A few thing to mention for PB2.5.

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

A few thing to mention for PB2.5.

Postby maxim12 » 8 January 2016, 23:30

This is a idea update to fix the annoying things that PB2 had and avoid them in PB2.5 to make it a better game and more fun and less nervous.

FIx the goddamn re-spawning.
It's pretty obvious, I dont want to get spawn killed 10+ times in a row, just because the holy grail RNGesus always deciding me to put near gunfire, and i do not like it when the game is more random based than skill based.

Flying in slow-mo maps.
Anyone knows the obvious exploit in nyove-rocket? Yes, It's the flying glitch, eric said he wanted to fix it, but he didnt fixed this one, It's just one really big, and annoying exploit in this map, It ruins the gameplay overall. Nothing more than surprisingly receive rocket from above by someone using fly exploit and rocketing you from above, because I'm 100% sure most of them are worthless without it. I know i can use it too (And yes I'm terrible at it), but i preffer to play in the fair way, just move around the map, dodge and shoot rockets, and simnply play normaly without exploiting game mechanic bugs (It's not even fun, seriously).

Lag.
Yes, another VERY obvious thing. It's the LAAAG. Gosh how much I'm tired of it already, the amout of times i used to rage because of it, It's one of the main killing things in the game, i just HATE it when i shoot someone hundred times anly to see none of the shots that hit him did 0 damage to him, It's VERY VERY ANNOYING already.

Swords.
Another thing that looks brocken. When you go on some one sword 1 on 1 It's just about who will get more lucky to slice first. The one who has worse ping will most likely to get always more lucky, due to lag or who press X at the right time. Sword fighting mechanics needs to be changed/fixed.

PP/Player points.
Please get rid of the player points, and return back the previous system. Farmers can be dealt by simply IP banning them and deleting them from the leaderborads. Leaderboards should be accessible for ANYONE, not only for Ultra pros with ultra internet connection (Good ping.).
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: A few thing to mention for PB2.5.

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 8 January 2016, 23:54

Idk if this will make you happy..but. Since eric gave us kill logs, its possible for the kill system to come back.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 9 January 2016, 00:28

Green:I agree
Red:I disagree.
1.Eric could fix the respawning by making a player invincible for 5 secs(cant shoot guns)
2.anyone can do that.
3.The lag is nothing to do with Eric.
4.I think this should be worked on.
5.It would be nice to see daily leaderboards.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby maxim12 » 9 January 2016, 11:13

shadowstorm122 wrote:2.anyone can do that.

Newbies can do that? Nope.

What i know It gives you too much advantage against those who terrible at it or simply those who want to play normaly without exploiting game mechanic bugs.
Last edited by maxim12 on 9 January 2016, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Copy_ » 9 January 2016, 14:48

Flying won't exist in PB 2.5, don't worry. I agree with every point you've made except flying. Even though it's a glitch | exploit, you really need to be damn good at it to use it without dying and making kills with it. Flying exists in every Slow motion map and not just nyove-rocket. So many people are using it in Slow Motion, yet only a few can use it so that it really helps them. Well Rest assured, Flyers will be gone in PB 2.5. (But Jetpacks will exist, we don't know yet how they feel in comparison to Fly.)
The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.
- Lelouch vi Britannia
Copy_
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby maxim12 » 9 January 2016, 14:57

Copy_ wrote:Flying won't exist in PB 2.5, don't worry. I agree with every point you've made except flying. Even though it's a glitch | exploit, you really need to be damn good at it to use it without dying and making kills with it. Flying exists in every Slow motion map and not just nyove-rocket. So many people are using it in Slow Motion, yet only a few can use it so that it really helps them. Well Rest assured, Flyers will be gone in PB 2.5. (But Jetpacks will exist, we don't know yet how they feel in comparison to Fly.)

Yes i do know It's an exploit that can be done only slow-mo only maps (Not only nyove-rockets), but heck, the fly glitch should be fixed, flying should remain only with maps with jetpacks.

And thats the point of it, You must be damn good to use it. It's a huge advantage against newbies or players who are simply good without the game mechanic bug exploit, flying glitch ruining the experience, I know the game should not be too much "Newbie friendly" and i agree with that and I'm even against newbie friendly, want to be good? then be good. But not game mechanic bug exploit that even a good player cant preform it, you must be ultra MLG pro to use it, and thats why i say the fly glitch must be fixed.

Exploiting a game mechanic bug =/= skill.

Heck, if there would be a counter against that i would have nothing against flying, but there is no counter against them only that you by yourself using the game mechanic bug.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 9 January 2016, 15:20

maxim12 wrote:
Copy_ wrote:Flying won't exist in PB 2.5, don't worry. I agree with every point you've made except flying. Even though it's a glitch | exploit, you really need to be damn good at it to use it without dying and making kills with it. Flying exists in every Slow motion map and not just nyove-rocket. So many people are using it in Slow Motion, yet only a few can use it so that it really helps them. Well Rest assured, Flyers will be gone in PB 2.5. (But Jetpacks will exist, we don't know yet how they feel in comparison to Fly.)

