Cyber Grub Weapons: A Concept

Share your PB2-related Still Art here!

Cyber Grub Weapons: A Concept

Postby Roxxar » 18 June 2019, 21:12

its been a while since i made legitimate fanart and actually made a topic/shared them

i've obviously remade my falkok and alien/android guns from prior fanart submission threads. some of u may remember i also made cyber grub guns to also be submitted. many of u may or may not know that i'm a heavy advocate for making fanart for the underrepresented as well as making fanart that is relatively futuristic, different, or unique.

in ways of thinking about how to provide the cyber grubs with some new material, i thought of something that could compliment their built-in wrist launcher/cannon things, or maybe even be universally used.

this image does a better job at explaining what im saying/about to say.

(full size images of guns here)

i have no intention of submitting these (yet) because i just dont think they would necessarily fit in (yet), but i figure i share something i've been working on with the hopes that it may inspire some more fanart/ideas fo factions/concepts yet to be expanded upon. any further ideas/expansions and feedback appreciated

rip phsc
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Cyber Grub Weapons: A Concept

Postby tehswordninja » 20 June 2019, 06:16

At this point, I would rather just have the actual Grub Hand Cannons to be brought back, at least for PB2.5. I'm totally fine with them not being meant to be used by non-Grub characters since they share projectiles with other guns for the most part anyway. I guess I wouldn't be too opposed to a more standard, usable by everyone weapon that fires the basic Grub projectiles.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Roxxar » 20 June 2019, 17:32

yeah i would want that too

i just imagine that's probably gonna be a coding/conceptual problem (rather than a popularity prediction) to have 1 specific "weapon" only available to 1 specific "skin"/character. imagine how that would work in multiplayer if all players started unarmed except for cyber grub skinned players
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby tehswordninja » 20 June 2019, 18:10

I was thinking an "invisible" or at least, a barely visible weapon which when held makes any character use the same pose that Grubs have. It could be barely visible in that the actual barrels could show up regardless of character so it looks like whatever character is actually shooting the arm cannon. Probably didn't describe that very well, sorry.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby daft punk 777 » 28 June 2019, 03:55

not bad , but its strange ... grub already has arm cannon (and in many variants in fttp for example). do it unvisible
(like real arm-cannon) or do vires into arm cannon ( like weapons attached to arm-cannon). but i dk how u will do unvisible vires). but u can do smth like this - https://imgur.com/a/umqgnr1
maybeXD
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby Mr jaks nes » 14 July 2019, 00:46

Maybe the grub shouldn't have guns, expect if there was a trigger option to let grub "A" to grab a kind of grub weapones "B" (It is neccesary to have grub)
Mr jaks nes
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Build » 14 July 2019, 04:23

I like how there are characters that have guns for themselves like falkoks the same with usurpers but I would gladly see if there are weapon arts for Raven (PB2 character)
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby daft punk 777 » 15 July 2019, 04:21

Build wrote:I like how there are characters that have guns for themselves like falkoks the same with usurpers but I would gladly see if there are weapon arts for Raven (PB2 character)

I and jacks nes did some raven arts , see em
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Return to Still Art