PB2.5 Bosses

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

PB2.5 Bosses

Postby Vs Me » 23 January 2016, 12:54

What about when we complete some levels in PB2.5 we can meet some bosses with allot of health.

So we can meet bosses each 5 levels .

I think the first boss might be Ultimate Corvette.

Vs Me

Re: PB2.5 Bosses

Postby ivan123bago » 23 January 2016, 13:08

take it easy when u want and idea
Spoiler: Show More
ivan123bago
Recruit

Postby darkstar 1 » 23 January 2016, 13:10

Yeah, was thinking about it too, a few hours ago I made a fan art robot boss :p

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Vs Me » 23 January 2016, 13:19

darkstar 1 wrote:Yeah, was thinking about it too, a few hours ago I made a fan art robot boss :p

Then go to still art

Vs Me

Postby assasinguy » 23 January 2016, 13:25

Yeah this would definitely give some structure to the campaign, PB2 has a few similar moments, like the Civil Security Boss, the Corvettes, and the BNG-wielding aliens, but more would definitely be cool to see.

Just consider this, will PB2.5 even have a new campaign? It's essentially a remake of PB2 so I'm not sure if it will, check Eric Gurt's Twitter.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby darkstar 1 » 23 January 2016, 13:40

assasinguy wrote:Yeah this would definitely give some structure to the campaign, PB2 has a few similar moments, like the Civil Security Boss, the Corvettes, and the BNG-wielding aliens, but more would definitely be cool to see.

Just consider this, will PB2.5 even have a new campaign? It's essentially a remake of PB2 so I'm not sure if it will, check Eric Gurt's Twitter.

I guess he will need to remake all the levels, and can add some extras like bosses to them... If he just copy the campains, he can still add some extras or some extra levels.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby assasinguy » 23 January 2016, 13:59

Yeah but I doubt we'll get that even.

ANYWAYS, back on topic, the most likely possibilities for bosses are super-strong vehicles or enemies. Vehicles would be interesting to see, here's some possible boss battles:
- A super-fast and strong car thing which tries to run you over in an arena with no cover, you have to jump over it to dodge its attacks.
- A super-strong Hound Walker in an arena with two towers either side of it and a no-mans land in the middle, so you have to use cover to your advantage and play tactically.
- A battle against a really strong Corvette in which you are underwater and the corvette is above the surface, you have to swim fast to dodge attacks.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby guest-electric fish » 23 January 2016, 14:29

I hate that idea.it isn't sonic or Mario games
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Vs Me » 23 January 2016, 14:55

guest-electric fish wrote:I hate that idea.it isn't sonic or Mario games

Are you kidding me? This is PB2 not sonic or mario

Vs Me

Postby ivan123bago » 23 January 2016, 15:04

Vs Me wrote:
guest-electric fish wrote:I hate that idea.it isn't sonic or Mario games

Are you kidding me? This is PB2 not sonic or mario

its not what you think.. it means bosses bowser and.... (i forgot the sonics enemy XP)
ivan123bago
Recruit

Postby shadowstorm122 » 23 January 2016, 18:24

Yeah, I think it would be cool to see bosses what are 3 times the size of average characters would be quite fun(the robot omega in FTTP was boring because all you had to do was drop a door on it...)
+1
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Silent Aurora » 23 January 2016, 18:39

Having some bosses would be a good addition. Like the boss in PB1.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby miroBG » 9 August 2018, 19:42

I agree. :D :) This will be good. I was always thinking about that. I love this. Alot of people will like this.
MEGA HEROES FOREVER

miroBG
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby ChazBurger » 9 August 2018, 20:01

A boss or two can be a good idea for PB2.5, and it could make it better than the first PB boss.
Now, I leave to Eric if he want to make a boss with health bar or just make like "5 weak points to kill the boss blah blah".
Now I wonder what kind of bosses will be.
For me it could be obviously vehicles, but it can also be huge aliens creatures if they are intelligent or not,
maybe even a human soldier. (Ridiculous if they had huge-ass health as a whale, but ok.)
In conclusion, I'm actually half positive and half negative about this idea.
Positive because the idea could be great and fixed the reputation of the first boss and last boss in PB FTTP.
But also negative because this idea is probably over-requested and make it alien for PB 2.5 and trouble for level editor. (tbh i think just made really bad negative point so try to correct me plz.)

