The Tale of Alice

Singleplayer Maps here.

The Tale of Alice

Postby Cemetery John » 6 February 2018, 04:52

Map name: The Tale of Alice
Map ID: Cemetery John-alice1
Map Page Link: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=cemet ... &id=865182
Map Demo Link: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=cemetery%20john-alice1
Brief Description:
The first episode in The Tale of Alice. A simple campaign that will be 5-10 levels telling the story of Alice, a young girl fleeing an unwanted war.

I have not made a map in a very long time, so I am re-learning the map editor. Let me know if there are any mistakes or issues, and stay tuned for the second episode soon.
画像が微妙に合っていると思うのは自分だけ

Cemetery John
Recruit
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 5 February 2018, 06:54

Re: The Tale of Alice

Postby darkstar 1 » 6 February 2018, 17:13

Very nice map, can't wait to see more ;)
http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=darkstar%201-pixels
User avatar
darkstar 1
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 835
Joined: 13 September 2014, 13:20
Location: Here... or there :|

Re: The Tale of Alice

Postby lostmydollar » 6 February 2018, 20:39

simple and interesting map. hope the plot of upcoming episodes won't disappoint players

-you can create fire with continuously moving up and down colored doors
-you can use recently implemented into pb2 v1.28 voice triggers for alice
God Bless America
User avatar
lostmydollar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]
 
Posts: 370
Joined: 11 April 2017, 17:36

Re: The Tale of Alice

Postby Cemetery John » 10 February 2018, 05:45

darkstar 1 wrote:Very nice map, can't wait to see more ;)


Thank you! I'll keep this topic (or one similar) updated as I release more in the series. I'm currently working on episodes 2 and 3.

lostmydollar wrote:simple and interesting map. hope the plot of upcoming episodes won't disappoint players

-you can create fire with continuously moving up and down colored doors
-you can use recently implemented into pb2 v1.28 voice triggers for alice


Hopefully I can keep the storyline interesting enough without being a point of drag for players. I'll look into the new triggers and may update Episode 1 to reflect them, thanks for letting me know what's possible.
画像が微妙に合っていると思うのは自分だけ

Cemetery John
Recruit
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 5 February 2018, 06:54

Re: The Tale of Alice

Postby ChaoSquid » 11 February 2018, 15:25

This is pretty fun! Nice work. If I was making this, I probably would've added more cover, although that's just because I like to play with minimal time warp usage. I like how open the level is, and the transition from the more cramped house to the open world feels nice too. Target prioritization is difficult in PB2, because of the 2D nature, but I'd recommend maybe adding some team coloured and/or custom coloured Falkoks with a bit more health for that, or you can just stick to one kind of guy, and just give them stronger guns.
Also, something else to note, sword reflecting can be kind of abused to make any bullet enemies a complete pushover. Just a thing to note for later levels.

Like I said on the rating I left on the level page, getting a 5-star out of me is really hard, so don't worry about not getting one from me.
Just a guy on the internet.
My steam account's name is ChaoSquidingus.
User avatar
ChaoSquid
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 23 November 2017, 15:34
Location: Last Place

Re: The Tale of Alice

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 16 February 2018, 04:03

Simple but enjoyable, I hope you're going to continue this
Always remember that a lie has speed but truth has endurance.
User avatar
Green Eyed Demon
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 108
Joined: 9 September 2016, 18:26

Re: The Tale of Alice

Postby Cemetery John » 28 March 2018, 03:06

ChaoSquid wrote:This is pretty fun! Nice work. If I was making this, I probably would've added more cover, although that's just because I like to play with minimal time warp usage. I like how open the level is, and the transition from the more cramped house to the open world feels nice too. Target prioritization is difficult in PB2, because of the 2D nature, but I'd recommend maybe adding some team coloured and/or custom coloured Falkoks with a bit more health for that, or you can just stick to one kind of guy, and just give them stronger guns.
Also, something else to note, sword reflecting can be kind of abused to make any bullet enemies a complete pushover. Just a thing to note for later levels.

Like I said on the rating I left on the level page, getting a 5-star out of me is really hard, so don't worry about not getting one from me.


I've made a couple of changes, while a little extra cover was one of them, I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the future maps of the series. New Falkok units with the new skins and guns have also been added to the level, so that should give some variety for you to fight.

Green Eyed Demon wrote:Simple but enjoyable, I hope you're going to continue this


Second level is underway right now, if I can't finish it today I'll finish it tomorrow.

I've also tried out the speech to text, and it feels far too janky in my opinion. I'll stick to having the few lines of story be text.
画像が微妙に合っていると思うのは自分だけ

Cemetery John
Recruit
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 5 February 2018, 06:54


Return to Singleplayer Maps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users