An fix to a exploit that should be added to PB2.5.

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Would you like all this to be fixed?

Yes!
36%
Yes!
36%
No. (Explain why.)
14%
No. (Explain why.)
14%

Total votes : 42

Re: An fix to a exploit that should be added to PB2.5.

Postby wreak » 26 October 2015, 01:43

I don't want the weapon alternation to be removed for PB2.5 since its a really good tactic and would make PB2.5 harder to master. 2.5 is already hard enough to get use to the special graphics.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby NNC » 26 October 2015, 03:57

@CritiKill
Now read some messages after that one, and you'll see it can be explained easily.

(Just an example of how random people show up to support random ideas)

@wreak
"I like to abuse it, don't remove it"
Also, you better not judge a game if you have not played it yet.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Silent Aurora » 27 October 2015, 21:14

Walian11 wrote:Hallo hhh

dont free post
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby wreak » 27 October 2015, 22:04

NNC wrote:@CritiKill
Now read some messages after that one, and you'll see it can be explained easily.

(Just an example of how random people show up to support random ideas)

@wreak
"I like to abuse it, don't remove it"
Also, you better not judge a game if you have not played it yet.

How can you say I abuse it when I can only use it for certain matches? Also, 2.5 is basically just pb2 but better graphics and a few more fetures or so I am tolled.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Silent Aurora » 28 October 2015, 17:05

Theres no legit way how it can be 'abused'. You get killed much easier, isn't that the point of the game?
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Krutz » 29 October 2015, 00:05

Silent Aurora wrote:Theres no legit way how it can be 'abused'. You get killed much easier, isn't that the point of the game?

not sure what the antecedent of "it" was in your sentence

the exploit (barraging) can be abused technically, but "abusable" is something i would relate more/label more to the feature (instant swapping)

so in short, yes they can both (both being exploit + game feature) be abused

Krutz

Postby __init__ » 29 October 2015, 09:58

We're seriously using sci-fi realism to dismiss balance problems in a videogame?
I am going to put this thread on my shoulders and take it back on topic.

@NNC
There's some huge design and balance issues with this.
To try and prove my point, I'll use the sniper as an example.

Beyond the fact that it's obviously designed for high damage on a single target at long range, it's also pretty good by itself up close. Of course, it's normally bad to run into a group of 3 guys with only a sniper rifle if they've all got, say, AR's. But if you have a sniper *and* an AR, you can easily switch to your sniper, instantly kill the most dangerous looking guy, and switch back to your AR to clean up the other two. Normally in games like this, there's a delay involved here. Equipping it before you can fire, and switching after you fire.

In PB2 there is not. If you've practiced this for a while, you can be shooting your assault rifle, then switch to your sniper and fire for a kill in less time than it takes your rifle to 're-arm' between shots. This is made stupidly easy to preform with mouse macros and is compounded by the bottomless clips in this game.

You can turn a 3v1 into a 1v1 fast, and if you miss your shot there's absolutely no penalty. No delay, no ammo, nothing. There is absolutely no reason to use a shotgun instead of a sniper rifle as long as you have another gun to switch off to, and I'd like to hear if there was.

It turns 4-lmb-2 into an instawin button, and that's not even considering using it in combination with similar weapons.
The lack of a switch-delay turns the more skill-based weapons in this game into something that functions similar to Quake and Doom's super shotgun. It's very, very broken.

IMO, at the very least, weapons with high burst damage (most shotguns, the sniper, launchers, etc.) should have a short un/equip delay of less than a second in PB 2.5. This *would* help.

There's also some glaring abuse problems with this. I could use the software that my mouse came packaged with to let me fire every single weapon I have at once. I could make this in under a minute without modifying any of the games files and I could toggle it on and off with a single tap.

This would be considered hacking and get me banned. (don't do this btw)

But maybe you're right and I'm missing something. I'd like to hear logic in this thread that is more meaningful than "Exosuits!" or "Teleporters!".

__init__

Postby NNC » 29 October 2015, 12:12

I have never tried to "dismiss balance problems", I just wanted to see an adequate response (instead of usual raging) from topic starter.

I understand that quick switch IS a balance issue, but I'm not sure about how to get rid of it. Delays between switching to another weapon seem nice, but these may look like a glitch/bug when poorly implemented...

__init__ wrote:if you miss your shot there's absolutely no penalty. No delay, no ammo, nothing.
How about reloading/recharging time? The more time someone waste, the more time his enemies have. In case of judging 1v3 results, nobody seem to think that enemies can shoot too.
~~~~
NNC

Postby __init__ » 29 October 2015, 22:28

NNC wrote:I have never tried to "dismiss balance problems", I just wanted to see an adequate response (instead of usual raging) from topic starter.

I know, it just seems like other people in this thread are trying to argue this should be kept in because of teleporters/exosuits/whatever instead of game play.

NNC wrote:I understand that quick switch IS a balance issue, but I'm not sure about how to get rid of it. Delays between switching to another weapon seem nice, but these may look like a glitch/bug when poorly implemented...

This is true, and it might be even worse when you consider the custom skins we're supposedly getting. But I really think that we won't get a half-assed animation for any of this, and that it would look good regardless.

NNC wrote:
__init__ wrote:if you miss your shot there's absolutely no penalty. No delay, no ammo, nothing.
How about reloading/recharging time? The more time someone waste, the more time his enemies have.

Well, here's the thing about reloading/recharging time, and my problem with this.
If you fire a weapon with a recharge time, since there's no switch delay there's no penalty. Like I said before, you can fire a sniper and even if you miss you can switch back to your assault rifle in almost no time at all. On weapons with charge time, if you have another weapon there's no penalty for misses, there's no penalty for using the charge.

I'm aware that weapons don't recharge while on your back, but I still think something is pretty broken here.
Maybe if you couldn't switch from the weapon during its recharge time it would make reloading/recharging a relevant mechanic, but that sounds like a really dirty fix that would only cause more problems.

Again, if I'm missing something here, please correct me.

NNC wrote:In case of judging 1v3 results, nobody seem to think that enemies can shoot too.

Well, 3 people that have assault rifles, a weapon with consistent DPS, versus someone with an AR, a BNG and a sniper. Simply for holding those weapons you have two 'instawin' buttons that can potentially turn a 3v1 into a 1v1.

Keep in mind that weapons like the AR have a minimum number of shots they need to fire and land to get a kill, and this happens over an amount of time. Someone who's practiced can switch to a sniper, shoot, switch to a BNG and shoot in underneath a lot of weapons mathematical 'time to kill', even before you factor in things like bullet velocity, legshots and misses.

Sure, you're likely to get a kill with the sniper, whiff the BNG (or kill yourself :p) and then go from there, and the more weapons you include in this the harder it gets to preform.

But still. I think CQC fights in this game should be decided by your aim and the weapon you've got out. Not if you've picked up one of the only two snipers/rails/whatever on the map and you're able to use it as an instagib shotgun.

__init__

Previous

Return to Feedback and Insights