Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force [+ COOP]

Singleplayer Maps here.

Re: Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force, A New Journey Begins...

Postby Resi » 27 November 2017, 22:02

Unfairness wrote:The map is great, awesome, and the design is excellent.

But about one thing. Why are the Lite Railgun, Assault Rifle C-01r, and Ray Gun unknown to the player? It has been introduced being wielded by the CS in the early and late levels of the Campaign.


I'm going for a gameplay where you get more weapons as you progress, mainly because you cannot save specific weapons across levels, you can think about it as Clover not knowing how to use the weapons, or preferring not to use them because just yet due to lack of training.
User avatar
Resi
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force, A New Journey Begins...

Postby Spartz » 28 November 2017, 14:17

http://prntscr.com/hgbu4w Is the drone intentional to be neutral?
User avatar
Spartz
Recruit
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 11 February 2014, 15:50
Location: Earth

Re: Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force, A New Journey Begins...

Postby Resi » 28 November 2017, 18:30

Spartz wrote:http://prntscr.com/hgbu4w Is the drone intentional to be neutral?


Not really but I still haven't found out what the problem with it was.
User avatar
Resi
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force, A New Journey Begins...

Postby Unfairness » 29 November 2017, 15:24

silverteen11 wrote:
Spartz wrote:http://prntscr.com/hgbu4w Is the drone intentional to be neutral?


Not really but I still haven't found out what the problem with it was.


I think I found out the reason why.

I too experienced the same problem while working on my map. And when I scroll down for a character for the player, I found a character named 'Drone Controller'. It is found between the Advanced Usurp and Android T-01 and have no image.

It works perfectly fine when I put the Drone Controller in the drone, but not the rest of the characters

At least the M4 and Glock are now added to ALE ^_^
"Everything and everyone is unfair.
Trust me, you too are unfair."

-Unfairness
User avatar
Unfairness
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 24 November 2017, 13:04

Re: Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force, A New Journey Begins...

Postby Resi » 29 November 2017, 18:30

Unfairness wrote:
silverteen11 wrote:
Spartz wrote:http://prntscr.com/hgbu4w Is the drone intentional to be neutral?


Not really but I still haven't found out what the problem with it was.


I think I found out the reason why.

I too experienced the same problem while working on my map. And when I scroll down for a character for the player, I found a character named 'Drone Controller'. It is found between the Advanced Usurp and Android T-01 and have no image.

It works perfectly fine when I put the Drone Controller in the drone, but not the rest of the characters

At least the M4 and Glock are now added to ALE ^_^


It worked, thanks!! :) I didn't think a different skin would change it's behaviour, but then again this map was made before the drone controller was added to the ALE.
User avatar
Resi
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force, A New Journey Begins...

Postby Resi » 17 December 2017, 00:17

Update 1 for OF2 has been released:

Spoiler: Show More
- In Single Player, meeting the CS and ending the conversation will activate strict casual (Because there's no casual mode without strictness in triggers)
- Added defibrillators near the CS, replaced the CS's pistol with a Combat Rifle, decreased his HP from 500 to 400, added revival dialogue (Death and revival dialogue only appear once), reviving the other player in COOP mode with the defib will make their colored movable disappear.
- Added some more platforms and an elevator (Which has to be used above first) in the dark inside part where you have to go upwards to make the reaching way less tedious.
- Fixed the npc teleporter could be used when the cs died and specified it's for NPCs in it's hint.
User avatar
Resi
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Half-Life: Opposing Force

Postby Vexiled » 29 December 2017, 16:24

Alright, first of all I'd like to say good job. You've done well with this campaign thus far and definitely deserve some praise, so I'll do just that:

https://prnt.sc/httksr
This is by far the best thing ever and I love every bit of it. It's a nice little touch and rewards people who try to mess around with everything.

https://prnt.sc/httsmb
I wouldn't have noticed this if I hadn't died a couple of times, but good job with this one. It's simple, but supports different peoples play-styles. If they had sped through that scene and the guy kept talking then the dialogue might have gotten all jumbled if they ran into another scene (Though I don't think there are any others nearby, but still nice).

