Extra abilities for the Main protagonist

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Extra abilities for the Main protagonist

Postby maxim12 » 23 November 2020, 19:00

I think we all can agree on that Plazmaburst 2's gameplay gets very easily repetitive, because in my experience, atleast if we're talking about the Official PB2 campaign, It's mostly just shooting galery, there is no variency except that there are weapons that get more powerful and later enemies just simply become bullet sponges.

In my opinion, I think Plazmaburst 2.5 would greatly use of new elements in the game that will make it much more entertaining and provide a more dynamic gameplay, and I think we should firstly start with the Slow-Mo ability...

Slow-Mo Ability

Firstly, I think I want to address if how painfuly slow it is. Like I get the main idea for it is to slow down time, but in my opinion It's too slow; Not just your movement but also your weapons reloading, which makes it sometimes ineffective way to deal with enemies, especialy enemies that require you more powerful weapons.

In my suggestion, I think the Slow-Mo effect should be greatly toned down on the Player character, and slightly toned down on enemies to make it more fair.

Slow-Mo should make you gain immunity towards explosive projectiles (However not their explosion radius). And by immunity, I mean when you are under slow motion, projectiles such as Rockets or BNG's will fly though you without detonating, however it should not work for splash damage, you will still receive splash damage from Rockets or BNG detonated close-by to you.

In my opinion, it should make Slow-Mo much more useful, and certainly less pain in the butt to use in the process.

More Ability Ideas

Now, while we talked about the Slow-Mo ability and It's needed changes, I think it would also be great opportunity to talk about extra ability ideas for the Main protagonist in the campaign, and also perhaps make it available to use in Multiplayer competitive too.

Energy Shield Ability:
A pretty simple one, it should greatly reduce the damage you receive from enemy shots. In addition it should completely protect you from getting knocked out and sent flying from a powerful projectile hit. Using this ability should drain your energy overtime, and receiving damage shall speed up the process of energy drain. However receiving damage from deadly explosive weapons such as Rockets and BNG, it should be able to break the energy shield very quickly.

Stealth Mode Ability
Makes you invisible to the enemy eye, while in your screen your character become transperent slightly. I think the advantages of this ability are obvious. There are rules for this ability however; When you shoot you lose your stealth ability, however if you stop shooting your stealth ability returns, untill your energy has drained out. Under stealth mode you can commit stealth kills - If you engage in a melee combat, your character will grab the enemy character and then procced to make very deadly slashes on the enemy, dealing massive damage. Maximum 2 hits, If the enemy character has a lot of health, your Character will toss the enemy character after 2 deadly slashes.

Projectile Magnet Ability
Kind of like in the matrix - When using this ability (Which is Hold-button), you will generate energy field infront of you, stopping enemy projectiles from approaching your main Character. When you release the button, the energy shield will throw all projectiles (Bullets and Rockets) back at the enemies, however this ability does not work with Energy/Plasma weapons, so should be wary of that. Drains energy very quickly, so it should not be spammed and be overpowered in any kind of way.

Psi-Blades/Swords

I think this specific feature needs a little bit of overhauling. What I should suggest is, when you hold the 'Fire' button when you use the Psi-Blades, instead of slicing into the air, your character will hold the blades in defensive stance, consuming your energy as your character focuses. When you hold the button, your character will automaticaly deflect any incoming bullet projectile shots. When you are very close to an enemy character, you character will start slicing to damage the enemy character.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Extra abilities for the Main protagonist

Postby Girl_Power » 24 November 2020, 05:59

These are all pretty great ideas! In PB3, the main protagonist can punch enemies with his bare fists. I wonder what Eric will add in the future. Hope Eric sees this topic as well!
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby nightmar » 24 November 2020, 09:38

I always felt that out character is already overpowered. Buffing him with all these abilities will make it hard to have a challenge.

Btw projectile magnet deflects rails but not plasma???
Last edited by nightmar on 24 November 2020, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby maxim12 » 24 November 2020, 10:22

nightmar wrote:I always feeled that out character is already overpowered. Buffing him with all these abilities will make it hard to have a challenge.

Btw projectile magnet deflects rails but not plasma???

No, it should not deflect rails.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby yizhe » 24 November 2020, 17:39

Energy Shield Ability: im not too fond of this idea, especially when there is shield nades available. i do like that i am sent flying when im hit by an explosive projectile, it adds the fun. :) However, i would hope to see TP and shield nades in SP under new key binds, instead of having shield nade sitting in slot 7.

Stealth Mode Ability: This reminds me of CS Ghost lol. Those that you have suggested are doable with triggers, lest the grab, but kinetic module can well replace that :)

Projectile Magnet Ability: wow interesting concept :)

Im honestly not too fond of the psi idea too, as im satisfied on how the current psi works. Making PSI a 100% deflect while consuming energy just makes it seem....too easy....
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby nightmar » 24 November 2020, 22:28

I hope you guys realise that the magnetic field is our current pushing force just worse (pushing force repells plasma)
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Agent Delta » 24 November 2020, 22:42

I'm personally not to find of the slow mo speed increase idea, I think it's slowness is very useful for giving you time to think and plan for a short amount of time, it also makes it much easier to surprise attack hostiles before the can fire their guns which is extremely helpful on impossible and hard mode where lite and heavy railguns are extremely deadly. It also works really well with combos, the Kinetic module, and swords.
Saving Plazma Burst one step at a time.
Agent Delta
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby yizhe » 25 November 2020, 05:15

nightmar wrote:I hope you guys realise that the magnetic field is our current pushing force just worse (pushing force repells plasma)

Oh lol. If thats the case then its possible to create this "magnetic field" using triggers and the kinetic module attached to the char/player will interact will all incoming and outgoing projectiles.

I also realised that most suggestions provided could be either easily replicated using ALE or they have already existed.
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby broforce1 » 17 January 2021, 11:07

Marine is so deliciously exquisite pizza sauce strong and tough why do u need extrah abilities for him? lel, he's completely the strongest protagonist in the game series and he fought a lot of pizza sauce and chads, even with armor level 1 so why extra salt then.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby Nozz » 11 July 2021, 18:55

Hey how about sound when make it in slow mo? it could be maybe to sick slow mo with slow mo sound effect :roll:

Nozz

Return to Feedback and Insights