COD: Zombies Adaptation Collab

Singleplayer Maps here.

COD: Zombies Adaptation Collab

Postby Resi » 27 February 2017, 15:55

Remember that collab that I made with a bunch of other users and I couldn't continue? Well, it has returned.

First things first: This map couldn't have been possible without the following users (Note: Logics have been completely replaced):

-Reject (Map Design)
-Earthling (Map Design)
-Fixit (Map Logic)
-xProxyAngelx (Map Design, Logic)
-PeteyEDGE (Map Design)
-Venemous (Map Logic)
-LpZimm (Map Design)
-Kabo (Map Logic)
-Elitech (German quotes)

Thank you all, it was nice working together with Plazma Burst 2's limitations, and I'm really glad people enjoyed it anyways, but it's time for me to finish what we started, taking advantage of all the things now possible with the new trigger actions.
---

Full release is up!

Map page: https://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=resi ... &id=532766

Instant demo: https://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=resi-nazizombies

Changes from older versions:

- Zombie classes.
- Infinite currency and wave system.
- A lot more optimization.
- Price tags, no spam, visible wave and currency, scoreboards (Sadly not automatic because I don't have the skill for that) and more!
Last edited by Resi on 6 December 2018, 16:02, edited 9 times in total.
Resi
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Natzi Zombies: Hard Down [BETA 0.6.5]

Postby Dandamage » 9 March 2017, 02:21

Topic bumped on request.

This is potentially a very solid and fun map that could have many different playthroughs each time. I totally endorse the development, and you can ask for help any time if needed.
Dandamage
Falkok [250]

Postby stormforce » 31 March 2017, 01:40

When players join the match, it seems you have to reset the match for them to be able to play.
Please rate my maps 5. I work very hard on them.

stormforce
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Resi » 4 April 2017, 00:28

stormforce wrote:When players join the match, it seems you have to reset the match for them to be able to play.

Can you please be more specific? I think what you mean is actually a lack of synchronization thing which is actually a game fault and not a map fault.

Also the map is way too laggy in the ALE, so I can't do much, but I will try if you tell me.
Resi

Postby Resi » 1 September 2017, 05:34

So I did some minor edits while also working in OF2, mainly OF2 though.

The entire map will be accessible without the need of unlocking areas. However, better purchasables will have to be unlocked first to be bought later. This is so players don't rush improved equipment at the start.

Player count will be decreased to 4, sprint weapons will be removed and vars will be used instead of movables, which results in a huge performance improvement.

Here's a quick demo of the updated look, may change later since wether the roof is accessible or not may change.

Resi

Postby GiraRay » 1 September 2017, 20:17

The map looks awesome. I probably should collaborate with others because I'm so bad at designing maps...
http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=giraray-riddle1&id=826345
GiraRay
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Resi » 2 September 2017, 10:20

Thanks Gira!

I've spent a few hours improving minor details and making a new wave system, the old one uses 500 triggers and regions, and way more, when this new one uses only 14 logic objects in total. This results in a huge performance boost, and the old one could only reach until Wave 15.

Here's a demo video showing that it works.

Resi

Postby Resi » 19 November 2017, 21:40

Some time ago, the development was put on hold due to computer problems and to place my focus on OF2.

However OF2 is now finished, I will be focusing on this for now.

I'll post again when I have something worth sharing.
Resi

Postby Resi » 30 December 2017, 16:24

Development is now unfrozen again, but I have bad news:

Due to pb2's lack of synchronization, I have decided the map will be Single Player only.

Clones don't work well at all in multiplayer and I'm using a lot of complicated work-arounds to get some things to work as I want them, when BETA 0.6.5 is released, all multiplayer features will be removed, and I'm sorry for the inconveniences.
Resi

Postby Resi » 31 December 2017, 04:21

Hey guys! Nazi Zombies Beta 0.6.5 is now 13/24 finished. I'll publish the separate unstable version to be publically
playable, it's more suitable for testing than playing, so please consider that.

My motivation is currently good, so the map should not take more than a month.

