Restriction [SP]

Singleplayer Maps here.

Restriction [SP]

Postby Hikarikaze » 3 September 2018, 00:32

*The map is in a playable state but there's no guarantee that there are no errors in the map. There are some issues I'm planning to solve but they don't interfere in gameplay at all.

A nearly impossible challenge that only the capable can beat. Your goal is to get to the end and kill the boss all within 6 minutes. If you don't manage to beat the mission in six minutes then you fail. There are enemies in your path that are intelligent enough to try to eat up your time. You'll need to find the fastest way to get to the end.

Overview
Enemy Units
Spoiler: Show More
There are different types of enemies scattered throughout the map. Their attacking styles depend on their weapons. As you progress, you'll encounter more dangerous enemies.

Normal
Phagotype [225 HP] - Standard infantry. Not resilient but they won't go down with a couple of shots either.
Adherent [335 HP] - Long range android unit.
Mysteriarch [250 HP] - Special riflewoman. Dangerous in groups due to their OICWs' accuracy.
Drone - An unmanned drone that serves to guard certain enemies or areas. Carries different weapons according to the task.

Elite
Archetype Mysteriarch [325 HP] - A more resilient version of the Mysteriarch unit
Archetype Sharpshooter [400 HP] - A sniper unit that excels in surprise attacks. Carries both a sniper rifle and a close range SMG.

Boss
Hierarch Phagotype [750 HP] - An incredibly resilient version of the Phagotype. Just an ordinary tank unit accompanied by two Archetype Mysteriarchs.

Other
???: Capabilities unknown

Stages
There are a total of five stages in the map. Each stage gets progressively harder.

Stage 1: Three Phagotypes and one Adherent are stationed here. Nothing more, nothing less.
Stage 2: An entire group of Mysteriarchs is on this floor. Proceed with caution when engaging this group.
Stage 3: A locked door is in the way. You need to find a way through.
Stage 4: A walker is blocking the way and needs to be taken care of. Enemies are guarding this vehicle.
Stage 5: The Hierarch Phagotype, one Archetype Mysteriarch, one Archetype Sharpshooter, and one drone are stuck here. They are capable of raining down fire towards the entrance below.

Stage ???: Access requirements unknown.
Stage ???: Access requirements unknown.

Be aware that completing the unknown stages will make you skip Stages 1 and 2. You will respawn in the beginning of Stage 3 instead. You also can't complete both of the stages this way. Completing an unknown stage gives you a reward to help you in the mission as well so it's in your benefit to attempt them.

Activating these stages are a one-time thing so if you don't meet the requirements and you try to get in, then you've locked yourself out of that stage unless you restart the map.

Mechanics
In addition to being a timed mission, there is also a scoring system. Your score is constantly shown to you on the screen at all times. You get points for killing units and also doing other objectives like finding secrets. Each enemy type is worth points and harder to kill units are worth more naturally. Here's all the score values from each source of points:

Enemies
Phagotype: +1
Adherent: +3
Mysteriarch: +5
Archetype Mysteriarch: +7
Archetype Sharpshooter: +15
Drone: +15
Hierarch Phagotype: +20
???: +150
???: +150
???: +300
???: +1500

Objectives
Finding a secret: +10
???: +600
???: +2250

Clearing stages in under a specific time limit doubles your current score, thus speedrunning is encouraged as well. Beat the listed times for each stage to receive the 2x score multiplier:

Stage 1: 35 seconds
Stage 2: 90 seconds
Stage 3: 140 seconds
Stage 4: 190 seconds

Completing Stage ??? gives a +750 point bonus for completing it before the map counts up to 125 seconds.

Known Issues
- There's a +20 point bonus that's supposed to trigger when all of the secrets have been found. Right now it doesn't seem to work. The trigger work that grants this bonus is still active however and isn't disabled.
- So far I think the map's balanced in terms of intended difficulty, but I'm keeping an eye out for things that might be pushing things too far.

FAQ
Q: Is this map possible to beat?
A: Yes.

Q: What's the best difficulty for this map?
A: All of them.

Q: What's the best developer time?
A: Time: 137 seconds / kills: 17 / score: 9296

Q: Why 6 minutes to complete the mission with?
A: I can make the time shorter.

Q: What does ??? mean?
A: ???

Q: Leaderboards?
A: No. I'm not a fan of putting leaderboards in

Q: Is this map final?
A: Yes and no. It's fine as is but there's always room for more stuff.

Q: Tell me this map's secrets.
A: It's a secret.

Let me know if this map is too difficult so I can make it even more difficult.
---
Changelog
9/3/18
- Changed the activation requirements for one of the secret stages. Why? Because I can.