Yes i do know It's an exploit that can be done only slow-mo only maps (Not only nyove-rockets), but heck, the fly glitch should be fixed, flying should remain only with maps with jetpacks.

And thats the point of it, You must be damn good to use it. It's a huge advantage against newbies or players who are simply good without the game mechanic bug exploit, flying glitch ruining the experience, I know the game should not be too much "Newbie friendly" and i agree with that and I'm even against newbie friendly, want to be good? then be good. But not game mechanic bug exploit that even a good player cant preform it, you must be ultra MLG pro to use it, and thats why i say the fly glitch must be fixed.

Heck, if there would be a counter against that i would have nothing against flying, but there is no counter against them only that you by yourself using the game mechanic bug.

People could fly using guns in the past. Even in 2011, very an itty bitty portion of pb2 knew how to fly or selfboost. around 500 players, and the rest about 300,000+ didnt know how to fly. ah the days when you use your head and fight head on..

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Copy_ » 9 January 2016, 15:37

maxim12 wrote:

I agree with everything you've said. Though there's one thing: There is a counter to fly. Yeah, you may not believe me but there really is. Once there was a player in nyove-rocket, his name was "Vigor", he was freaking good at rockets. As you may know, i'm a flyer myself. 60% of the time that I tried to kill him with fly, he simply shot me. Yep, he knew I was coming from above (One thing you gotta do against a flyer is always watch the sky, lol.) and shot me before I could shoot him. And that guy did never fly, like never. So I came up with an conclusion: Fly can be countered, if you've got enough experience playing with them and are able to predict they're movements. <- While this may not be a perfect solution, it's the only one possible since flying won't be fixed until PB 2.5 (I'm sure he won't fix it after 5 years).

It would've been nice to have an option when creating an slow-motion map: "enable fly" and "disable fly" - This way every person would've been considered when it comes to slow-motion: people who want to fly, and people who do not want to fly and/or fight against them.

Now that flying won't exist anymore in PB 2.5, while this may make many people happy, about as many people will find it a bad change. Flying maps will be useless, the flying "skill" you've gathered will vanish into thin air and some might even quit because of it. - I think the thing I mentioned before with "enable fly" "disable fly" would have been nice in PB2.5, since Jetpacks will most likely not feel like fly in PB2 at all.
The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.
- Lelouch vi Britannia
Copy_
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 9 January 2016, 16:18

Copy_+ I think its possible for eric to put a booster under characters feet. Its like a jetpack, but you control where your going, its easier.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby NNC » 9 January 2016, 19:13

> FIx the goddamn re-spawning
Not much can be done with spawns in those microscopical maps you guys usually play.

> Flying in slow-mo maps
At which point it became obvious?.. You sure wasted no time typing unnecessary sentences filled with rage.
Pretty sure that Eric did say something like "flying wouldn't be possible with PB2.5 engine", so there's nothing to worry about.

> Lag
Such complaints are completely useless, as the only way to decrease this type of lag is to give everyone a 1337 Mb/s internet connection. PB2 isn't at fault here.

> Swords
What else to expect from standart low health and OP close range weapon? It's supposed to take skill to kill someone with it and not die. But I guess things which require skill are considered negative by the majority of players nowadays. And I'll say this for once again, lag is not PB2's problem.

> PP/Player points.
Well, since the kill logs were made public, it should be easier to catch farmers. Though I still don't think that KDr is reliable enough for such top lists. It isn't that hard to get 50+ KDr via camping at maps such as aslang-fightforthebase. Need to think more about possible ranking systems.

shadowstorm122 wrote:Eric could fix the respawning by making a player invincible for 5 secs(cant shoot guns)
1. He may attempt to slice the enemy which couldn't even shoot back.
2. In case of invincibility, it'd be necessary to make bullets fly through him, otherwise he'd be a nice meat shield.
3. Invincibility needs to somehow be made obvious, otherwise people wouldn't understand what's going on.
4. etc, there are many things to think about

maxim12 wrote:flying a huge advantage against newbies
So is everything which requires some skill or game/map knowledge, which newbies might not have. (Also, did anyone mentioned selfboosting yet?)

maxim12 wrote:Exploiting a game mechanic bug =/= skill.
BS, using some glitches can easily require few times more skill than regular fighting.

Copy_ wrote:Now that flying won't exist anymore in PB 2.5 [...] Flying maps will be useless, [...] some might even quit because of it
That's the problem of all glitch-specific maps - they may become nothing at any day. Also, if someone would quit because of a since glitch got fixed, I would laugh my ass off.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby assasinguy » 9 January 2016, 20:49

1: Fair enough, some sort of spawn system which "knows" where the action is and spawns you safely away from it.

2: You're pretty much complaining about that one map, also you do have the option to use the flying glitch yourself and level the playing field.

3: I am hoping we'll get better servers for 2.5, but there are things you can do to avoid lag or prevent laggers joining your match, and they do work.

4: I agree, sword fights are pretty much just luck.

5: We all know PP is pretty broken, so I agree.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Feedback and Insights