Guns in PB2 Artstyle

Share your PB2-related Still Art here!

Guns in PB2 Artstyle

Postby mister mayhem » 6 September 2017, 06:01

Hello, I started learning Inkscape to draw, so I'm tracing guns as practice right now. Here's my first one, it's the Magpul PDR.

Spoiler: Show More
With magazine.

The magazine itself

Scaled down to ingame dimensions ( 60 % length of Assault Rifle CS-RC )

What gun do you guys think I should do next?

mister mayhem

Re: Guns in PB2 Artstyle

Postby Roxxar » 6 September 2017, 21:21

they look fairly nice; for a first trace, the art is fine. some edges (the trigger) look a bit sharp, but overall the shape and style is pretty accurate

however i think it would be better for the outlines to match the colors inside; the specific part i am talking about is the magazine. i believe it would suit the gun better if the magazine's outline color were a darker shade of yellow/tan.

i recommend to stray away from tracing realistic guns as practice, as well. there are many ppl that create "modern/realistic" gun shapes, but the whole point of pb2 is an unrealistic, futuristic aesthetic. expand your color choices (many people stick with greys and dull tans due to, once again, the idea of modern/realistic guns), defy modern designs, and innovate for yourself a unique essence that others will remember
Roxxar

Postby GhostX5 » 9 September 2017, 12:11

Hah, that one looks very nice! I like how that PDW looks like, it looks amazing, yet how I hold it, is like how I hold an FN P90 SMG. Say, I got a suggestion for you, try making a Beretta 92FS in standard steel version and the inox version. Would be cool.
United Nations Space Corps ~:~ SPARTAN-187 aka Ghost-187 ~:~ Team Leader of Fireteam Shadow ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5

Postby lostmydollar » 9 September 2017, 16:07

this is a really good start. keep improving
#GiveElsaAGirlfriend

lostmydollar

Postby JayaRaya » 10 September 2017, 15:45

Kinda reminds me of the old SMG that Noir Lime used on PB : FTTP. Cool design by the way, keep improved.
Founder & Current leader of the Plazma Republic. An anti-swearing online gaming community

Respect each good people to show kindness to the community
JayaRaya

Postby mister mayhem » 14 September 2017, 11:45

Took a shot at handguns, it's suppose to be the H&K MK 23, but if you shrink them down enough they all look the same.

Fully loaded

No attachments

Magazine

In game size

Anyways, I'm also working on a armor set, here's a sneak peak. Arms are mostly done, helmet and body needs more detailing and I haven't started the legs yet.

mister mayhem

Postby GhostX5 » 30 September 2017, 10:38

I liked how the H&K Mk. 23 looks. Pretty tactical, but if you remove the suppressor, it looks like a Socom pistol for some reason.

For the armor you made, it looks like the Helioskrill armor from Halo 5, especially the helmet.

https://www.halopedia.org/images/b/b9/H ... gorger.png
United Nations Space Corps ~:~ SPARTAN-187 aka Ghost-187 ~:~ Team Leader of Fireteam Shadow ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5

Postby ChaoSquid » 29 November 2017, 09:14

Good job! Although, something about the colours seem... off. And the outlines, too. I think the outlines are too thick, but I can't really say what the issue is with the colours. Maybe try to use some colours directly taken from some of the sprites instead, or study the colours?

ChaoSquid

Postby the civil ghost » 2 December 2017, 09:07

nice guns you got there! thats very impressive

the civil ghost

Return to Still Art