backgrounds

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

backgrounds

Postby Frost Cold Slash » 30 June 2020, 14:55

When I was making a map I tried to use a city background. What happen was the background kept repeating itself. Does anyone know how to fix it? I want the background to cover the whole map.

Frost Cold Slash

Re: backgrounds

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 30 June 2020, 19:47

If you're talking about having the city background work like a sky so that it constantly stays on the screen, then... I'm afraid I don't know. But it's certainly possible, one way or another. But if that's not what you're talking about, then please elaborate, and maybe I can help you.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Nyove » 30 June 2020, 20:07

Do note that if you use BG to work as sky, the image is fixed.

If you increase the size of the BG, you get that repeating background.

The only way to solve this issue is to download the custom image you want to use, increase the size of the image through a photo editor program and upload the increased size of thay image as a custom decoration.
(There is a topic that guides you on how to download the custom images if you need help - look into the recent topics in "Bug reporting, Help & Support" section.)

Remember to credit the original author for uploading the custom art.

P.S: The image don't scale and stretch as you expand the size of the background. This can be a issue with games that has different resolution for PB2. A small sized game might not notice a images repeated pattern but a full screen downloaded game might. Make sure your image is large enough.

Good luck.
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 30 June 2020, 23:05

Yeah, if you use the image as a decor instead of a background, then you can avoid that repeating image thing. From there, you can scale the decor object and modify it with trigger actions in the editor.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Tutorials