weapon adaptations

This is a place to show the community any other artwork!

weapon adaptations

Postby Incompetence » 1 April 2018, 11:00

chose some random weapons i thought of randomly, decided to "pb2ify" them to some extent and adapting them to more advanced times. currently i have the m1216 and tkb-059 (i have a thing for multi-barreled rifles) for this op. damage values i had in mind, ttk, and dps included.

note the TTK is assuming you actually land all of the shots. it doesn't account for accuracy degree spread or anything of that sort. therefore don't go crazy when you see some of these numbers; these are theoretical values that these weapons have the potential of dealing. i have a ttk and dps formula right here that i use. values aren't finalized; i just use them as estimates as to where i want weapons to be at

DPS = ([damage at specific range] x RPM) / 60
TTK (in seconds) = [HP value] / DPS

Update: RPM in game is different compared to cyclic fire rate which i just use to gauge where i want weapon damage to roughly be at. therefore for gameplay purposes, i'm including a counterpart weapon point to clarify what these weapons in-game are actually like, using similar and already existing weapons to give a better picture

TKB-059
Spoiler: Show More
Weapon Type: Assault Rifle
Slot: 2
Damage: 5 (long range), 7 (mid), 11 (short), 17 (headshot)
DPS: 116.667 (long range), 163.33 (mid), 256.667 (short), 396.667 (headshots only)
TTK (for 130 HP): 1.114 secs (long range), 0.795 secs (mid range), 0.506 secs (short range), 0.327 secs (all headshots only)
Accuracy spread (in degrees): 20
RPM (cyclic): 1400
Firing style: Automatic
Projectile per shot: 1
Ammunition count: 50 (magazine)
Counterpart weapon: QCcV-50/Crossfire Ghost

TKB-059
TKB-059's magazine by itself
TKB-059 by itself

M1216
Weapon Type: Shotgun
Slot: 3
Damage (overall; not per projectile): 35 (long range), 50 (mid), 60 (short), 75 (headshot)
DPS: 291.667 (long range), 416.667 (mid), 500 (short), 625 (headshots only)
TTK (for 130 HP): 0.445 secs (long range), 0.311 secs (mid range), 0.260 secs (short range), 0.208 secs (all headshots only)
Accuracy spread (in degrees): 35
RPM (cyclic): 500
Firing style: Burst fire (4 shot); 0.5 sec delay between "bursts"
Projectile per shot: 4
Ammunition count: 16 (magazine)
Counterpart weapon: Falkonian Shotgun

M1216
M1216's magazine by itself
M1216 by itself

WIPs still being done: Desert Tech MDR, Kel-Tec SUB-2000, HK433, STK SSW, SPP-1, AO-63, and the 80.002. more being decided still.

4/4/18 update: finished the MDR, renovated the carbine variant

MDR-C
Weapon Type: Assault Rifle
Slot: 2
Damage: 8 (long range), 10 (mid), 13 (short), 15 (headshot)
DPS: 93.33 (long range), 116.667 (mid), 151.667 (short), 175 (headshots only)
TTK (for 130 HP): 1.392 secs (long range), 1.114 secs (mid range), 0.857 secs (short range), 0.742 secs (all headshots only)
Accuracy spread (in degrees): 18
RPM (cyclic): 700
Firing style: Automatic
Projectile per shot: 1
Ammunition count: 20 (magazine)
Counterpart weapon: CS-RC/Alien Rifle hybrid

MDR-C
MDR-C's magazine by itself
MDR-C by itself
Last edited by Incompetence on 4 April 2018, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: weapon adaptations

Postby phsc » 1 April 2018, 14:21

so im doing an actual good feedback thing
the first weapon, if added to pb2 or smth, would look really weird because this part is really big
http://prntscr.com/iza34b when used by a pb2 character it just wouldnt look right
i still think your outlines are lke a few pixels smaller than they should be but im a 100% ignorant bastard right
another problem i see is this... http://prntscr.com/iza430 can you please tell me what the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce is that, if it only had the scope couldve been alright without that... thing
also the grip has this little detail that i just dont like http://prntscr.com/iza4p7 it makes it look really weird because its just a small detail that doesnt really get into pb2s style that much comparing it to other weapons with grips
now the second one i feel like its a bittle bit better
but i feel like it isnt a shotgun, it could maybe be a long range slow high dmg rifle that isnt like a cs or alien one but also not like needle, something in between
http://prntscr.com/iza5yh
also why add any kind of scope or sight to a shotgun
also i think its damage values are a little bit too high...
anyway better than your last ones
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Incompetence » 1 April 2018, 19:26

phsc wrote:the first weapon, if added to pb2 or smth, would look really weird because this part is really big
http://prntscr.com/iza34b when used by a pb2 character it just wouldnt look right

i take it you haven't seen the TKB-059 which is alright. my rendition has the same exact proportions as the original so if if anything looks inconsistent in size, that's how the original was

phsc wrote:i still think your outlines are lke a few pixels smaller than they should be but im a 100% ignorant bastard right

i use a large canvas (in this case it was like 1800x700) so they just look smaller.