I also enjoy the structure of the map, It's all rather unique and never really feels bland. The BG's are simplistic but nicely so, with often some variety here and there to keep things fresh.


That's about enough praise for you, I think you've got the picture that I like it at this point. But what's a proper comment without a bit of criticism?

https://prnt.sc/httmnr | https://prnt.sc/httn8a
It just looks odd seeing that it's daylight outside yet barely any light is coming from these windows. You should add a light at the center of them, since it will look more realistic and give some ambiance. I'm not sure if there were other windows like this, there were the only ones I noticed.

https://prnt.sc/httvdn
Pretty self-explanatory, wouldn't you say?

https://prnt.sc/httn8a
Just some slight grammar issues with here. Not a big deal, just helps. Again, this was the only one I noticed, there might be more.

Overall? Good map as always Silver.
Hey.
User avatar
Vexiled
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 12 March 2015, 00:55
Location: United States

Re: Half-Life: Opposing Force

Postby Resi » 30 December 2017, 02:30

Vexiled wrote:https://prnt.sc/httksr
This is by far the best thing ever and I love every bit of it. It's a nice little touch and rewards people who try to mess around with everything.

Thanks! That was pretty much my idea and I'm glad it worked, if you'd like to see some more details I put them in my Youtube Channel when a new part is released (Though development is currently frozen for computer problems, I'm currently saving up for a new PC and have $80/$200 so far and I'll get to that by then because my current laptop is very low-end) here's the link if you wanna take a look: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-0e6l ... -BuAkN31EQ

Vexiled wrote:https://prnt.sc/httsmb
I wouldn't have noticed this if I hadn't died a couple of times, but good job with this one. It's simple, but supports different peoples play-styles. If they had sped through that scene and the guy kept talking then the dialogue might have gotten all jumbled if they ran into another scene (Though I don't think there are any others nearby, but still nice).

There are actually are a few:
Spoiler: Show More
- Go near the dead CS Heavy with the CS.
- Don't listen to him and use the car.
- Go near the android sniper with the CS.


Vexiled wrote:I also enjoy the structure of the map, It's all rather unique and never really feels bland. The BG's are simplistic but nicely so, with often some variety here and there to keep things fresh.

That's about enough praise for you, I think you've got the picture that I like it at this point. But what's a proper comment without a bit of criticism?


Thanks! I spend most of the time lazying, having problems with my PC and motivation, brainstorming and design than the layout and battling and stuff, anywho, replies are also below:

Vexiled wrote:https://prnt.sc/httmnr | https://prnt.sc/httn8a
It just looks odd seeing that it's daylight outside yet barely any light is coming from these windows. You should add a light at the center of them, since it will look more realistic and give some ambiance. I'm not sure if there were other windows like this, there were the only ones I noticed.

Oddly enough, there ARE lights in all of them with 1.6 power, I've divided each side with 0.4 lamps so they touch the BGs instead of being in the middle though, when I get my hands into the other powerful laptop (Though with serious overheating problems so it'll be temporary and it's still low-end) I'll see if it's fixed (unless somebody else shows me.)

Vexiled wrote:https://prnt.sc/httvdn
Pretty self-explanatory, wouldn't you say?

Thanks, fixed.

Vexiled wrote:https://prnt.sc/httn8a
Just some slight grammar issues with here. Not a big deal, just helps. Again, this was the only one I noticed, there might be more.

Fixed, if you see any more please inform me as I am not a native english speaker, thanks!

Vexiled wrote:Alright, first of all I'd like to say good job. You've done well with this campaign thus far and definitely deserve some praise, so I'll do just that:


Vexiled wrote:Overall? Good map as always Silver.


Huge thanks! Although they're 2 and 3 has a bit of progress and the writing is finished (and so it is for 4 though) so I'd say it's a series, just in progress, thanks for your detailed posts, it motivates me and makes me smile you enjoyed it and took your time to tell me about it.

Hotfix 3 changes:

Spoiler: Show More
- Increased delay between repair end of Blue and Red Androids (15 seconds from 10) and gave a sound for when they begin and end doing so.
- The CS dude now gets teleported to the androids.
- The Androids are now forced to target you once they come back.
- Fixed weird teleporter positions, grammatical mistakes, and possibly the lightning of windows.
- Locked car area in COOP, removed pusher in there and disabled CS dialogue.
- Moved teleporter from the end of the car corridor to the beginning in COOP for players determined to glitch in.
User avatar
Resi
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force, A New Journey Begins...

