gunnin'

Multiplayer Maps here.

gunnin'

Postby lostmydollar » 21 August 2017, 19:34

ID: lostmydollar-gunning

Map page: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=lostm ... &id=833551

Screenshots: http://prntscr.com/gbas6n http://prntscr.com/gbarz8

Demo: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=lostmydollar-gunning

Description: Planet Earth. 26th century. Nearly 40% of human population got blind because of unknown poison in the water. USA government scientists have sent a squad of highly skilled soldiers to the abandoned laboratory "H&H" where this poison was most likely created. Who is in the charge of blidning poison appearance?

4v4, COOP or DM/TDM
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Re: gunnin'

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 21 August 2017, 23:12

Reminds me of a mixture of a few campaign maps

I'd give it a 4/5,mainly because of the name of the map,I'm sure you can come up with something better
Spoiler: Show More
Green Eyed Demon
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby lostmydollar » 21 August 2017, 23:30

Green Eyed Demon wrote:Reminds me of a mixture of a few campaign maps

I'd give it a 4/5,mainly because of the name of the map,I'm sure you can come up with something better

whats wrong with the name? thanks
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby YourGuru » 22 August 2017, 22:30

I like the concept of this map, it does look like a legitimate campaign level
mid fights would turn into stalemates most likely, since there's no real cover though, idk if that's what you intended

also I tried way too hard to slide down by that elevator without dying
YourGuru

Postby lostmydollar » 23 August 2017, 12:42

YourGuru wrote:I like the concept of this map, it does look like a legitimate campaign level
mid fights would turn into stalemates most likely, since there's no real cover though, idk if that's what you intended

it has covers, not this many though

YourGuru wrote:also I tried way too hard to slide down by that elevator without dying

there is a teleport on the bottom of the elevator shaft so you can get out if you survive after the fall

thanks for feedback
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Blue-- » 24 August 2017, 14:58

You should add more cover and maybe make the area around the elevator less dangerous to fall down. But all in one the map is good.
Blue--
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lostmydollar » 24 August 2017, 16:47

Blue-- wrote:You should add more cover and maybe make the area around the elevator less dangerous to fall down. But all in one the map is good.

thank you kindly for the feedback. the map has covers that can block bullets and covers where you can hide. or what kind of covers would you like to see?

elevator area is dangerous indeed. this zone is mainly for professional players that can climb and perform self boosts. however regular players can easily avoid the falls if they simply dont jump down purposely. adding extra platforms to lower the amount of "suicide jumps" would ruin the "4x4 pixels" concept that was used in the map
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby lrv » 26 August 2017, 18:32

Nice map, but I suggest this:
1.Make the Civil Securitys blue lite heroes(Civil Securitys are only advance dpolicemen, not soldiers)
2.Put the usurps closer to each other.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby lostmydollar » 26 August 2017, 23:30

lrv wrote:Nice map, but I suggest this:
1.Make the Civil Securitys blue lite heroes(Civil Securitys are only advance dpolicemen, not soldiers)
2.Put the usurps closer to each other.

thank you for the feedback. eric once said that civil security lite and usurpation soldier have same weight and speed, so changing character models might cause problems with the approval in future.

usurpers are close enough to each other. of course i could make them stand next to each other on the same floor, but when the multiplayer coop match starts players may push the leftmost usurper down to the pit
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby 49er » 27 August 2017, 01:55

The map is well-constructed. Good architecture.

Unfortunately it suffers from a common flaw that almost every approved map suffers from nowadays. There isn't a good diversity of weapons. There should be multiple types of rifles and shotguns to choose from. The alien rifle is just hideous.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lostmydollar » 27 August 2017, 09:18

49er wrote:The map is well-constructed. Good architecture.

Unfortunately it suffers from a common flaw that almost every approved map suffers from nowadays. There isn't a good diversity of weapons. There should be multiple types of rifles and shotguns to choose from. The alien rifle is just hideous.

thanks for the review. i was going to add more guns. but there are two reasons why i didnt do that: 1) there are no free spots on the map where i can place such big amount of guns. adding extra platforms just to place a weapon there would ruin the concept of the map. 2) only alien rifle can penetrate 4 pixel walls. if i do what you've suggested fights in some map areas might become unfair to players who dont have a gun capable of doing that. same for other guns
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby 49er » 28 August 2017, 04:49

There's a good opportunity to force tactically-minded players to switch between the alien rifle - which has good penetration but bad.. everything else - and one of the assault rifles.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lostmydollar » 28 August 2017, 09:05

49er wrote:There's a good opportunity to force tactically-minded players to switch between the alien rifle - which has good penetration but bad.. everything else - and one of the assault rifles.

Why you dont like it anyway? nice fire rate, good penetration, good accuracy. it has a sh*tty look but it is perfect at all technical parametres
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby WolfMaster12 » 28 August 2017, 09:42

The name isn't really that impressive, considering the map plot, design and quality, I'm pretty sure you can come up with something better, but it's not really that big problem, otherwise, looks good

10/10
More cheese for the sir over here!
WolfMaster12
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby lostmydollar » 28 August 2017, 10:16

WolfMaster12 wrote:The name isn't really that impressive, considering the map plot, design and quality, I'm pretty sure you can come up with something better, but it's not really that big problem, otherwise, looks good

10/10

Thanks a lot. current name is simple and easy to remember. plus it describes pretty much everything you've got to do on the map lol
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Return to Multiplayer Maps