Shipyard, SnD

Multiplayer Maps here.

Shipyard, SnD

Postby phsc » 22 January 2018, 15:37

Map name: Shipyard
Map ID: phsc-shipyard
Map description: Realistic war map with ammo, with a seek and destroy mechanic, made for 3v3
Map page: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=phsc-shipyard
Map demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=phsc-shipyard

Guns:
Pistol CS-Pro: 10 rounds, 4 magazines, 2s reloading time
Assault Rifle CS-RC: 30 rounds, 4 magazines, 2s reloading time
Shotgun CS-DAZ: 8 rounds, 4 magazines, 4s reloading time
Sniper Rifle CS-YippeeKiYay: 5 rounds, 4 magazines, 3s reloading time
Combat Rifle CS-OICW: 30 rounds, 4 magazines, 2s reloading time
Rocket Launcher CS-LitBro: 1 round, 3 magazines, 3s reloading time
Minigun C-02m: 100 rounds, 2 magazines, 5s reloading time
Alien Rifle: 10 rounds, 4 magazines, 2s reloading time

A few images:
Spoiler: Show More

The map might be a little bit heavy because of the shadowmap size, if it is way too laggy someone please tell me and I might remove it.

Also, you can teleport to the top of the building by pressing E at this door,

You can also plant and defuse bombs located at the boat, pretty standard how it works.
If you find any bugs, tell me, if you want a suggestion for weapons, map changes, etc, etc, also tell me, also rate it if you want to.
Also I didn't test it MP so if someone does please tell me if it works.
Last edited by phsc on 23 January 2018, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Re: Shipyard, SnD

Postby wreak » 23 January 2018, 04:34

You should always test your maps on singleplayer and multiplayer. Even if that map is single player itself (Use COOP), This will make sure your map isn't too laggy. However if your map has 900+ objects or loads concentrated areas/time then the map will start to lag more significantly.

You should tell the players that ammo is limited for all guns, this will make sure there guns won't lose all their ammo and rage quit leaving a 1 star on your map behind.

If you went through the trouble of adding carthiages, you should also make the bullets invisible since people can't actually dodge bullets or see them up close. Especially in a dark environment...

Just by looking at this map alone, you may need a couple of people (4+) to really get it interesting. Once that happens it looks like it would be pure fun to play having multiple routes, ammo management, etc. It also looks really nice and not something you would normally see in COOP maps.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby phsc » 23 January 2018, 12:28

wreak wrote:You should always test your maps on singleplayer and multiplayer. Even if that map is single player itself (Use COOP), This will make sure your map isn't too laggy. However if your map has 900+ objects or loads concentrated areas/time then the map will start to lag more significantly.

i dont have time to test my maps, and i never had lag problems in pb2 so idk

wreak wrote:You should tell the players that ammo is limited for all guns, this will make sure there guns won't lose all their ammo and rage quit leaving a 1 star on your map behind.

this map isnt going to be popular or smth, idk even y i posted it here, popular pb2 maps need to be simple and creative, this isnt any of these

wreak wrote:If you went through the trouble of adding carthiages, you should also make the bullets invisible since people can't actually dodge bullets or see them up close. Especially in a dark environment...

yeah, but you wouldnt be able to see if your gun is out of ammo, i also tried the black bullet but as its a night map it doesnt work well, it would be cool to have invis bullets, but i feel like, knowing when you have ammo and when you dont is more important

wreak wrote:Just by looking at this map alone, you may need a couple of people (4+) to really get it interesting. Once that happens it looks like it would be pure fun to play having multiple routes, ammo management, etc. It also looks really nice and not something you would normally see in COOP maps.

yeah, this was my idea with the snd thing

also i just added one new weapon and two new player slots

also thanks for the feedback
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Civil-Lite » 8 February 2018, 00:23

This actually looks rather nice, I ought to play it when I have the time. The map layout and design looks well made from my point of you. The problem is that the map shadowsize is quite a bit heavy. People would be expecting to see what they are supposed to be doing in the map, but let's just hope what you did is good enough for them. You have earned yourself a definite 5 stars from me.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby phsc » 11 February 2018, 15:46

I just updated the map, the guns rn are:
Realistic war map with ammo, with a seek and destroy mechanic, made for 4v4

Guns:
4x Pistol CS-Pro: 10 rounds, 4 magazines, 2s reloading time
2x QCcV-50 Little Bastard: 30 rounds, 4 magazines, 2s reloading time
2x Crossfire CR-42 Ghost: 30 rounds, 4 magazines, 2s reloading time
1x Assault Rifle CS-RC: 30 rounds, 4 magazines, 2s reloading time
1x AV-135: 30 rounds, 4 magazines, 2s reloading time
2x Shotgun CS-DAZ: 8 rounds, 4 magazines, 4s reloading time
2x Sniper Rifle CS-YippeeKiYay: 5 rounds, 4 magazines, 3s reloading time
1x Combat Rifle CS-OICW: 30 rounds, 4 magazines, 2s reloading time
1x PHANX-92 Rifle: 30 rounds, 4 magazines, 2s reloading time
1x RPG: 1 round, 3 magazines, 3s reloading time
1x Minigun C-02m: 100 rounds, 2 magazines, 5s reloading time
1x Minigum LMG-01m: 1x Minigun C-02m: 100 rounds, 2 magazines, 5s reloading time
2x Alien Rifle: 10 rounds, 4 magazines, 2 reloading time
2x Crossfire CR-45 Phantom: 30 rounds, 4 magazines, 2s reloading time

i also added barrels which are actual barrels, not PB2 ones, most of them are just decoration, but the red ones explode when you shoot them, so you need to be careful when walking around, after they explode they can be used as cover
a few images:

and i also disabled health regen, and disabled death messages, i was going to disable the chat 100% but it didnt feel right
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Multiplayer Maps