Assist's & Improved kill feed

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Assist's & Improved kill feed

Postby Copy_ » 3 April 2016, 13:04

I've got two suggestions for 2.5, the first being Assist's and the second an improved kill feed.

Assist's: Basically, If you shoot someone and your teammate kills the person whom you just shot but didn't kill - you get an Assist.

Improved kill feed:

The improved kill feed would show with what weapon someone was killed, and if it was a headshot. Now you may think, but we already have this! Yeah we do, just not with symbols, right now we have this as solid text. And I think it would look better with symbols.

I made a little picture of how the improved kill feed could look like: http://prntscr.com/ank7ba

Copy -> Lite Railgun -> Headshot -> Eric Gurt (Picture explained as text).

So, what do you guys think? Tell me! :)
The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.
- Lelouch vi Britannia
Copy_
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Assist's & Improved kill feed

Postby Ayano » 3 April 2016, 14:23

This can actually help. Especially with the Kill Feed +2!
The assists can show how helpful you are in the Team and People won't go all "I DID ALL THE WORK NUB!"(I am actually one of them ; w ; I just don't say it in chat though.) or "THATS MY KILL NUB!"(I do not steal kills THAT MUCH. I just lose my kills since people somehow take the killing shot on them. ; w ; )
I wonder how will this Assists thing will be implemented in DM modes though.But I really want to see it.
The Kill Feed. Yes please add Icons/Symbols.They would be shorter (I think.) and people will have an easier time on Understanding on what happend.) Seriously there are those players who have long names.. and you would see this..
Spoiler: Show More
"Ayano/Lemon Cherry eliminated [PRO][Rank][Clan1][Clan2][Random1][Random2][Title](Insert a Long Username Here.) via Lite Railgun v01 CS-Hshot [ Headshot ]"

I think this example of a kill feed doesn't even fit in the game chat . ^
And an example of Kill Feed that i hope For. v (I also like Copy_'s Example.)
Spoiler: Show More
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Avity213 » 3 April 2016, 14:32

Yeah,that's cool. http://prntscr.com/ank7ba

Avity213
Recruit

Postby JDC5 » 16 May 2016, 17:57

Ive seen so many unnecessary ideas, like pb2.5 in 3D or weapon creator, or jetpack fuel, but this is an idea that pb2 needs and is necessary. So yes this is a good idea, even though im late asf.

JDC5
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby KARL SERG » 16 May 2016, 19:18

I agree with the Assist, but the Kill Feed thing could clutter the Screen with Images AND Text, whereas now we only have Text. Unlike FPS, even the Corners are important in PB2 (and maybe PB2,5 too).

About the Assists, how should they affect KDR? Should they be considered 1/2 of a Kill, or get a separate Calculation Algorithm?
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby JDC5 » 16 May 2016, 19:37

KARL SERG wrote:I agree with the Assist, but the Kill Feed thing could clutter the Screen with Images AND Text, whereas now we only have Text. Unlike FPS, even the Corners are important in PB2 (and maybe PB2,5 too).

About the Assists, how should they affect KDR? Should they be considered 1/2 of a Kill, or get a separate Calculation Algorithm?

Are you srs. Clutter screen? The new kill feed would be shorter. Our kill feed already has unecessary text and words that are long. If you didnt see avity's pic, that is 10x better than what we have today, and will cause less clutter. Its short and simple, unlike the long kill feed text we have right now.

JDC5
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby KARL SERG » 16 May 2016, 20:00

JDC5 wrote:
KARL SERG wrote:I agree with the Assist, but the Kill Feed thing could clutter the Screen with Images AND Text, whereas now we only have Text. Unlike FPS, even the Corners are important in PB2 (and maybe PB2,5 too).

Are you srs. Clutter screen? The new kill feed would be shorter. Our kill feed already has unecessary text and words that are long. If you didnt see avity's pic, that is 10x better than what we have today, and will cause less clutter. Its short and simple, unlike the long kill feed text we have right now.

I have yet to see how big it will be. The way I imagine it (in order to be visible), it would have to be too big.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby ustopable » 16 May 2016, 23:47

Assist- If this stat will lead a player somewhere then I would agree on your except that you didn't mention if it could increase his Rank, Player Points or If he could stil join in Top 100 if all he can get are assist. If the assist is just a design for your Profile then I don't like the idea.

Kill Feed- Ehh its ok I think but im ok with the long kill feed so dunno.
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Copy_ » 28 May 2016, 13:16

KARL SERG wrote:I have yet to see how big it will be. The way I imagine it (in order to be visible), it would have to be too big.

If it's to big, that would be bad. I don't think that it would have to be very big to be visible though.

Still if eric decides to implement it and it's to big for some, a simple scale function and a turn on/off button could help.

For the Assists.. I'm not quite sure. I don't know much about the ppp system, but maybe it could give a 1/3 of what a normal kill gives you? There would also be a "Kills" "Death's" and "Assists" counter in matches.
Copy_
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby coolmasterss_Wilder » 28 May 2016, 14:14

This Idea Really Good I Agree With it :o
coolmasterss_Wilder

Return to Feedback and Insights