- The aforementioned secret stage is also more finished now. It features a countering mechanic and everything. To reflect the difficulty of this stage, the required time for the score multiplier is now 125 seconds.

- Slight change to the other secret stage. Not that anyone knows the original but still.

- New enemy types: the Archetype Sharpshooter and the good old drone. OP will be updated accordingly.

- Stage 3 now has two drones guarding the area. Starting the stage also spawns one Archetype Sharpshooter.

- Stage 4 now has one Archetype Sharpshooter at the end. The Hound Walker also shoots faster now to make it slightly more challenging.

- The final stage has one Archetype Mysteriarch removed and replaced by a drone. One Archetype Sharpshooter is also placed to defend the boss.
Last edited by Hikarikaze on 3 September 2018, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Re: Restriction [SP]

Postby phsc » 3 September 2018, 02:58

pretty fun map
didnt take as much time as i imagined it would
also im not going to find the secrets
but anyway
beat this
http://prntscr.com/kpvh2z

anyway ive played it more than once
and i think a bug happened
the part where you need to get to the water and open the door, well, that enemy you need to kill so the gravitator appears, that enemy was in the other side of the door, which made so i had to self boost to get to the top, which made me waste a ton of time
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby boom5 » 3 September 2018, 03:38

Why don't I have a defib, and why are all my guns weak forcing be to use just one gun? That heavy Railgun can't even kill someone 325 HP in their legs. Pretty useless gun.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.” - Patrick Henry
boom5
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby xProxyAngelx » 3 September 2018, 15:28

Admittedly, I'm not good either but still here ya go sis.

lav ya hik. uwu
(Tried to get closer to your score but this was probably my best run.)
~ ♥ Map Projects ♥ ~
(31/8/2018)
Main Projects
1. Winter's Wrath - Act 3 (SP) [20%]

Secondary Projects
- Pitifully empty.

Completed Projects
1. Winter's Wrath - Act 1 & 2 (SP)
http://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=14613

2. Phantasmic Mirage (MP)
http://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=15763

3. Cabin Fever: Origins (SP)
https://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=22010
xProxyAngelx
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Hikarikaze » 3 September 2018, 16:28

phsc wrote:pretty fun map
didnt take as much time as i imagined it would
also im not going to find the secrets

I figured as much it'd be somewhat easy. There's a "meta" strategy for the map that makes everything easier after all. Maybe 6 minutes is a little too high actually given the current difficulty

Finding all of the secrets isn't worthwhile anyways at the moment. The bonus that doesn't want to cooperate was supposed to help in making the map easier but it seems the trigger work doesn't want the map to be any easier

phsc wrote:the part where you need to get to the water and open the door, well, that enemy you need to kill so the gravitator appears, that enemy was in the other side of the door, which made so i had to self boost to get to the top, which made me waste a ton of time

Not sure how that happened since I never had that problem at all when I was testing. I'll take a look and see if anything's up with that

boom5 wrote:Why don't I have a defib, and why are all my guns weak forcing be to use just one gun? That heavy Railgun can't even kill someone 325 HP in their legs. Pretty useless gun.

Well, perhaps you shouldn't be aiming for the legs then?

The reason you don't have a defibrillator is because it's useless to give you one seeing as how it can't self-heal and if it could, it reduces the challenge aspect significantly

xProxyAngelx wrote:Admittedly, I'm not good either but still here ya go sis.

lav ya hik. uwu
(Tried to get closer to your score but this was probably my best run.)

I see you found one of the secret stages. Neat

Those completion stats are really good, but getting that again may not be so easy next time
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby artichokecat » 4 September 2018, 05:11

Ok so I found what I think is the first secret but can you explain what the 2 switches there do? I pressed both of them and nothing happens immediately.

I've gotten as far as stage 3 as of now. And the sniper guy teleporting behind you is really bs. I might try again later once I figure out how to not get killed.
artichokecat
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Hikarikaze » 4 September 2018, 09:54

artichokecat wrote:Ok so I found what I think is the first secret but can you explain what the 2 switches there do? I pressed both of them and nothing happens immediately.

I've gotten as far as stage 3 as of now. And the sniper guy teleporting behind you is really bs. I might try again later once I figure out how to not get killed.

The two switches are for the extra stages. I put them conveniently by that spot because it's easier to access. They won't do anything unless you meet the requirements but it's not recommended to press them if you're not sure you know how to trigger them as both buttons can only be used one time

And since the requirements are secret, I won't say how to trigger them
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Singleplayer Maps