Please if anyone wants to test the map since I'm stuck with a really low-end laptop right now, here's the instant map demo. Thanks a lot in advance. http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=silver ... s_unstable

Map progress as of this post:

Spoiler: Show More
Map progress: 14/24

Systems:

Live scoreboard: To do. Will wait until the map is finished.
Anti-cheat: To do.
Mystery Box: In progress. (Re-made)
Purchasables: Finished. (Re-made)
Power-ups: Finished. Current: Carpenter (Repair all barricades), Speed it up (Increase player speed by 25%) (Re-made)
Wave system: Finished. (Re-made)
Funds: Finished. (Re-made)
Barricades: Finished. (Improved)

Area 1:

Weapons 2/2 (Alien Rifle, Sniper Rifle)
Door 2/2
Perks: 0/1
Spawns: 2/2.

Area 2:

To do.

Weapons: 0/2.
Mystery Box: 0/1.
Door: 0/1.

Area 3:

To do.

Perks: 0/1.
Weapons: 0/1.
Spawns: 1/1.

Changelog:

- Changed map to SP due to pb2 limitations.
- Insanely improved map performance, left calculations to be performed only when needed instead of loading all at map start as well.
- Re-made mystery box, weapon purchasing, funds, power-ups and wave system.
- Barricades are slower (3 speed from 10) and have no trigger sounds and are unmuted.
- Player is now in Beta and Zombies in alpha, which causes zombies to not attack each other and have no collision avoiding barricade glitching and improving gameplay.
- Your starting CS Pistol is now Level 2 and you now also start with 2 grenades, you can choose your marine battlesuit.
- With the new weapon purchasing system, low physics players can now buy guns.
- Weapon upgrading does more than just add bullets.
- Zombies are now forced to hunt for you and have random skin.
- The wave system is now endless instead of just 15.
- Fixed waves forced to end overtime or glitching if you kill too fast.
Resi

Postby Stryde » 1 January 2018, 00:19

You said you'd like me to critique more of your maps, so I figured I would try this one. I just played this until wave 20 or so, and overall it's a nice project. A few suggestions though:

- The zombie spawn regions should be a little bit bigger, because just like in the black ops series (if you're going for this kind of feel?), they don't instantly spawn at the barriers.
- Over time, the lag due to sheer amount of enemies in one location will cause lag for anyone. I obviously can't see the map blueprints, but maybe at a certain point, it would be better to spawn less with high HP over more with low HP, and increase HP over time. Since PB2 is 2D, it's hard to introduce more zombie spawn regions into the map with only one area open, but as you increase the areas, I would definitely increase zombie spawn regions.
- The upgrades seem good, I'm sure you plan on more areas, and more upgrades

I feel that modded guns could easily play into your favor in this, something along the lines of a modified plasmagun or BNG, although plasmagun probably more suitable

Stryde
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Resi » 1 January 2018, 03:36

Stryde wrote:You said you'd like me to critique more of your maps, so I figured I would try this one. I just played this until wave 20 or so, and overall it's a nice project. A few suggestions though:

- The zombie spawn regions should be a little bit bigger, because just like in the black ops series (if you're going for this kind of feel?), they don't instantly spawn at the barriers.
- Over time, the lag due to sheer amount of enemies in one location will cause lag for anyone. I obviously can't see the map blueprints, but maybe at a certain point, it would be better to spawn less with high HP over more with low HP, and increase HP over time. Since PB2 is 2D, it's hard to introduce more zombie spawn regions into the map with only one area open, but as you increase the areas, I would definitely increase zombie spawn regions.
- The upgrades seem good, I'm sure you plan on more areas, and more upgrades

I feel that modded guns could easily play into your favor in this, something along the lines of a modified plasmagun or BNG, although plasmagun probably more suitable

Thanks a lot Stryde, these are the planned things, but your suggestion for an enemy amount cap with higher XP is an amazing suggestion and I'm glad you brought it up since I didn't think of it.

• More enemies, Slightly fast but weaker Kamikazes.
  • Two perk machines (Although they'll look like collectables instead since the thing about perk-a-colas is they have songs.)
  • 2 more rooms.

Either way, I'm not planning on using the BNG since it's too powerful, the Plasma Gun is definitely in plans for the mystery box though.

And thank you for actually doing so Stryde, I really appreciate it.
-----
Here's the changelog for today:

- General bugfixes, thanks to Joe6767 for reporting!
- Added Nuke (Kill nearby enemies) and Super Barricades (Make barricades 2 and 3 take longer to break) power-ups.
- Changed skin change to wave end instead of spawn to improve performance, changed robot to cs heavy, added phoenix falkok and usurpation destroyer (all colored red).

