An fix to a exploit that should be added to PB2.5.

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Would you like all this to be fixed?

Yes!
36%
Yes!
36%
No. (Explain why.)
14%
No. (Explain why.)
14%

Total votes : 42

Re: An fix to a exploit that should be added to PB2.5.

Postby KARL SERG » 24 October 2015, 12:59

maxim12 wrote:
KARL SERG wrote:*Large quote*

Dont forget also that "Sci-fi" is not "Fantastic". "Fantastic" and "Sci-fi" are 2 different genres. they think that because the game is "Sci-fi" it should not be realistic in some points, sci-fi is basicaly high techy stuff, but realism still remains at some point. Well but Fantastic is something Unrealistic, e.g magic's, instant weapon switching, etc.

Sci-fi - Based on Futuristic and techy stuff, but realistic.

Fantasy - Based on things that will never happen. e.g magics, god powers, etc.

Magic can exist in Sci-Fi too as a form of Energy controlled through the help of certain Objects (Wand or Staff-like). or by certain Creatures which have the Energy Manipulation capability in their Genes.

This, however, doesn't mean that Fast-switching should still remain.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Krutz » 24 October 2015, 13:39

NNC wrote:I hope you understand that such average values don't matter in actual combat.

they most definitely do matter in combat because they determine which weapon deals more damage per unit time

NNC wrote:Not when there are many enemies which have to be killed quickly. There'd be no enough time to wait for sniper rifle's reloading process.

this is true. however, perhaps you misunderstood, i meant a player wielding a sniper rifle would kill someone wielding an assault rifle/shotgun theoretically much, much faster, than the player wielding the assault rifle/shotgun to the player with the sniper rifle (in hp pools <275)

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby reject » 24 October 2015, 14:32

no. what happens when you spawn in, find a gun, and get shot because you cant fire back in time? this area of the game is fine imo.
I like grapes.

reject
Recruit

Postby maxim12 » 24 October 2015, 14:49

reject wrote:no. what happens when you spawn in, find a gun, and get shot because you cant fire back in time? this area of the game is fine imo.

You pick-up weapons very quickly.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Hikarikaze » 24 October 2015, 19:24

I agree with at least adding an animation to weapon switching - just because this game is science fiction doesn't mean it has to disregard realism at all, especially when there's several aspects of realism in the game already. Nothing wrong in making the game a little bit more realistic.

It doesn't really make sense to just have a weapon literally appear in your hands without doing anything either, unless PB2 is some Destiny-esque game where you can teleport literally anything you desire because screw logic.

Arc_ wrote:If you're complaining about realism, explain how an individual carries 9 weapons at the same time?

It's possible even today, believe it or not. You can carry an assortment of weapons but the weight will be such a killer after a certain amount of time and maneuverability won't be as much as opposed to carrying only one weapon.

In short, 9 weapons, depending on what you carry, will hurt like hell after some time and make you move slower irl, but in PB2 and even sci-fi as a whole, there's a broad variety of explanations and applicable concepts that can make such a thing possible, e.g exosuits, genetic enhancements, etc.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby tehswordninja » 24 October 2015, 20:44

Yes, please. Sick of the alien rifle/shotgun exploit.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Silent Aurora » 24 October 2015, 21:18

tehswordninja wrote:Yes, please. Sick of the alien rifle/shotgun exploit.

More of a strategy than exploit. Takes skill and timing to do it.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby NNC » 24 October 2015, 22:01

maxim12 wrote:It's an idea to fix an exploit or how NNC likes to call his favorite crutch "Tactic".
And then you call me a troll, after all of your troll actions?

maxim12 wrote:It's that because i complain because "Unrealistic!" or "I cant beat this!", It's just simply looks really weird exploit.
Can you rephrase this? I don't understand what you wanted to say.
And I'll say this again: "i cant beat this" phrase was addressed to another user. It's strange that it hurts you so much.

maxim12 wrote:I know Cheating is allowed, but then why we have that cheat feature that can be open by pressing enter? so the slice exploit should be fixed.
It's either poor translation or logic went down the toilet.

maxim12 wrote:
reject wrote:no. what happens when you spawn in, find a gun, and get shot because you cant fire back in time? this area of the game is fine imo.