You're welcome.
ChazBurger
Recruit

Postby LazyRain » 21 August 2018, 07:22

Vs Me wrote:What about when we complete some levels in PB2.5 we can meet some bosses with allot of health...

Well, bosses for the game actually is a good idea. However it shouldn't be just enemies with a lot of HP working as bullet sponge. It's also should have unique appearance and attacks and should be kind of a challenge for you and testing your skills. Not only for testing spam ability or inflammability of your pants.
But what kind of boss should we have? I suggest two types:
1) Vehicle type.
2) Humanoid type.

Speaking about the first type.

Vs Me wrote:...I think the first boss might be Ultimate Corvette.

assasinguy wrote:...ANYWAYS, back on topic, the most likely possibilities for bosses are super-strong vehicles or enemies. Vehicles would be interesting to see, here's some possible boss battles:
- A super-fast and strong car thing which tries to run you over in an arena with no cover, you have to jump over it to dodge its attacks.
- A super-strong Hound Walker in an arena with two towers either side of it and a no-mans land in the middle, so you have to use cover to your advantage and play tactically.
- A battle against a really strong Corvette in which you are underwater and the corvette is above the surface, you have to swim fast to dodge attacks.

Having different bosses for each type of vehicles is a good thing.
My thoughts about them.
- Vehicle bosses shouldn't be vulnerable to your attacks like Robot Omega. Instead of this they should have weak spots, which have set amount of HP. If it's not enough we should finish weakened vehicle using environment. Door, big grate, powerful mounted weapon or something.
- When you fight with bosses, environment on the arena should have special covers and obstacles with taking into account boss' weapons and abilities.
- Drones and Corvettes are the same things except size, so we don't need a Drone boss. However i'd like to see 2 Corvette bosses. The first will be an aircraft and the second will be a small submarine.
- It's not necessary for bosses to belong the same fraction as a prototype enemy.
- I guess you would like to meet another Robot Omega. Me too. But in my opinion it should be between those two types. Why? Well because in PB2.5 we will have option for scaling characters. So new Robot Omega should be a big character with special skin acting as smart AI.

Speaking about the second type.
In my opinion a boss character should have unique skin, 2 abilities similar to "Warp" and "Kinetic Module", 2-3 weapons, 6 grenades, boosters and high AI logic. Similar to the main protagonist. For example. A boss wearing suit of dark orange color with gray color parts. He has 2 abilities. The first is "Fire Shield" allowing him to full protect himself from rocket's explosions and plasma weapons. Other projectiles will do less damage. Other than that it can set everything around him on fire. The second is "Fire Beam" allowing him to damage and set on fire everything what isn't behind walls or objects on his sight. However this abilities consumes his Energy. He uses Napalm Grenades, Flamethrower and dual Rocket Pistols. Grenades scatters napalm on walls and objects around it after explosion. Pistols shoots mini rockets which can fly pretty far. He shouldn't have too many HP, because nobody want to fight with a boss for too long.

shadowstorm122 wrote:Yeah, I think it would be cool to see bosses what are 3 times the size of average characters would be quite fun....

I think it would be good to have character what are twice bigger then you and can use bigger weapons. However I'd like to see it as powerful enemy, not as single boss. Maybe both.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby maxim12 » 18 September 2018, 18:22

I think it would be cool.

Like the bosses have some powerfull special attack that you need to dodge, and like his health bar showing up to see how much HP's the boss have left, something like from Doom 2016.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Return to Feedback and Insights