And the progress:

Map progress: 14/26

Systems:

Live scoreboard: To do. Will wait until the map is finished.
Mystery Box: In progress. (Re-made)
Enemies: In progress. (Zombies and Kamikazes every 5 waves.)
Power-ups: Finished. Current: Carpenter (Repair all barricades), Speed it up (Increase player speed by 25%), Nuke (Kill nearby enemies) and Super Barricades (Make barricades 2 and 3 take longer to break) (Re-made)

Area 1:

Door 2/2
Perks: 0/1

Area 2:

To do.

Area 3:

To do.

Resi

Postby Resi » 2 January 2018, 08:59

The first area is now finished, I'll allow the door at the right to be purchased once I make some more progress into the second area.

Here's the changelog for January 1, yesterday:

- Implemented a zombie amount cap at 16 zombies which will multiply zombie health by 20% (Normally 10%) instead to improve performance.
- Added One More Hit Beer which adds 1 projectile to all non-mystery box weapons.
- Tiny performance improvements (Simplified layout and design.)
- Changed game scale to 80 and separated each zombie spawn (3 seconds after each)
- Re-made barricade system to each individual barricade for both zombies and players, each barricade gives .10 money on repair.

And the map progress:
Map progress: 16/26

Systems:

Online scoreboard: To do. Will wait until the map is finished.
Mystery Box: Finished. (Re-made)
Enemies: In progress. (Zombies and Kamikazes every 5 waves, 1 Puker every 5 waves in each normal wave.)
Power-ups: Finished. Current: Carpenter (Repair all barricades), Speed it up (Increase player speed by 25%), Nuke (Kill nearby enemies) and Super Barricades (Make barricades 2 and 3 take longer to break) (Re-made)

Area 1:

Door 2/2
Perks: 1/1

Area 2:

To do.

Area 3:

To do.

Resi

Postby Resi » 3 January 2018, 06:56

The second room is now accessible and finished.

Here's the map progress:

Map progress: 20/25

Systems:

Online scoreboard: To do. Will wait until the map is finished.
Enemies: In progress. (Zombies and Kamikazes every 5 waves, +1 Puker Zombie every 5 waves.)
Mystery Box: Finished. (Re-made)

Area 1:

Door 2/2
Perks: 1/1

Area 2:

To do.

Weapons: 1/1 (Lite Railgun).
Mystery Box: 1/1.
Door: 1/1.

Area 3:

To do.

And here's the full changelog (except for today which will be shared when the day ends) and some slightly edited past notes.

DECEMBER 30 2017

- Changed map to SP due to pb2 limitations.
- Insanely improved map performance, left calculations to be performed only when needed instead of loading all at map start as well.
- Re-made mystery box, weapon purchasing, funds, power-ups and wave system.
- Barricades are slower (3 speed from 10) and have no trigger sounds and are unmuted.
- Player is now in Beta and Zombies in alpha, which causes zombies to not attack each other and have no collision avoiding barricade glitching and improving gameplay.
- Your starting CS Pistol is now Level 2 and you now also start with 2 grenades, you can choose your marine battlesuit.
- With the new weapon purchasing system, low physics players can now buy guns.
- Weapon upgrading does more than just add bullets.
- Zombies are now forced to hunt for you and have random skin.
- The wave system is now endless instead of just 15.

DECEMBER 31 2017

- Fixed money message appearing twice, fixed sniper rifle being pickable before purchase, fixed some messages appearing when they shouldn't. Thanks to Joe6767 for reporting!
- Added Nuke (Kill nearby enemies) and Super Barricades (Make barricades 2 and 3 take longer to break) power-ups.
- Changed skin change to wave end instead of spawn to improve performance, changed robot to cs heavy, added phoenix falkok and usurpation destroyer (all colored red).

JANUARY 1 2018

- Implemented a zombie amount cap at 16 zombies which will multiply zombie health by 20% (Normally 10%) instead to improve performance. Thanks to Stryde for the idea!
- Added One More Hit Beer which adds 1 projectile to all weapons.
- Tiny performance improvements (Simplified layout and design.)
- Changed game scale to 80 and separated each zombie spawn (3 seconds after each)
- Re-made barricade system to each individual barricade for both zombies and players, each barricade gives .10 money on repair.