You pick-up weapons very quickly.
... then what's the point of adding extra animations if they wouldn't actually change anything at all?
~~~~
NNC

Postby maxim12 » 24 October 2015, 22:21

NNC wrote:And then you call me a troll, after all of your troll actions?

It's a fact. You dont want the exploit to be removed because you simply cant kill without it, yet you dont understand or read what we are saying why the exploit should be fixed/Removed.

NNC wrote:It's either poor translation or logic went down the toilet.

... Rapid slicing bug should be fixed because if we want to cheat we should just press enter and type the cheat.

NNC wrote:... then what's the point of adding extra animations if they wouldn't actually change anything at all?

... You cant shoot and switch at the same time. I do not mean very quick by instantly, Just very quick, but only when you pick a weapon, when you throw and take another gun it will take longer.

Silent Aurora wrote:More of a strategy than exploit. Takes skill and timing to do it.

I just like how people say "It's strategy, not exploit!". No you're wrong, It's a exploit. Tell me how a soldier can switch weapons and fire at the target at the same time, sounds logical for you? How the hell It's labelled as strategy?

KARL SERG wrote:Magic can exist in Sci-Fi too as a form of Energy controlled through the help of certain Objects (Wand or Staff-like). or by certain Creatures which have the Energy Manipulation capability in their Genes.

This, however, doesn't mean that Fast-switching should still remain.

The reason why It's not magic.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Silent Aurora » 24 October 2015, 22:33

maxim12 wrote:I just like how people say "It's strategy, not exploit!". No you're wrong, It's a exploit. Tell me how a soldier can switch weapons and fire at the target at the same time, sounds logical for you? How the hell It's labelled as strategy?

PlazmaBurst 2 is set out in the future, anything is possible. Its not modern day where it takes time to switch weapons and it doesn't need an animation to stimulate that.

It doenst need to be realistic otherwise pb2 would just be a 2d version cod.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby tehswordninja » 25 October 2015, 00:49

I honestly don't like the super quick weapon switching.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby NNC » 25 October 2015, 01:14

maxim12 wrote:It's a fact. You dont want the exploit to be removed because you simply cant kill without it, yet you dont understand or read what we are saying why the exploit should be fixed/Removed.
"How to post": look in the mirror, remember all the bad things you have seen, then write them addressing to me.

Will you ever understand that not everything should necessarily be realistic? Will you ever understand that sometimes it's necessary to go against realism just to make gameplay not suck? You seem to ignore all of our attempts to make you understand that. I'm not reffering to Time Warp + swords issue in particular, but your logic in general.

maxim12 wrote:Rapid slicing bug should be fixed because if we want to cheat we should just press enter and type the cheat.
... How are these 2 phrases ("Rapid slicing bug should be fixed" and "if we want to cheat we should just press enter and type the cheat") connected to each other?

maxim12 wrote:No you're wrong, It's a exploit
No you're wrong, it's a tactic
Not sure if there's something else to reply.

maxim12 wrote:Tell me how a soldier can switch weapons and fire at the target at the same time
He doesn't do that, that's the point. Fire, switch, repeat. How is that not logical?
~~~~
NNC

Postby o_Sniper_o » 25 October 2015, 05:22

Alien blaster and alien shotgun with the Q exploit is OP. Penetration and spread with the speed of a rifle.
o_Sniper_o
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby ugive10k » 25 October 2015, 07:39

I think the instant weapon switching (teleporting guns in/out or your hands) can be dismissed as the same technology that powers telenades.

Self-boosting? Rubbing your energy swords together creates a magnetic field in front of your character that pulls the exo-suit towrds it.

Rocket/BNG boosting? Shouldn't have to explain it, It's just physics...

Dropping two rocket launchers on the ground and cycling through them? I guess the telenade theory holds up for that one as well.

Carrying 9 weapons? Exo-suit.

Anything else your complaining about that I missed, reply to me about... I'm just giving an explanation for all this to the best of my ability...

-Ugive10k

ugive10k
Recruit

Postby o_Sniper_o » 25 October 2015, 08:05

Its not really about realism, its about balance m8.
o_Sniper_o
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby KARL SERG » 25 October 2015, 09:00

o_Sniper_o wrote:Its not really about realism, its about balance m8.

True, but fast Gun switching can be annoying if People abuse it. It's similar to Flying, but more easily to explain.
KARL SERG

Postby Arc_ » 25 October 2015, 09:17

Regardless of realism or not, we should just add some animations.
Picking up weapons quickly can be shown as using your kinectic module with enough speed for it to just 'appear' in your hand.
Getting weapons from your back could have 'teleportation' animations.
Or just add some normal pick up animations.

We could just use engine marks to disable/enable the animations.
i.e "Engine mark to enable instant weapon draw animations"
"Engine mark to enable delayed weapon draw animations"
(These two are different animations)
"Disable weapondraw animations"

Also: +1 Mancrew's idea: enginemarks (as I said here) and lighter weapons get quicker draws.
Last edited by Arc_ on 25 October 2015, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.

Arc_
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby KARL SERG » 25 October 2015, 09:24

No. These are supposed to prevent the People from fast-switching Guns and it should be General, not Particular.

Teleportation of Guns in Hand is already too much. The Soldier wouldn't be doing anything.
KARL SERG

Postby o_Sniper_o » 25 October 2015, 11:48

KARL SERG wrote:
o_Sniper_o wrote:Its not really about realism, its about balance m8.

True, but fast Gun switching can be annoying if People abuse it. It's similar to Flying, but more easily to explain.

-Thats what I'm saying. Maybe a little "grab over the shoulder" animation for switching guns, and as @Arc_ said, an animation for picking up guns too.

It'll probably have more prevalence if there's some sort of anti-spam feature for guns in PB2.5
Why wait the cooldown unarmed, switch to a secondary weapon.
o_Sniper_o
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby CritiKill » 26 October 2015, 01:35

Arc_ wrote:If you're complaining about realism, explain how an individual carries 9 weapons at the same time?

This is true.
CritiKill
Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback and Insights