Perks and abilities. (For PB2.5)

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Perks and abilities. (For PB2.5)

Postby maxim12 » 24 October 2015, 15:08

Well i want to introduce is skills and perks for multiplayer.

You may start off saying "It's already done with triggers!" but the main idea is allowing them to use in Ranked and Unranked matches. Since if map contains trigger that changes player health or etc, it wont and never get approved.

Second it will enrich PB2.5 gameplay and make it more fun speciality Ranked and Unranked matches.

Also, the perks and abilities will also be avaiable for Singleplayer, AI charatcers will also have perks and abilities, and they will able to use their abilities. In the map editor you can give to AI characters or the players perks and abilities.

In Ranked/Unranked players always

The point of the idea is to simply make each player look unique, no only in their skin, blood color, nickname, armor type, basicaly their look, but also their strong points and their abilities.

Note: All players can choose only ONE ability and only ONE perk.

In the map editor you can give to AI Characters or the player more than ONE perk and ONE ability, but by default, player can choose only ONE ability and ONE perk in the actual Skin desing for multiplayer or when playing the campaign in singleplayer.

When creating a match, you have 3 Options that works on all match types; Ranked, Unranked, and custom maps:
1. Enabled - Players will have their perks that they choose in profile edit, and use their abilities that they have choosen. AI characters will have their own Perks and abilities that has been setup by the map creator of the map.
2. Disabled - Completely disabled, no matter if the map It-self contains perks and abilities.
3. Map settings - Enables perks and abilities, but It dependant on the map. what Abilities/Perks that the map creator give to the characters (Both AI and human controled.).

So lets start introducing:

Abilities. - Abilities are Turn-able On/Off, when you turn them on they start to drain your energy that is shown in the picture below:

(Yes, so basicaly the energy bar for Slow-mo will also show up in Multiplayer.)

Each ability will have different energy draining, meaning Ability X will drain alot of energy per second for example, while ability Y will not drain that much of energy like ability X does.

Note that slow-down time ability is NOT avaiable for multiplayer.

Here is the list of abilities you can choose for MP.

1. CS-Nano shield "S" - A Bubble shield will appear protecting by completely neutralising enemy shots, remember when the shield is active, it drains energy. Every shot that the shield absorbs, it drains more energy, depends on the amount of damage the shot does to the player. Completely absorbs splash damage, splash damage will not drain energy if being absorbed by shield.
Description: "Developed by civil security. The small version of the Nanoshield. due to It's being compact and not enough relatively strong, It's mainly equiped in infantry forces. There are other versions of Nano shields, "M" version which is equiped on small Air crafts and vehicles, "L" Version which is equiped on heavy vehicles such as the Walker or armored tank vehicles. Aswell as XL version which installs on large space planetary-travel ships. Found on Civil secuirty bosses."

2. CS-Cloacker - Makes you invisible, does not absorbs shots or anything when you're have been hit by enemy. activating invisibility drains your energy, while taking a shot from enemy will drain away 50 of your energy (Meaning 2 hits will decloak you.)
Description: "Developed by Civil security forces. mainly used for light infantry which speciality named as Civil security ghost that has been taken the assightment on infiltrating enemy bases and for spec ops operations."

3. Weapon Ampfiler - Makes your suit to spread energy on any weapon you carry, increasing their damage per shot. Drains energy when active.
Description: "Developed by the usurpation forces. Due to usurpaion high and advanced technologies, they are capable of creating powerfull weaponary. due to high knowledge in weaponary technology, they created the Weapon Ampfiler to aid their powerfull weaponary with some more extra damage."

4. Quantinum sphere - Everyone who gets closer to you becames weaker, slower health regeneration, and slightly slower speed, smaller jump height, and increased recoil.
Description: "Falkokian technology. The falkokians found a planet with a life form called grubs, they taken the grubs life form and installed on them this new genetic module. Creating a new prototype to aid their forces, aswell as a support unit that will weaken their enemyes who gets in range of it."

5. Advanced bio injection - Imedietaly restores 35% of your health to your health. Imedietaly drains 25 points of your energy after use, also regenerates brocken limbs back, can save you from dying status (When you are low on HP's, and your health slowly drains down to 0.)
Description: "Developed by the Rebels. Rebels are highly advanced in bio technologies, they know when they get underfire they get injured, they do know if someone loses a limb he is screwed, so they created the Advanced bio injection that will aid them in that situation."

Perks. - Perks are passive abilities, means they are always active, does not use energy.

1. Bullet proof armor X version - Reduces damage from incoming shots, makes you more seasoned for shots, any shot hit you will compensate their push power, so any shot hit you
Description: "Developed by civil security. Mainly used on civil security's stormtroopers which nicknamed as Civil secuiryt heavy, they are created for making bold assaults."

