New grenades,Including some attachments.

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

New grenades,Including some attachments.

Postby Professional Nerb » 27 January 2016, 06:34

Hello everyone. Today I will be telling you about grenades for 2.5 to advance gameplay in competitive. EMP Grenades which can disable Teleportation grenades,Shield grenades,And regular grenades. And hound walkers and the cars. Flashbangs,I'm pretty sure you already know what these do.But if you don't I'll tell you. They blind the person in 2 yardsticks in front of the flashbang. Incendiary grenades which most likely won't happen since he doesn't like flames. Signal grenades,Which if your playing tdm or dm or co-op it signals your teammates to come quickly and help you. Let's get down to attachments. How about a bayonet for some of the guns? Or maybe incendiary bullets or healing bullets? That if you shoot your teammate with healing bullets it heals them. But faster than regen system. How about a laser pointer on some weapons blind some of your opponent,making them shoot randomly and in any direction? Well goodnight guys have fun.

Professional Nerb
Recruit

Re: New grenades,Including some attachments.

Postby mingo1 » 27 January 2016, 06:58

Oh heck yeah, that signal grenade seems so epic.
These would all be excellent stuff to allow into the game, though similar to another topic, this stuff is too "modern."

Maybe putting the name Plasma in front of everything would work!

"Plasma signal grenade"
"Plasma flash bang"
etc etc.

Lol. We gotta make it futuristic to let it into the Plazma Burst universe. :P

Ultimately, I'm down with the thought of a ton of extra content in a new game / update like 2.5.

Nice ideas man.

With respect, insight, and choice,

...those are my thoughts.
mingo1
Administrator

Postby guest-electric fish » 27 January 2016, 13:14

this idea is brilliant,great and genius idea because many map makers would love to add in the grenades some attachments.
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby NNC » 27 January 2016, 20:33

EMP grenades seem to have a ridiculously limited use. No need to add an extra grenade type just for this.
Flashbang was discussed about 1.000.000 times already, and it was considered OP.
Signal grenades are useless when we have chat.
Bayonet is useless when we have swords.
Healing bullets already exist, ever had a defibrillator?
Laser pointer is basically same as flashbang.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby assasinguy » 27 January 2016, 20:39

That paragraph isn't nice to look at, you don't have to, but I'd really prefer if you structured your post differently and arranged it by idea. Anyways ... Here's what I think:

Flashbang grenades: No, the first problem is how annoying these would be in PB2, the second is lag, suddenly turning the screen to full white causes screen lag for some people, meaning that the flash effect could last longer than intended.

EMP grenades: Hm, this is interesting, I agree with allowing them to disable teleport grenades, shield grenades, and temporarily disable vehicles, but I don't see why they would affect a normal grenade. If vehicles are added into MP this could balance gameplay by acting as a countermeasure for foot soldiers to use.

Incendiary grenades: Since PB2.5 isn't going to have fire, (as far as I know), and you need good fire physics for incendiary grenades to be worth adding, this is an obvious no.

Signal grenades: This ... I like very much, to be honest your teammates probably wouldn't be able to make it to you in time to help, unless you're playing a very small map, but the signal would still help as your teammates would be given an idea of the enemy's position. For SP, these should attract AI-controlled allies to their position.

Bayonets: Nah, PSI swords work for melee combat in PB2, and I don't see why they need a replacement in 2.5 ... Ok now you're saying "But this is attached to the gun and quicker and easier to use", well, you can auto-switch to PSI swords by pressing 0 or scrolling on your mouse, which is pretty quick. The fact that it isn't instant allows for some balance which makes gun users slightly vulnerable at close range to players who don't have a gun.

Incendiary bullets: Pretty much what I said for incendiary grenades.

Healing bullets: Your HP bar regenerates automatically, and you have defibrillators already, so this isn't needed in most cases, however, it may be useful on maps where you have more than 1000HP, so I'm sort of for this idea. It would encourage teamplay and tactics and that's something I'd like to see.

Laser pointers: Yeah I'd love to see these, but I do not want an annoying blinding effect like in Battlefield, that's way too annoying. Just give some more guns a simple laser sight like the sniper rifle which helps with aiming.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby The Determined Frisk » 27 January 2016, 21:26

Hey everyone,Professional Nerb here. I didn't bring my laptop with me so I'm using my phone to do this. Alot of my topics got deleted so I'm showing them on this topic :(. But yeah New types of pistols like revolvers and silenced pistols from hit man. Revolver would use 4 shots to kill in the chest and 2 bullets for the head. Also syringer weapon when you only have a weapon. It has healing effects and poisoning effects and teammate effects (Teammate being where the shot person for 5 seconds to activate. But your enemy that you shot becomes your teammate and their teammates become enemies. But yeah alot of people wanted syringer weapon. Goodbye guys cya.

The Determined Frisk

Postby assasinguy » 27 January 2016, 22:08

I would think that a revolver kills with a headshot, and cripples, (puts enemy in a dying state), with an upper body shot, removes legs with a lower-body shot, it would be pretty powerful but with a slow rate of fire, one shot every two seconds or something.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby guest-electric fish » 27 January 2016, 22:13

assasinguy wrote:I would think that a revolver kills with a headshot, and cripples, (puts enemy in a dying state), with an upper body shot, removes legs with a lower-body shot, it would be pretty powerful but with a slow rate of fire, one shot every two seconds or something.

The same with you dear assassinguy but a revolver can shoot fast and it is useful and fun to kill like we are in the wild west
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby NNC » 27 January 2016, 22:23

This is slowly moving offtopic...

@The Determined Frisk
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=15615
They were not deleted, they were merged into 1 topic.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby The Determined Frisk » 28 January 2016, 23:43

Then were are they?

The Determined Frisk

Postby tehswordninja » 29 January 2016, 02:28

mingo1 wrote:Oh heck yeah, that signal grenade seems so epic.
These would all be excellent stuff to allow into the game, though similar to another topic, this stuff is too "modern."

Maybe putting the name Plasma in front of everything would work!

"Plasma signal grenade"
"Plasma flash bang"
etc etc.

Lol. We gotta make it futuristic to let it into the Plazma Burst universe. :P
...those are my thoughts.[/color]

Well, if something works really well, no point in making it better. Look at the bow.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Other attachments. Including ideas for campaign(2.5).

Postby Professional Nerb » 9 February 2016, 02:40

How about a tactical light or a laser pointer on some guns,of course it won't work on all guns like the CS-BNG.. But it would be nice if there was a attachment that would deploy a shield and you wouldn't be able to shoot or leave for 10 secs,but you can regain health and make a signal to your teammates to come help quickly. Most likely not needed but it would add those little details to the game that just gives a great gameplay.

2.5 :Campaign:2.5
Well it would be nice if we could choose sides,like the cs,falkok..etcetra. Also if there was a zombie type form in the game or a zombie type boss. Maybe like the flood from halo infected into a hound walker. That would look so cool! But yeah if we got like bosses for every 3 or 5 levels it would be nice. I wish Eric could add stuff like this. But he probably won't see this update ideas for 2.5 anyways. well cya guys have a good one!

Professional Nerb
Recruit

Return to Feedback and Insights