phsc wrote:another problem i see is this... http://prntscr.com/iza430 can you please tell me what the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce is that, if it only had the scope couldve been alright without that... thing

that's a carrying handle. originally those are the iron sights on the tkb-059 but they're too high up for my liking so i made a carrying handle out of it instead. scopes inside carrying handles are also a thing; the g36 and xm8 are arguably the best modern examples of it

the tkb-059 also doesn't have rails by default and no mounts for the rifle were ever made because it never exited the prototype stage

phsc wrote:also the grip has this little detail that i just dont like http://prntscr.com/iza4p7 it makes it look really weird because its just a small detail that doesnt really get into pb2s style that much comparing it to other weapons with grips

a few weapons have a detail similar to it. it helps make the gun fit in more in a far more advanced era.

phsc wrote:but i feel like it isnt a shotgun, it could maybe be a long range slow high dmg rifle that isnt like a cs or alien one but also not like needle, something in between

it's a shotgun lmao. it can't ever be a rifle of any kind.

phsc wrote:also why add any kind of scope or sight to a shotgun

easier target acquisition. that's the main reason why any kind of scope is attached. it's a RDS so it's not even anything crazy like a 4x scope or anything stepping in that field

phsc wrote:also i think its damage values are a little bit too high...

the accuracy spread keeps the gun in check. 35 degrees is actually a large spread for a shotgun. keep in mind it's a shotgun and thus it should perform like one at closer ranges. don't let the dps/ttk confuse you.

phsc wrote:http://prntscr.com/iza5yh

from left to right

- "magazine" issue - there's no way a magazine would ever work there. that's not how the m1216 is designed. it's not a bullpup weapon of any kind nor is it supposed to be

- scope color - the RIS color is way too dark for any sort of attachments imo.

- trigger guard - because i can, lmao. quite a handful of sleek and futuristic styled weapons adopt this style of trigger guard

- barrel - chrome barrel, that's all. there's a logical and realistic reason for having silver barrels, especially in rapid fire weapons. it also helps weapons not look like they're out of a 1920s film
Incompetence

Postby phsc » 1 April 2018, 20:21

Incompetence wrote:i take it you haven't seen the TKB-059 which is alright. my rendition has the same exact proportions as the original so if if anything looks inconsistent in size, that's how the original was

so youre just tracing over guns like i did like 3 years ago, nice, not even adapting them to fit pb2

Incompetence wrote:i use a large canvas (in this case it was like 1800x700) so they just look smaller.

i do it in 4k and looks great and thick

Incompetence wrote:that's a carrying handle. originally those are the iron sights on the tkb-059 but they're too high up for my liking so i made a carrying handle out of it instead. scopes inside carrying handles are also a thing; the g36 and xm8 are arguably the best modern examples of it

but that just looks weird with the scope, kinda doesnt fit a 2d style

Incompetence wrote:the tkb-059 also doesn't have rails by default and no mounts for the rifle were ever made because it never exited the prototype stage

ok that makes sense

Incompetence wrote:a few weapons have a detail similar to it. it helps make the gun fit in more in a far more advanced era.

it just looks retarded, theres no reason to add something like that, advanced stuff is kinda like efficiency in its max, thats kinda the opposite

Incompetence wrote:it's a shotgun lmao. it can't ever be a rifle of any kind.

its a shotgun that doenst look like one, a 10 year old that picks up that weapon isnt going to think of a shotgun, and thats the main public of pb2

Incompetence wrote:easier target acquisition. that's the main reason why any kind of scope is attached. it's a RDS so it's not even anything crazy like a 4x scope or anything stepping in that field

ok still feels weird

Incompetence wrote:the accuracy spread keeps the gun in check. 35 degrees is actually a large spread for a shotgun. keep in mind it's a shotgun and thus it should perform like one at closer ranges. don't let the dps/ttk confuse you.

actually 35 isnt that much if, and the damage values would still be way too big

Incompetence wrote:from left to right

- "magazine" issue - there's no way a magazine would ever work there. that's not how the m1216 is designed. it's not a bullpup weapon of any kind nor is it supposed to be

- scope color - the RIS color is way too dark for any sort of attachments imo.