JANUARY 2 2018

- Fixed barricade system not working properly, fixed you would buy both the gun and upgrade it if you had too much money.
- Barricades now require an enemy or the player to keep using them to keep repairing/breaking. (This was from January 1 technically but didn't work)
- Barricades have 2 speed when breaking and 10 when repairing.
- Added debug command: dbmoney to add +1000 money (Only available while map is in testing phase)
- Changed Global AI to hard, changed zombie HP to 300.
- Small performance improvements (Simplified layout and design.)
- Added Lite Railgun to second room, added anti-glitch teleporter in second room and third room, added unlocker to second room, finished mystery box.
Resi

Postby ECC9 » 6 January 2018, 17:29

Can't wait to play you'r awesome map : D
Discord: ECC9#6057
ECC9
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Stryde » 7 January 2018, 03:16

So one if the issues I'm also seeing now (I saw this the first time, but I feel its more noticeable now) is when the zombies spawn, even when the barricades are broken, they aren't moving and are inactive https://prnt.sc/hx2et6

I'm assuming you have their behavior already set to investigative, but I don't usually work with enemies in SP/MP. I think one of the things you can try is have enemies constantly look for player 'A' in region 'B', where in this case region 'B' is in middle of map.

I also notice the barricades aren't infinitely fixable, not sure if by intention or by glitch. I feel it's by glitch because doesn't carpenter autorepair them?

I forget the wave number, but after I saw the red noir limes, there was no more waves coming. I think it was before wave 20, but I cant be for certain. Was it capped for testing, or just a bug that stopped the respawning of zombies?

Stryde
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Resi » 7 January 2018, 15:49

Stryde wrote:So one if the issues I'm also seeing now (I saw this the first time, but I feel its more noticeable now) is when the zombies spawn, even when the barricades are broken, they aren't moving and are inactive https://prnt.sc/hx2et6

I'm assuming you have their behavior already set to investigative, but I don't usually work with enemies in SP/MP. I think one of the things you can try is have enemies constantly look for player 'A' in region 'B', where in this case region 'B' is in middle of map.

I also notice the barricades aren't infinitely fixable, not sure if by intention or by glitch. I feel it's by glitch because doesn't carpenter autorepair them?

I forget the wave number, but after I saw the red noir limes, there was no more waves coming. I think it was before wave 20, but I cant be for certain. Was it capped for testing, or just a bug that stopped the respawning of zombies?

Those all seem like bugs, I'll look into them, thanks.
Resi

Postby Resi » 8 January 2018, 06:04

Stryde wrote:So one if the issues I'm also seeing now (I saw this the first time, but I feel its more noticeable now) is when the zombies spawn, even when the barricades are broken, they aren't moving and are inactive https://prnt.sc/hx2et6

The zombie skin is random, either way that wave stopping should not happen again now.

- Fixed zombies would stop respawning when the amount cap is reached and forced them to hunt with huge region (Thanks to Stryde for reporting!)
- Fixed carpenter executed the wrong triggers after the barricade system remake.

I'll edit the map again in 3 days or if any reports are made.
Resi

Postby Stryde » 8 January 2018, 15:28

After I used One More Shot Beer, my cash doubled from $94 to $188 instead of taking $94
The barricades don't seem to be fixed (same with carpenter), so I wonder if you have some variable interfering with multiple systems due to the One More Shot Beer
The sniper rifle room is able to be opened, but I can't buy it

is silverteen11-nazizombies_unstable still the map testing ID, or was it changed and I just tested an unedited version?

Stryde
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Resi » 8 January 2018, 16:28

Stryde wrote:After I used One More Shot Beer, my cash doubled from $94 to $188 instead of taking $94
The barricades don't seem to be fixed (same with carpenter), so I wonder if you have some variable interfering with multiple systems due to the One More Shot Beer
The sniper rifle room is able to be opened, but I can't buy it

is silverteen11-nazizombies_unstable still the map testing ID, or was it changed and I just tested an unedited version?

Unstable is still the ID.

Mind being as specific and detailed with the barricades as possible please?

I'll fix the other stuff
Resi

Next

Return to Singleplayer Maps