PB2 2.5 Competitive Mode [Mar 14, 2017]

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: PB2 2.5 Competitive Mode

Postby shadowstorm122 » 23 January 2016, 19:49

I see a few flaws in this idea silver...
5 minutes is way too long to wait to join another match 1-3 would be fine...
What if the player needs to leave the game?
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 23 January 2016, 19:52

silverteen11 wrote:When making a match in an approved map, you may select Competive: Yes/No.

Changes when playing Competitive Mode:
-You can only spectate teammates.
-If you leave the match when alive, you will have to wait 5 minutes to join again another competitive match.
-If wounded, or not touching the ground you cannot leave the game.
-Restarting & -kill is disabled.
-Only players of similar skill may join. (Matchmaking perhaps?)

Please post suggestions or ideas.

all theese ideas are very good but 5 mins is to much imo better 3 or 2 i think
about the similar skill is if you mean similar ppp for the rank is will take some time since there are not some many players with the same ppp.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby guest-electric fish » 23 January 2016, 20:03

Good idea but five minutes is too much time.put them two or three minutes.
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby the real slayer » 23 January 2016, 22:36

I don't find this as something necessary to be added tbh!

the real slayer

Postby assasinguy » 24 January 2016, 01:50

The part of your topic which stands out for me is matchmaking, this is something I think we actually need in PB2.5.

As for the rest of the effects of competitive mode, they're interesting, they do sound cool, I definitely agree with not allowing players to leave whilst dying, but dead players should be able to leave, a round can go on for quite long sometimes so it would annoy people to have to stick around.

Finally, as pretty much everyone else has already said, the waiting time should be 1-2 minutes, 5 is way too long.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby yi en » 24 January 2016, 08:00

silverteen11 wrote:-You can only spectate teammates.

hmm just like CS-GO? that will be good since the dead people wont tell his teammates where the opponent are.
silverteen11 wrote:-If you leave the match when alive, you will have to wait 5 minutes to join again another competitive match.

no 5 minutes. 1 minute should be enough.
silverteen11 wrote:-If wounded, or not touching the ground you cannot leave the game.

if wounded? yes. if not touching the ground? not really.
silverteen11 wrote:-Restarting & -kill is disabled.

o.....k, but the problem is this one will effective in mini games. the fighting maps are not really effective at least 1 v 1 and 1 of them spam reseting.
silverteen11 wrote:-Only players of similar skill may join. (Matchmaking perhaps?)

but I am prefer:
make it 2 rooms which can divide the newbies and pros. but in which kdr points as the marking point I dunno.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby assasinguy » 24 January 2016, 11:58

make it 2 rooms which can divide the newbies and pros. but in which kdr points as the marking point I dunno.

I'd say this is too vague, if we're going to add matchmaking it needs to be effective, maybe divide it into ranks, so if you're a Marine, you play with other Marines, if you're PROmoted, you play with other PROmoted people.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Silent Aurora » 24 January 2016, 16:22

assasinguy wrote:

I'd say this is too vague, if we're going to add matchmaking it needs to be effective, maybe divide it into ranks, so if you're a Marine, you play with other Marines, if you're PROmoted, you play with other PROmoted people.

Yeah but remember, ranks are based on KDR. So the matchmaking would be messed up. For example, someone with 40k kills and 1.3 kdr but has rank professional but is actually really good would be in a match full of people with lower skill level.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Re: PB2 2.5 Competitive Mode [Feb 18, 2017]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 6 March 2017, 20:01

Topic bumped under request of the topic owner.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Re: PB2 2.5 Competitive Mode [Feb 18, 2017]

Postby stormforce » 7 March 2017, 02:45

"Competitive" mode does not really need to be added. Don't have this become another Team Fortress 2 disaster. Ranked mode is fine. My idea is:

Ranked :
-No more Player Points, it takes too long and doesn't really make sense why it is there
-Death timer for respawn.
-For Coop:The number of matches won, and lost
-For Tdm/Dm, Overall Kda
-Kda ratio and your skill level will give you a rank and a badge, it will increase if you get a better Kd ratio or win more games.
Only spectate teammates, but you can select whether the camera moves where the player is looking, or where your cursor looks, because it would get annoying to not get to move your camera yourself.
-Have in-game chats, like "Enemy spotted", or "I am out of ammunition", to easily communicate with teammates.
-Also, if Eric Gurt can finish the Capture the Flag mode or Capture the Point, it would allow for interesting gameplay. -Remember the variables added? It is easy to make a money system now, perhaps in competitive, Coop mode would not just be over when all players die, there are multiple rounds, so let us say Match 1 Round 5. This way, you can make use of the money system or try different strategies with teammates.
-In Coop Mode, before the match starts, have a timer go down 5 or 10 seconds so the team can communicate.

-LeaderBoards : Player with best Kda ratio, player with most kills, player who has played and won the most Cooperative matches.
hi

stormforce
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: PB2 2.5 Competitive Mode [Mar 07, 2017]

Postby stormforce » 8 March 2017, 23:11

Why use the specific name "Competitive?" The name "Ranked" is fine.
Every single game I see with competitive, or a more serious ranked for that matter, has a extremely toxic community. If this were to be added to Plazma Burst 2.5, it would probably not end up well. There would be a lot of hate and toxicness in every game because people want a good rank, a good badge, etc.
hi

stormforce
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Dandamage » 10 March 2017, 01:54

I don't think there is anything bad about something being competitive. I mean, competition is a healthy thing and people sometimes have fun with it, even though they want to be better than someone else, that's how it is and it is not necessarily something bad.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby jdc55 » 14 March 2017, 11:00

Seems pretty awesome to me. The Ranked Playlist is dead and stupid anyway. I feel the community would be much happier if this was added instead of the dead Ranked system.
jdc55
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: PB2 2.5 Competitive Mode [Mar 14, 2017]

Postby master derk300 » 14 March 2017, 19:16

I recently started to play this ranked system and something that i dislike is that you have to wait weeks or moths to be in the top right now i have 0.31 pp and 3.8 predicted pp and getting +0.04 - +0.05 per day so literally I have to wait 90-100 days to get rank 1 lol ( also the ranked system is dead so really hard to get pp if nobody plays). I would prefer any new rank system than this one seriously...

master derk300
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Feedback and Insights