2. Bullet proof armor V version - Removes headshot damage when being hit on the head, reduces the chance of losing a limb completely (NOTE: does not mean if a door squishes them they wont get cut by half or into body pieces.), also removes limb damage (Like headshot damage, but on other limbs.).
Description: "A Head proof armor. They do know that head and body parts are weak places, this armor protects those parts, thus they sure they have less risk of losing a body part or having enemy shots pricise though their brains."

3. Bio armor - Increased health. Reduced damage fall, removes (Yes, removes, not reduces.) the chance of losing a limb.
Description: "An more later technology of the rebels after the Advanced bio injection. Special armor that power ups humans biological body, makes all organs and limbs more solid. Thus, more resistant to falling from high heights, more resistant to damage when hitting a wall, aswell as a boost to body adrenaline that will allow your body to take more shots."

4. Advanced energy capacity - Increases energy regeneration rate, allows to cast your choosen ability more commonly, also reduces the energy drain of your ability.
Description: "Produced by usurpation race. they do know that to use their technology is pretty expencive in terms of energy usage, so they created the Advanced energy capacity to use their technologies for a longer time, and wait less time untill the energy will regenerate, to use their technologies more commonly."

5. High reflexes - Note: This is a replacemnt for Slow-down time ability in single player, this is the Multiplayer version implented as a replacement for Slow-down time ability, as a perk instead of ability. This version can be used in singleplayer, but you can put that to the player or AI's only via the map editor, as choice when customising your hero character of the campaign, you cannot choose this perk, only It's slow-down time equivalent.
So, basicaly It gives the chance of reflecting shots when you slice with swords.
Description: "Rebels technology. Putting special injections on any recruit that joins the rebel's army. thus increasing their skill reflexes."

The balance on Perks and abilities (Their values, how much energy each ability will drain, the value bonus the Perks give, etc.).

So you basicaly have 5 abilities to choose and 5 perks to choose, that can be used in: Singleplayer, Ranked/Unranked matches, Custom maps multiplayer, User-made custom singleplayer maps. they can be used in any gamemode: DM, TDM, Co-op, CTF, and any other gamemode that Eric will implent to PB2.5.
Last edited by maxim12 on 24 October 2015, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Perks and abilities. (For PB2.5)

Postby Ghostehz » 24 October 2015, 16:02

I kinda believe this is way too OP for anyone to use. Bad enough the game is filled with campers, teamers, etc.

Last thing we should do is enrich their gameplay for them.

Credits to Flame99999.
Ghostehz
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby maxim12 » 24 October 2015, 16:13

Ghostehz wrote:I kinda believe this is way too OP for anyone to use. Bad enough the game is filled with campers, teamers, etc.

If It's too OP, Eric can balance them.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Ghostehz » 24 October 2015, 16:14

maxim12 wrote:
Ghostehz wrote:I kinda believe this is way too OP for anyone to use. Bad enough the game is filled with campers, teamers, etc.

How do you propose these can be balanced?

I'm not trying to put a damper on your idea lol but I'm just curious

Credits to Flame99999.
Ghostehz
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby maxim12 » 24 October 2015, 17:01

Ghostehz wrote:
maxim12 wrote:

How do you propose these can be balanced?

I'm not trying to put a damper on your idea lol but I'm just curious

If he find it out that he cant balance it, he can just simply not implent it to PB2.5.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby assasinguy » 24 October 2015, 17:15

If these perks can be implemented into a truly balanced system, I'm all for this idea, but to be honest I don't think that's possible. Maybe some of them could be available on unranked matches where they don't need to be fair. Maps like gunshops or bases.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Krutz » 24 October 2015, 18:14

i personally think pb2 should stay rather simplistic

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby KARL SERG » 24 October 2015, 20:02

I love these Ideas, but they don't fit PB2. The Players are supposed to have Equal Chances and Parameters (it's not fully True, but it's good enough).

They don't fit the Game, unfortunately. :(
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby NNC » 24 October 2015, 22:29

Weapon Ampfiler + Advanced energy capacity = overkill

People have said this like billion times, such perks and abilities would kill the balance. No matter how much would someone try to make them as equal as possible, there'd be always something to screw things up.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Silent Aurora » 25 October 2015, 17:09

Krutz wrote:i personally think pb2 should stay rather simplistic

^ Why I am not fond with the idea of perks.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Wfrg » 28 June 2016, 23:01

I can't wait for 2.5, but perks and abilities just wouldn't work out, y'know? it would completely kill the balanced gameplay. I think it would be a good idea to add it as an optional feature, so people know.

Wfrg
Recruit

Postby tehswordninja » 29 June 2016, 02:54

Wfrg wrote:I can't wait for 2.5, but perks and abilities just wouldn't work out, y'know? it would completely kill the balanced gameplay. I think it would be a good idea to add it as an optional feature, so people know.

Please, do not nercopost. Topic locked.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Return to Feedback and Insights