- trigger guard - because i can, lmao. quite a handful of sleek and futuristic styled weapons adopt this style of trigger guard

- barrel - chrome barrel, that's all. there's a logical and realistic reason for having silver barrels, especially in rapid fire weapons. it also helps weapons not look like they're out of a 1920s film

the magazine could work if it didnt have the trigger guard, BUT YOU CAN RIGHT
oh sure all the pb2 weapons have that and it realy makes a lot of sense, fits the art style, the color scheme, and it about the chrome barrel, makes sense irl, but something like the bng really makes a lot of sense, so realism is clearly the key

but i get it that you cant accept feedback, then its deliciously exquisite pizza sauce perfect! sure
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Incompetence » 1 April 2018, 21:06

phsc wrote:
Incompetence wrote:i take it you haven't seen the TKB-059 which is alright. my rendition has the same exact proportions as the original so if if anything looks inconsistent in size, that's how the original was

so youre just tracing over guns like i did like 3 years ago, nice, not even adapting them to fit pb2

lmao not even close because this doesn't look like this 100%. nice claim though, i can see why you were called ignorant now.

phsc wrote:i do it in 4k and looks great and thick

congrats. a few pixels difference is literally a negligible nitpick though :^)

phsc wrote:but that just looks weird with the scope, kinda doesnt fit a 2d style

my rendition, my decision. that's the rule in art. the original looked weird enough so this retains that personality

phsc wrote:it just looks retarded, theres no reason to add something like that, advanced stuff is kinda like efficiency in its max, thats kinda the opposite

your opinion. tkb-059 was advanced for its time yet not efficient.

phsc wrote:its a shotgun that doenst look like one, a 10 year old that picks up that weapon isnt going to think of a shotgun, and thats the main public of pb2

tell SRM this, not me. i didn't design that gun lmao

phsc wrote:actually 35 isnt that much if, and the damage values would still be way too big

compare that to the falkok shotgun which is the closest comparison in terms of performance. 35 degrees in comparison to that is more balanced than what that shotgun has atm.

phsc wrote:the magazine could work if it didnt have the trigger guard, BUT YOU CAN RIGHT

sure, let's place the magazine in a place where the trigger guard isn't even close to it (because the stock totally is near the trigger guard) because haha that's how I want it, screw the original design am i right?

take some time to actually look at the m1216. a bullpup setup would involve more than just moving the magazine behind the trigger but w/e, you think you're the expert here lmao

also the magazine works fine. do you think the trigger guard actually goes through the magwell or something?

phsc wrote:oh sure all the pb2 weapons have that and it realy makes a lot of sense

never said all of the weapons had it. can you actually make an attempt responding properly?

sorry i was trying to be somewhat impractical in a game where impracticality defines it ayy lmao

phsc wrote:fits the art style

lmao give it a rest already. just because you think you have the style down doesn't mean you know it 100%. words like this is what forces artists to not be creative and especially not follow their own standards. let ppl approach art how they want to, it's their art and not yours.

phsc wrote:it about the chrome barrel, makes sense irl, but something like the bng really makes a lot of sense, so realism is clearly the key

yes let me compare two radically different things in order to feed my own confirmation bias

unsure if you realized or not but this is a sci-fi game where anything can be realistically justified with the assumption that it's possible. realism clearly isn't the key but it's a catalyst in explaining just about anything you see in the game. there's also modernized weapons that are completely anachronistic so both clearly fits in with that specific weapon archetype. it stands out with the rest of the arsenal but that's the exact point in a weapon in any type of game.

phsc wrote:but i get it that you cant accept feedback

i can take feedback, you just can't give it without letting that edge bleed out of you :^)

ironic though considering you like to ignore people's posts when they reply on your art topics because "i don't agree." acknowledgement =/= agreement. knowing this will help you tenfold in life when you exit the "le edge" stage
Incompetence

Postby DoomWrath » 2 April 2018, 13:51

Please keep it civil, guys.

Topic moved to "Other Art" as these are renditions of modern weapons with no connection or relevance to PB2 besides sharing a similar style.

TKB is neat, looks like a long length of pull though. Never much cared for the 1216's design, but I can't find much to fault in the execution. All-in-all, just another meme gun like the UTS-15 (and KSG, though to a lesser extent) - less practical and with more points of failure than a standard pump action shotgun.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Hikarikaze » 3 April 2018, 02:14

DoomWrath wrote:Topic moved to "Other Art" as these are renditions of modern weapons with no connection or relevance to PB2 besides sharing a similar style.

There's 9 (arguably 11) weapons in game at the moment that are literally renditions of modern weapons yet renditions as of now suddenly aren't "PB2 art" anymore? That's some seriously backwards logic. The style alone is a clear connection to PB2 and this unneeded reclassification reinforces a double standard

Incompetence wrote:WIPs still being done: [...] 80.002

I'm curious to see how this will be done but your original intent's already been invalidated now. Is this WIP list still up for completion?
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Incompetence » 4 April 2018, 06:36

Hikarikaze wrote:I'm curious to see how this will be done but your original intent's already been invalidated now. Is this WIP list still up for completion?

kind of. shame these new """rules""" make little sense imo. i'll only finish them because i said they were wips and that'd be bad and disappointing if i suddenly scrapped what could've been potentially interesting renditions

very lucky this topic didn't get locked though lmao

DoomWrath wrote:TKB is neat, looks like a long length of pull though.

that's just how it was designed. i mentioned that all of the proportions are accurate to the original. i keep details 1:1 with source/ref materials all the time when "remixing" a design

Update: MDR-C, check OP

Incompetence

Return to Other Art