: (I guess you know what this would do)
-Resistance: Projectiles can't damage you but your speed will decrease, fall damage will make more damage and explosions do more damage.

(Explosions can't damage the first three)
darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Re: Bullet resistance

Postby Peter Plays » 17 June 2016, 01:06

Wouldn't be explosive resistance be applied to normal Res. as well? There aren't lazers in PB2 and most likely not in PB2.5. So Railgun and PLASMA Resistance could take place of lazer resistance. (Why does Railgun Res. has no disadvantages unlike the others?) Maybe instead of being a tangible device like a grenade, which PB2 already has enough of, it can be a pickup-perk that can be placed throughout a map, and it can take a certain number of hits (In the level editor ; the x amount of durability can be changed)

This is a great idea and would love this to be implemented into PB2.5 !
Peter Plays
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby darkstar 1 » 17 June 2016, 09:24

Peter Plays wrote:Wouldn't be explosive resistance be applied to normal Res. as well? There aren't lazers in PB2 and most likely not in PB2.5. So Railgun and PLASMA Resistance could take place of lazer resistance. (Why does Railgun Res. has no disadvantages unlike the others?) Maybe instead of being a tangible device like a grenade, which PB2 already has enough of, it can be a pickup-perk that can be placed throughout a map, and it can take a certain number of hits (In the level editor ; the x amount of durability can be changed)

This is a great idea and would love this to be implemented into PB2.5 !

https://twitter.com/Eric_Gurt/status/702592203600875520 <-- Lazer/beamweapons

The railgun resistance does have disadvantages (more bullet and ray/beam/lazer damage, was just too lazy to write it down, thats why I wrote: 'I guess you know what this does')

And yeah, it can be something else than a grenade, just an example :)
darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby LazyRain » 28 June 2016, 11:43

Very long time ago I had an idea about new module for MH besides Slowmotion and a Kinetic
Plasma shield. It consumes 10 energy units on activation and covers the character with plasma which gives some protection against projectilies. Doesn't protect from falls and acid at all. Allows to move quicker even in water, but in the same time does it more susceptible to pushing. It means that he will fly away further and quicker from explosions and will hit walls stronger.

About your ideas. It can be made as new modules too. Maybe if Eric wants to add more abilities for the main characters, then we will be able to choose 2 of them at the beginning of each level. But also, more possibilities will be available in the new LE for us and maybe you will be able to make it by using triggers attached to the weapon.
I would make the following types of devices:
- General protection. Protects from everything gradually.
- Temperature protection. Very well protection from lasers and fire. Protects from all other projections a little. Doesn't protect from falling and acid.
- Inertia quencher. Well protects from projections. Protects from the sniper weapon and falling even better. Doesn't protect from lasers, fire and acid.
- Mirror protection. Projections will ricochet from armor with a certain probability. Absolute protection against the laser. Has no protection against fire, acid and falling.
- Heavy protection. It's like your Resistance, but you receive a small damage from all except falling and your moves very slowly.
- Acid protection.
Notice: Every protection slightly reduces mobility. Fire includes explosion damage.

But if we look at it on the other side. In PB2 any damage caused to the player has no types. It's common, and protection against damage is common too. For realization of this idea it is necessary to write code about several types of a damage for all weapon and not only. That is more calculations are necessary. I don't know how it will harm to productivities, but nevertheless.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to Feedback and Insights