Idle Animations

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Idle Animations

Postby Dandamage » 2 June 2016, 16:55

First of all, tehswordninja mentioned it, and the credit goes to him.

Idle animations for characters, including the player, such as fiddling with the gun, putting the gun over the shoulder, putting hand next to the ear to use a communication device, etc.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: Idle Animations

Postby BOLK » 3 June 2016, 04:35

Sounds interesting, would be looking cool in the pb2.5
BOLK
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby commando 54 » 5 June 2016, 00:24

Would love these types of animations, also have different character factions have different animations for their characters.
commando 54
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby xXsniper10700Xx » 9 June 2016, 00:14

I would love to see this in-game because you make it seem as if some enemies are talking, repairing, or plain out bullshitting with one another. I mean imagine sneaking into a base then seeing some CS tinkering with a panel. There are many things witch could be done with this.
xXsniper10700Xx
Recruit

Postby Nutkiplit809 » 9 July 2016, 03:00

I could approve it

BTW, what button should be pressed to activate the animation?
Nutkiplit809
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby tehswordninja » 9 July 2016, 13:38

Nutkiplit809 wrote:I could approve it

BTW, what button should be pressed to activate the animation?

did you read the topic?
They're idle animations. They play when you're idle.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Cpt Epsilon Tex » 16 July 2016, 00:05

Hm Animations. Nice. And what if there would be death animations? Like guy would not just fly away. But would fall back epic:P or when we give it a headshot,it would fall on knees and then face. Or final thunder. Like before it dies, it would stay on feet,and would be 100%accurate and high fire rate with guns (10 bullets shot) then dies. Would be cool nah?

Or idle animations when we got shot and actor or player would take his hands there and if health critically low it would get on knees and hold his wound.til he regenerates.

Or like when proxy and marine meets. Would shake hands.

Or when they revive Noir Lime. Like marine heals and helps him get up.

So ya.
Cpt Epsilon Tex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby RenegadeKillerGSX9 » 16 July 2016, 03:44

Another type of idle, well, I don't think much of some idle animations here, but here are some of them.

With a teammate: Have some chitchat with something like they were talking about themselves.

Alone: Would put his/her weapon down and use a radio to contact or check some frequencies.

With a group: Rather than having a chitchat, would sat down on the ground and watches over.

Cpt Epsilon Tex wrote:Hm Animations. Nice. And what if there would be death animations? Like guy would not just fly away. But would fall back epic:P or when we give it a headshot,it would fall on knees and then face. Or final thunder. Like before it dies, it would stay on feet,and would be 100%accurate and high fire rate with guns (10 bullets shot) then dies. Would be cool nah?

Or idle animations when we got shot and actor or player would take his hands there and if health critically low it would get on knees and hold his wound.til he regenerates.

Or like when proxy and marine meets. Would shake hands.

Or when they revive Noir Lime. Like marine heals and helps him get up.

So ya.
Death animations were already implemented in PB2.5, and there was a topic about it, but it was locked.
RenegadeKillerGSX9
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby alnertane » 31 July 2016, 22:41

On the topic of idle animations I have an idea
Since friendly fire will be in PB2.5 it would be nice to have a safety option. I know this most likely won't be added in the game as well a most other ideas, but anyway

On idle the character will be holding his gun at the hip
When the right mouse button is pressed the character will aim
When the left mouse button is pressed the character will shoot (stance is the same when aiming)
When both the left and right mouse button is pressed the camera will zoom out slightly while panning from the centre of the cursor to the direction the player is aiming

Pictures for reference: http://i.imgur.com/VX3C2PI.png
http://i.imgur.com/AgPGNd7.png

alnertane
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby DoomWrath » 2 August 2016, 00:25

alnertane wrote: *really big quote*

This idea alone is worth a forum topic in my opinion, it's an interesting concept.

---------

As for idle animations, anything that adds a good deal of immersion like this is good. They would make the game feel far more polished, and fleshed out.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby alnertane » 2 August 2016, 03:18

DoomWrath wrote:
alnertane wrote: *really big quote*

This idea alone is worth a forum topic in my opinion, it's an interesting concept.

---------

As for idle animations, anything that adds a good deal of immersion like this is good. They would make the game feel far more polished, and fleshed out.

Thanks DoomMate
I tried starting a topic about my shield concept. No one seemed interested, so I didn't bother with this one
alnertane
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby LazyRain » 5 August 2016, 10:53

alnertane wrote: big quote

That's interesting. But I suggest to reduce FoV when aiming.
I have an idea. When the player/character doesn't see enemies he is in state 1. Weapon doesn't move if you move the cursor. When you press the left button, he passes into state 2, but shoots only after repeated pressing or if you are holded the button. When you press right button he start to aiming and after second FoV decreases and approaches to cursor (4) if you hold the button. When the player/character see enemies he is always in state 2, until there passes a little time after disappearance of enemies.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby alnertane » 7 August 2016, 20:57

That's interesting. But I suggest to reduce FoV when aiming.
I have an idea. When the player/character doesn't see enemies he is in state 1. Weapon doesn't move if you move the cursor. When you press the left button, he passes into state 2, but shoots only after repeated pressing or if you are holded the button. When you press right button he start to aiming and after second FoV decreases and approaches to cursor (4) if you hold the button. When the player/character see enemies he is always in state 2, until there passes a little time after disappearance of enemies.

Hmm... though, holding or taping the mouse button would be problematic when quick movement is needed and allowing the computer to change states automatically would make the player feel restricted. Also I don't see why you would decrease FOV
alnertane
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Dandamage » 7 March 2017, 18:58

Also, along with the new idle animations, you could add triggers to force the animations to happen or to not happen, which would add some cinematic potential to map making.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Feedback and Insights