Clouds for PB2.5

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Clouds for PB2.5

Postby darkstar 1 » 28 November 2015, 12:55

Clouds: When you are too high (with jetpack or selfboost,...), there will appear a lot of clouds who make it difficult to see.

Fog: You cant see anything, except a little area around the player. The sight of characters will become bad too.
Something like this --> http://i.imgur.com/BGOHfV9.png

Smoke: Clouds of smoke caused by vehicles/machines who disable the snipers lazer pointer.

I would like to see such things in PB2.5 ^_^
Last edited by darkstar 1 on 28 November 2015, 22:36, edited 2 times in total.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Re: Clouds for PB2.5

Postby Silent Aurora » 28 November 2015, 13:33

Those would be some nice additions to the game, would be interesting to play in that kind of environment.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby NNC » 28 November 2015, 15:04

Fog is already implemented in form of the default camera zoom - one can't see more than 2 meters around him.

As for the other ideas, they don't feel necessary. I would go nutz if I would see clouds in a space-themed map. Smoke just looks too minor, but I guess it wouldn't hurt.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby darkstar 1 » 28 November 2015, 16:01

NNC wrote:Fog is already implemented in form of the default camera zoom - one can't see more than 2 meters around him.

As for the other ideas, they don't feel necessary. I would go nutz if I would see clouds in a space-themed map. Smoke just looks too minor, but I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Yes, but snow wasn't necessary too... and maybe its possible to make it in trigger/engine mark form

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Silent Aurora » 28 November 2015, 16:25

NNC wrote:I would go nutz if I would see clouds in a space-themed map. Smoke just looks too minor

Pretty sure the cloud option can either be an engine mark or trigger so the map maker decides if he/she want to include clouds or not.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Sniper J » 28 November 2015, 17:54

I would like to see this, it would give the game more realism.

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby assasinguy » 29 November 2015, 17:16

I think somebody else said this too, but I'd like to see this implemented as an engine mark with triggers which alter the way it looks using parameters such as colour and density so you can create light clouds which look quite nice or thick fog which obscures your enemies and creates a mysterious/tense environment.

An issue with this idea would be lag, I'm thinking "Let's just have an option to turn it off" but in a map which uses it a lot, (maybe a horror map with dense fog and enemies jump-scaring you), this would affect the gameplay too much, so maybe it should be on as a default. I guess you'd just have to be careful of which maps you play if you lag a lot.

Basically, I love this idea, definitely +1
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Feedback and Insights