PB 2.5 should have passive perks.

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

PB 2.5 should have passive perks.

Postby Worst Player » 19 January 2016, 20:55

In PB2 certain characters have different passives such as the android's light armor or the CS heavy's heavy armor, so what if PB2.5 had passive perks for overall gameplay?
They should of course have a minor effect in combat and not be overwhelming to be called overpowered or get nerfed.

Here are some perks as examples:

Rapid Recovery: "You regenerate health 0.75 seconds faster. Reaching 40% HP or below will cancel this perk for 15 seconds."
    Guardian SV2: "When you reach 20% HP or lower, a shield will be instantly deployed at your location. This shield will only block 1 bullet and breaks afterwards or in 3 seconds. 2 minute cooldown."
    Acrobatic combat: "You move 5% faster and the distance needed to take fall damage is a bit longer, however you're slightly weaker to knockback."

These examples aren't too strong and in certain combat conditions they would be useless such as the Guardian SV2's shield being useful if you're running away or against weapons with a cooldown such the sniper or rocket but useless against pistols, rifles, and shotguns as it only blocks 1 bullet.

Worst Player
Recruit

Re: PB 2.5 should have passive perks.

Postby guest-electric fish » 19 January 2016, 20:57

great idea my friend
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 19 January 2016, 21:20

yup i think its time to add Perks like in Raze 3
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 19 January 2016, 21:25

Those perks are already possible in pb2 right now.
1.health regens anyway it doesn't need to be faster cuz unfairness
2.you can just deploy a shield nade
3.Not exactly needed+could lead to unfairness
This is not sky9 guys... :l
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby assasinguy » 20 January 2016, 00:37

As shadow said these are already possible in PB2, but personally I'd like to see them as an official part of the game in 2.5, like the health and time warp bar, you could have an additional bar to show your active perk and its cooldown time.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby mingo1 » 20 January 2016, 08:11

There's a huge room open for more ideas such as the 3 you suggested, but going off of yours, I believe your intention was to make them balanced; you did a good job.

Again though, on the thought of balancing passive perks like this, there's a possibility that 1 will be OVERLY OP if Eric decides to give us a ton if this idea were to exist. Additionally, we will have to live with that until the next update. (Updates already come in gaps as Eric has demonstrated to us throughout the years. Heck, PB2.5 is considered an update, look how long that's taking.)

All in all, passive perks would spice up gunplay and strategy for Multiplayer AND Singleplayer.

+1 from me my friend.

With respect, insight, and choice,

...those are my thoughts.
mingo1
Administrator

Postby assasinguy » 20 January 2016, 13:50

We don't need a huge list of perks, honestly, 3 or 4 would be enough to make things interesting.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby TheGhostSniper » 21 January 2016, 14:37

assasinguy wrote:We don't need a huge list of perks, honestly, 3 or 4 would be enough to make things interesting.
What assasinguy said. Scrolling down a list of 24-12 perks can get boring. This isn't Raze 3 for us to have like 12+ perks.
Like assasinguy said, 3 to 4 perks would make the game more interesting and more fun, giving you your own perks to tweak. [Adding into this, maybe restrict usage of perks for guests?]
Riot Facts: #001
Riots can happen in every country, almost at any time. The police uses riot gear to protect themselves from damage, right?
Well, the riot shield might protect the riot police from molotov cocktails, rocks, etc..
But did you know that in most countries, riot shields are rated good against only pistol rounds?
So any caliber shot higher than 9mm. can break the shield, and can damage the wielder of the shield. For example, if someone were to fire a Barett .50cal at an riot police officer, it would break a part from the shield, and it would wound the police officer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Map Commisions..

Map Commisions are now CLOSED. Open the spoiler for progress.
Apocalypse (theghostsniper-apocalypse), commisioned by yi en. (9.5%)
Inversed Battlefield (theghostsniper-inversedbattlefield), commisioned by ustopable. (5.9%)
TheGhostSniper
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby the real slayer » 21 January 2016, 21:06

Perks don't fit this game if you ask me!

the real slayer

Postby Alica » 21 January 2016, 21:56

Wtf? Go play CallOfDuty Ghosts if you want your beloved perks!

the real slayer wrote:Perks don't fit this game if you ask me!

^That.

To be honest, i am fine with the idea AS LONG AS there is a maximum of three perks. Well, not more than four cause it would ruin everything. Already seeing the complains about "hack perks" and all the bullcrap.
One more subtopic would be the fairness between thus perks, if we really get perks (hating the word) then every single one should be balanced. There should not be major perks which give you an excessive amount of health or whatnot.

Also, you may be able to choose more than just one perk. (maximum 2)

That is it so far.
Alica
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby assasinguy » 21 January 2016, 22:34

Obviously if we have perks they'll have to be balanced and fair, I would say that to keep things simple, players should only be able to use one perk at a time. Or alternatively perks could work like power-ups in-game, like the armor or hp boost on Raze, you pick them up and get a little bit of help.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby Catacomb » 23 January 2016, 11:12

I like the ideas of adding perks. Depends on the game mode, though. I would like to see different ways to play the game, such as a speed based character, a tank, etc.
Catacomb
Recruit

Postby assasinguy » 23 January 2016, 11:20

The Android SLC-56, (I think that's what it's called), is already faster than any other character in COOP, and Civil Security Heavies are already slower, Ghosts can become invisible. These are some examples of character perks which already exist in PB2.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby maxim12 » 23 January 2016, 11:58

Maybe a editor to customise your own perk fro your character? Would be cool. Every player will customise what he wants.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby yi en » 24 January 2016, 07:43

hmm....powerups.
it may possible in triggers but for me that is too complex.
powerups may help, but only medkit or something else.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby assasinguy » 24 January 2016, 11:54

If we do get perks, they need to be absolutely basic, nothing too complex, to ensure that they're easy to balance against each other and not too overpowered.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby foxhunter_58reloaded » 25 January 2016, 19:55

So if we were to have perks, how would we activate them quickly. Like if you're running away(like a boss) and you need the shield perk RIGHT NOW as seen in chats. what would be the keys to use them?
foxhunter_58reloaded
Recruit

Postby LazyRain » 25 January 2016, 20:17

foxhunter_58reloaded wrote:So if we were to have perks, how would we activate them quickly. Like if you're running away(like a boss) and you need the shield perk RIGHT NOW as seen in chats. what would be the keys to use them?

Yes. Maybe perk menu? For example: [R] ---> [1] [2] [3] [4] If you have only perk, you just press [R].
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to Feedback and Insights