Postby Resi » 9 January 2018, 18:25

Hotfix 4 for OF2 has been released.

Spoiler: Show More
- Fixed casual mode was enabled in Multiplayer and not Singleplayer.
- Added more cover after you meet the CS.
- The trash dump usurpers don't stand on top of each other.
- The barrels have been moved from the sniper tower to the lower platforms to discourage rushing through the lasers.
- Fixed the first android's grenade couldn't be picked up.


Hotfix 11 for OF has been released.

Spoiler: Show More
-Fixed the drones were impossible to beat in MP after vehicles got added to multiplayer.
-Slightly moved the final crate to the right.
User avatar
Resi
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force, A New Journey Begins...

Postby Resi » 17 February 2018, 00:03

Update 4 for OF has been released.

Spoiler: Show More
- Improved visuals.
- Improved cover.
- Made the button for the security AI door be closer to it so players know where to go.
- Some weapon and enemy changes here and there, usurpation forces have replaced the Falkoks & Grubs.
- Removed drones.


Update 2 for OF2 has been released.

Spoiler: Show More
- Improved cover.
- Fixed the elevator didn't work.
- Made the White Android Boss harder.
- Androids have replaced some of the old Usurpation Forces and Falkoks, Usurpation Forces have also replaced some Falkoks & Grubs.


OF3 is 45% done.
User avatar
Resi
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force, A New Journey Begins...

Postby Resi » 19 March 2018, 19:27

OF3 is 75% done, apologizes for my hiatus, I finished the NZ Map I was working on and I don't enjoy pb2 map making as much anymore, here are some sneak peeks:

Spoiler: Show More


User avatar
Resi
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force, A New Journey Begins...

Postby Resi » 23 March 2018, 23:38

I was told by Doomwrath this is perfectly fine if I don't get obsessed with it, so here you go.

A personal wiki if you enjoy reading for this series.

http://pb2stof.pbworks.com/w/page/125010251/Level%201

I'll add some more pages as time goes.
User avatar
Resi
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force [+ COOP]

Postby Resi » 29 March 2018, 16:51

It's out boys!

Level 3:
Instant Demo: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=silverteen11-of3
Map page: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=silve ... &id=847836
ID: silverteen11-of3

Spoiler: Show More
  • Updated the OP with a higher quality gif (New PC).
  • Moved the barrel in the wall-jumping area in the beginning of OF1 so you don't have to hold X to move past it, gave the final Usurper in OF1 a laser.
  • The OF2 Angry Civil Security Lite's dialogue when fired too much no longer repeats infinitely (Fix).
  • Changed the OF2 white Android to Orange.
Last edited by silverteen11 on 7 July 2018, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Resi
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force [+ COOP]

Postby Resi » 6 July 2018, 18:13

OF1 update:

Spoiler: Show More
- Changed the emergency activation room movable color to orange to be easier to see.
- Added another light in the dark part of the final corridor to improve visibility.
- Tiny changes to wall positioning in the last bits of the map, a few deactivated light to give the sense the lights in the final bits are emergency lights (If only I could color them red.)
- Fixed Clover not using the correct blood color.


OF3 mini changes:

Spoiler: Show More
- Fixed a BG error at the middle of the map.
- Extended dirt BG in the fall on Jackson's POV so it looks more natural.
- Tiny detail changes to the warning signs.
- Added a bit of cover in the grub part.
- Fixed a floating button at the end.


There's a planned OF2 hotfix, and OF4 is being resumed in development after that hiatus, progress is less than 11% rn, depends how lazy and how motivated I am to finish it.
User avatar
Resi
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Plazma Burst 2: Opposing Force [+ COOP]

Postby Resi » 14 September 2018, 22:23

Made some extremelly tiny changes to OF3 and OF2 that fixed visual errors with water and backgrounds, OF4 is probably never coming out.
User avatar
Resi
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Previous

Return to Singleplayer Maps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users